NMM 0.60 Beta released with profiling. Sharing profiles to follow soon.

Dark0ne

WP THIS UPDATE JUST DESTROYED MY SKYRIM INSTALL. IT MISSES 10000 FILES AND OBVIOUSLY DOES NOT WORK, CANT EVEN REACH LOADING SCREEN. I HAD 166MODS INSTALLED. I LL HAVE TO DO THAT PROPERLY AGAIN ANDTHEN I HOPE I COULD GET INTO MY SAVEGAME.

PS : YES I M MASSIVELY PISSED

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not installing it myself I have no use for mod profiling, if I did I would already be using mod manager, I use nexus manager because its simple and doesn't have all the fancy stuff I don't want.

I think it would have been a better idea to not allow it to be installed without visiting the website though, I normally just load nexus manager, download and install update. Its only because I saw version 0.60 and realised what it meant that I didn't.

What is the planned time before 0.56.1 is no longer officially supported ?

Also with profile backups what happens if modders delete there mods off nexus, would the backup allow these to be downloaded (which means modders may be unhappy) or would it mean it wouldn't be available (which means mod user still needs to keep copies of all mods) ?

In response to post #28773604.

vitul wrote: WP THIS UPDATE JUST DESTROYED MY SKYRIM INSTALL. IT MISSES 10000 FILES AND OBVIOUSLY DOES NOT WORK, CANT EVEN REACH LOADING SCREEN. I HAD 166MODS INSTALLED. I LL HAVE TO DO THAT PROPERLY AGAIN ANDTHEN I HOPE I COULD GET INTO MY SAVEGAME.

PS : YES I M MASSIVELY PISSED

follow gopher video to move ur profile to the one in vrs 60

I bet the people who didn't bother to READ the bright RED warning are the same people that have several extra tool bars installed on their browser and wonder where they came from as well. :tongue:

The instructions on how to revert are in the announcement that you didn't think was worth reading. The one the warning directs you to read

For those who don't know where announcements are made - here is a link to that announcement. http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3227749-nmm-060-beta-released-with-profiling-sharing-profiles-to-follow-soon/?p=28759509

And for those for whom even that is too long to read here is an excerpt telling you what to do.

In the extremely unlikely event that you just cannot get 0.60 to work, and you don't want to wait for the bug report you've sent in to be looked at (remember to do that!) then all versions of NMM released since February 2015 have a backup and restore functionality built into them. If you want to revert back to 0.56.1 from version 0.60 for whatever reason then you can do that by following these instructions on our wiki.

For the one that complained that v .60 should be optional - It HAS been optional for the last 8 months. It was shown as an Alpha version - meaning under test. And anyone who wanted to could help test it. 40,000 people did and it worked for them.

NMM has always been a Beta program, meaning it is still being worked on with new features being added and a bug report system to report any bugs. The v .60 is just the latest update to the Beta. NMM is not a released program - and we have NEVER claimed it was anything but a Beta program that is still under development.

Our problem is it has worked too good and users have become complacent thinking NMM is a great program when it is still unfinished. When the spate of people demanding instant perfection have finished screaming that it doesn't work has died down, The bugs will be fixed and it will be back to business as usual.

NMM is not and has never been required for using any mods here. For many years we installed all mods manually. That method still works.

Buahahaaa, I didn't read what the text on the new nmm, and just eh, messed up, because I didn't felt like reading *cough *cough, but anyway, I can always reinstall the mods the hard way, and doing the hard way is a lot faster lol All I have to do is uninstall skyrim legendary edition, then delete everything on its install folder x.x then reinstall skyrim and start installing mods again. Restoring or reverting to the old mod one is awesome, but eh, its faster for me to uninstall the game lol, and I don't why other people is crying over this. Anyway keep up the good work team nexus! Thanks to you guys Morrowind Oblivion and Skyrim is so much fun playing because of how easy the nmm works. Edited by orb1akatsuki

I like an option to set the profiles, and don`t mind risking my saves BUT the lack of box using to chose to modules is like the worst possible "addition"/bug.

I can`t install PerMA properly anymore, because I can`t chose the modules which I wanna install, and while not gamebreaking The Ruffled Feather is welp unusable thanks to NMM promptly ignoring every module this mod has to offer such as compatibility patches to Dragonborn

In response to post #28775019.

andy2160 wrote: I like an option to set the profiles, and don`t mind risking my saves BUT the lack of box using to chose to modules is like the worst possible "addition"/bug.
I can`t install PerMA properly anymore, because I can`t chose the modules which I wanna install, and while not gamebreaking The Ruffled Feather is welp unusable thanks to NMM promptly ignoring every module this mod has to offer such as compatibility patches to Dragonborn

If you want to change the options for scripted installers you need to uninstall them:
Uninstall is no longer achieved by double-clicking on a mod (that will just disable it, thus removing their link to the game's Data folder).
To uninstall a mod you need to right-click on it and select one of the 2 Uninstall options.
Now, if you reinstall it you'll get the usual scripted installer menus.