NMM 0.60 Beta released with profiling. Sharing profiles to follow soon.

Dark0ne

In response to post #28760444.

Naznaczony wrote: Damn after installation my mods stop working, now i need to reinstal whole game with all mods thank you.

It said right in the bright bold "PLEASE READ" section that it would uninstall, and then reinstall all of your mods. That should be a red flag if you have a touchy setup.

It DID NOT say that when I started NMM today and it asked me to update? It was AFTER it erased my old NMM that I found out I was totally messed up. Hitting cancel, and now with no mod manager.

There should of been some warning. I have 221 mods installed and working. I do not want to try and uninstall and reinstall them during a play thru.

SO, where is the latest old version, OR do I need to go to MO or trick FOMM into doing skyrim?

Edited by Arcturus7777

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm noticing that all the people with little to no problems are the people with fewer and simpler mods. It seems that the users who heavily modded their games with a (previously FUNCTIONAL) modding utility built for just that are the ones getting screwed over.

I'm missing 63 plugins. 23 are corrupted. At least five of them are STILL being read as corrupted after deletion and redownloading, I didn't bother to check further after the first five. I read the BIG RED LETTERS, I heeded the warnings, and followed the instructions step by step and look what happened. I'm sorry Nexus staff, but you guys have screwed up ROYALLY this time and obliterated many peoples' setups. Maybe you should spend some of this time behind your keyboard working for a solution and quickly, rather than telling your members to fix their attitudes and that it must be user error.

You're likely going to see a huge exodus of users until this is fixed and honestly, it's not undeserved. This is insane. It took me almost a year to finally get my installation to my preference and with a single update you ensured I won't touch that game again for another year.

Good work on a bad job.

Well the mod profiles will be neat if it works how I think it does. Share a mod profile file with a friend, and it'll automatically download all the mods from the nexus. Would it also be possible to have it so you can pack another thing with it for mods that aren't on Nexus's website? (Totally not Lover's Lab. Totally. Nope.) Though I suppose I can see some legal issues with mod licenses not allow redistribution. Either way, it looks cool. Thanks for the hard work, I think'll wait till people either simmer down or there's a more stable update.

In response to post #28778574.

Arcturus7777 wrote:

In response to post #28760444.

Naznaczony wrote: Damn after installation my mods stop working, now i need to reinstal whole game with all mods thank you.

It said right in the bright bold "PLEASE READ" section that it would uninstall, and then reinstall all of your mods. That should be a red flag if you have a touchy setup.

It DID NOT say that when I started NMM today and it asked me to update? It was AFTER it erased my old NMM that I found out I was totally messed up. Hitting cancel, and now with no mod manager.

There should of been some warning. I have 221 mods installed and working. I do not want to try and uninstall and reinstall them during a play thru.

SO, where is the latest old version, OR do I need to go to MO or trick FOMM into doing skyrim?

If you haven't interacted with the process yet (i.e. you clicked "Cancel" instead of "Yes" or "No") then all you need to do is reinstall the previous version of NMM you had, and no changes will have been made.

In response to post #28778399.

paksen09 wrote:

Well I must say the promoters of MO must be quite pleased. NMM has definitely given them a boost in numbers after this, I'm actually not sure what to call it, disaster maybe? I have been a long time user of nmm mostly for it's simplicity and ease of use. This update royally screwed my games and I am not going to waste my time scratching my head and trying to learn how to make it work. It's broken and I am downloading MO as I type and will happily learn to use it without shedding a tear.

MO is great, and we have no competition. So frankly...good luck, god speed. I will say that if you're not good at reading comprehension then yeah...MO isn't going to be a step up for you. Edited by Dark0ne

In response to post #28778119.

Derint wrote: Add me to the list of people who are not (and will likely never be) interested in "mod profiles." It has been said before by others and I'll say it again on my own behalf: I use NMM for the simplicity and ease of use and the ability to alter my own installation manually if I want to do something that NMM doesn't do out of the box. If I wanted this "feature" I'd have been using Mod Organizer long since. And given my extremely long installed/activated mod list, it looks like I will be using 56.1 until they turn out the lights and shut the doors. I'm just happy that I didn't update before reading this post and the comments.

You did exactly what you were supposed to, then. This update is definitely for the future, and specifically in preparation for the release of FO4, before another major game comes out.

Personally, if you have a very finely tuned mod installation for Skyrim, or other games with NMM, then I'd recommend sticking with 0.56.1. I've said as much in the warning in the installation for 0.60. I'd then suggest setting up a second copy of NMM using 0.60 for FO4, if you plan to play it, as you'll be starting from a completely clean slate like everyone else for FO4 so there's no concerns about reinstalls.

Then, if you one day decide to attempt reinstalling your mods from scratch with Skyrim and others, make the move across.

In response to post #28773709.

FireOogle wrote: Not installing it myself I have no use for mod profiling, if I did I would already be using mod manager, I use nexus manager because its simple and doesn't have all the fancy stuff I don't want.

I think it would have been a better idea to not allow it to be installed without visiting the website though, I normally just load nexus manager, download and install update. Its only because I saw version 0.60 and realised what it meant that I didn't.

What is the planned time before 0.56.1 is no longer officially supported ?

Also with profile backups what happens if modders delete there mods off nexus, would the backup allow these to be downloaded (which means modders may be unhappy) or would it mean it wouldn't be available (which means mod user still needs to keep copies of all mods) ?

0.56.1 will be supported (e.g. the web services will still work) for the foreseeable future. However, it won't have any further updates. So, for example, when FO4 comes out, 0.56.1 won't support it.