NMM 0.60 Beta released with profiling. Sharing profiles to follow soon.

Dark0ne

In response to post #28764189. #28764279, #28764319, #28764429, #28764574 are all replies on the same post.

LoneAlphaWolf wrote: Sorry that so many people here are being so grumpy.. I mean, understandable that they are... but why would you update if your install is so finicky?

I'm here to say THANK YOU for this awesome update. For bringing us this FREE mod manager, and for devoting your valuable time to it. I cannot wait until profile sharing is up and I can just download someone else's mod set up with a click. Super excited!
ladre5 wrote: how about a BIIIIIIIG warning at the BEGINNING of the unstall progress,that it will deinstall ALL of ur mods, whatever u choose?
srsy, how reads the readme? i just was tired of clicking away the window saying there is a new update so i clicked it and installed it.
after u done that ua re screwed. this is a really terribel way of handling this, like they are newbies. just so angry, playing skyrim now is over for me.
Naznaczony wrote: Same here now i need to spend like 5 hours just to find all my mods then probably another 2 hours to install everything in right order :P
DuskDweller wrote: There are so many detailed warnings everywhere on this new build.
ladre5 wrote: i better dont reply here or i get banned...

Maybe you learned something today.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I must protest this new addition. The lack of profiling was what made NMM better than Mod Organizer. Skyrim and many other games were not designed for how profiling works and in the end it's more work than it's worth. If this is now being forced on us than NMM is dead to me.

I strongly recommend reversing course on this or at least retain the old functionality.

In response to post #28764189. #28764279, #28764319, #28764429, #28764574, #28764784 are all replies on the same post.

LoneAlphaWolf wrote: Sorry that so many people here are being so grumpy.. I mean, understandable that they are... but why would you update if your install is so finicky?

I'm here to say THANK YOU for this awesome update. For bringing us this FREE mod manager, and for devoting your valuable time to it. I cannot wait until profile sharing is up and I can just download someone else's mod set up with a click. Super excited!
ladre5 wrote: how about a BIIIIIIIG warning at the BEGINNING of the unstall progress,that it will deinstall ALL of ur mods, whatever u choose?
srsy, how reads the readme? i just was tired of clicking away the window saying there is a new update so i clicked it and installed it.
after u done that ua re screwed. this is a really terribel way of handling this, like they are newbies. just so angry, playing skyrim now is over for me.
Naznaczony wrote: Same here now i need to spend like 5 hours just to find all my mods then probably another 2 hours to install everything in right order :P
DuskDweller wrote: There are so many detailed warnings everywhere on this new build.
ladre5 wrote: i better dont reply here or i get banned...
Elianora wrote: Maybe you learned something today.

I'm not grumpy, I'm very excited. This will allow me to set up a game with seasons, and as time passes in game, change the seasonal mods with a click of a button and play through winter, spring, summer and fall, with the same character. :) Now just waiting for Frostfall 3.0. This will put the mod organizer fan boys in there place. Nexus Forever! Thank-you! Edited by HanDavo

Are you guys nuts? Uninstall all mods? Did you guys even think that many people have manual patches and many other stuff that is not all installed on NMM??? Now my skyrim is broken and I have reinstall every f*#@ing thing, oh yes your new mod installer isnt even working it doesn't show up the options for mods.... Jeez whoever decided this was a good idea should shoot themselves. Not ever should program force you to uninstall mods.. NEVER

It's so funny, I actually opened NMM today for the sole purpose of seeing how hard it would be to switch to something with profiling. HAH! All right let me back up all my stuff and see how this works :D

What excellent timimg! Awesome work, Nexus team!

In response to post #28765789.

Xtyfe00 wrote: I must protest this new addition. The lack of profiling was what made NMM better than Mod Organizer. Skyrim and many other games were not designed for how profiling works and in the end it's more work than it's worth. If this is now being forced on us than NMM is dead to me.

I strongly recommend reversing course on this or at least retain the old functionality.

We're not forcing anybody to do anything. NMM Legacy and NMM 0.56.1 versions still work exactly as they did before.

If you want updated functionality and bug fixes from here-on-out, you'll need to update. If everything with NMM is working for you already and you don't need this, then don't update.

It's rather simple, really.

OK, can't recommend to do the upgrade/update if you using hundreds or even more active mods. It will not show up the scripted installation mods to select preferences and so on. Also many mods are not installed completely and in the right order. Finally starting Skyrim with obviously all fixed, load screen CTD.

Roll back as described on the Wiki also not working smoothly.

I decided now to take my Excel sheet with the last export of the mods table and install everything from scratch manually to be able to continue my last savegame in a couple of hours.

To everyone complaining about losing their mod installations.

You do realize you're using free software provided by people who make their income off of an ad supported site that you use for free where you download free mods made by people who are only compensated by your comments and endorsements, right?

On top of that, NMM is provided as, and very explicitly stated to be a BETA. While it has been in beta for a long time, what this means in software terms is that while the core features exist and work, unknown issues could and most likely do reside in the code, because the software has only been tested by a few people internally to the developers. Software goes into beta testing to get a lot of people to test it and find all the bugs so they can be fixed. This is good as it helps find bugs faster, this is not good in that sometimes fixing bugs or changing features can break things for the people using the software.

Tl;dr, You're using free software that is stated as being likely to change at any time. Get over yourselves.

In response to post #28764089. #28764174 is also a reply to the same post.

ladre5 wrote: i cant tell how stupid this is, what a .....
why cant u abort the whole thing after u installed it? who the hell reads the read me of a new nmm version?
now it deinstalls all mods and i ahve plenty! some have to be instzalled in the right order to work, this will take hours to do and i adont have this time.
biggest fail ever, so angry right now...
Skylarflare wrote: I feel the same, like.. seriously?
This is the result of bad programming or their new "director" trying to take control.
I won't be playing Skyrim for a while due to how long it's going to take to fix this..
Same feels.

You can. Twice. Once during the installer phase where a warning, in BIG RED FONT informs you of the major change that this update brings and to read the site news and again, where you're actually told all your mods will be uninstalled by a prompt that informs you you can cancel without going ahead with the uninstall. Here it is again, for you to read where you messed up on that front. I've highlighted the relevant area:

This new version of NMM includes a major update to the way we store and install your mods which allows us to accommodate mod profiling (different profiles for different playthroughs of your game).

In order for it to work NMM needs to uninstall all your currently installed mods.

Choose option 'YES' if you would like NMM to attempt to try and reinstall all your currently installed mods using the new method. The migration procedure is a lengthy process and it could require several minutes or even hours depending on your PC speed and quantity and size of your currently installed mods. You may be required to interact with some scripted installers during the reinstall process.

Choose option 'NO' if you want NMM to uninstall all your mods and leave you to activate the ones you use again. (this doesn't delete your mods, it simply deactivates them)

Choose the 'CANCEL' option if you would like to cancel this setup and not proceed with this new version. You will not be upgraded to this version of NMM!