NMM 0.60 Beta released with profiling. Sharing profiles to follow soon.

Dark0ne

In response to post #28769699. #28769749 is also a reply to the same post.

vagabondguy wrote: I read the installer, and it's warnings, twice to make sure that everything worked well since I"ve already gotten screwed once in the modding menus by steam, I'm doubly careful these days. I don't care, who's fault it is, or how "Wrong I am" for not being careful enough with an auto installer. I'm not here to point fingers or name names. All I want to know, is if this is a result of the new system, and if by chance it is, how do I fix it, or uninstall everything so I can play it again or re-mod it. I have a nursing degree I"m still working on pursuing while working a full shift during the week ends. I only ever get one day off a week to play skyrim and this has put a serious clamp on that. Someone, anyone, just tell me : "How do I fix this so I can make use of the short 4 hour period I get to myself during the week. That's all I want to know. I don't care how wrong you think I am, or how right you think you are. I just need to know if this is fixable so I can go spend my time and energy elsewhere if I have to.
Dark0ne wrote: You haven't actually told us what's wrong? If you're having a problem, please report it in the bug tracker linked in the news post.

I would have, but I just don't have the time anymore. I'm just gonna do a clean reinstall and try again later in the week. I do at least appreciate the well timed response, I guess. At least give some recognition where it's due.

Seriously though I appreciate that ya at least tried to get back to me.
A clean install just works better for me in the end. I was going to wipe it anyway so eh. this is a good time to do it. Silver-lining and such, yeah?

As for what's wrong, something tells me the other comments and reported posts will elaborate better than I could. And one I reinstall, eventually, I"ll have a better sense of where the wheels fall off the bus and can provide my own reports.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, one thing is certain, it does take a long time. After 3+, possibly 4+ hours it finally finished the whole process, but 32 plugins went missing, and i suppose I'll have to reinstall and install mods manually. So, another 3+ hours it seems. Hope it works, if not, then i guess it's a high time to give MO a try lol

Judging by all of the negative comments, you'd think Nexus just implemented paid mods or something.....

Of course I'm getting CTDs whilst trying to run Skyrim, so I kinda get some of the anger, but will continue to tinker with it till I get it fixed or completely re-install everything and start from scratch. No need to get nasty with anyone over it, though.

Edited by Crimsonhawk87

f*#@. YOU.

f*#@ you with a f*#@ing chainsaw!

I accepted the auto-update thing.... and proceeds to ask me if I want to it uninstall all my mods and reinstall them. I select NO and it.... does it the f*#@ anyway? After a month of getting 180+ mods to work smoothly and stably together I FINALLY had exactly the game I wanted and had just gotten invested in the playthrough... and then this. Good f*#@ing luck to me ever getting that save file to load again after I try desperately to remember the load order and TES5edit changes and s#*! that made it work the first time.

Granted, it's a private service. You can do whatever you want with it. But for the love of god WHY? Whyh could you not at least have WARNED us first so that those of who dont care about "mod profiles" could have refused the update? I would never have accepted the update if I'd known it would do this. It wouldn't have cost you anything. WHY!

Do I sound like a butthurt little girl? GOOD! I am VERY BUTTHURT right now, so that's exactly how I should sound! And I don't think i've been this mad about a videogame since I was 13! I cannot emphasize enough the level of "f*#@ you in the ass with a blowtorch and die" sentiment that I feel towards you people right now!

In response to post #28770189.

crnistanoje wrote: Well, one thing is certain, it does take a long time. After 3+, possibly 4+ hours it finally finished the whole process, but 32 plugins went missing, and i suppose I'll have to reinstall and install mods manually. So, another 3+ hours it seems. Hope it works, if not, then i guess it's a high time to give MO a try lol

Would love to know what the 32 plugins were. Need to know whether it's an issue with the plugins and our migration tool, or whether it's completely random and another 32 plugins wouldn't install if you were to do it again (not that you'd want to).

There is only one problem that i have found while using this, a few mods that i install including the Unofficial Skyrim Patches, there plugins do not appear in LOOT, or on the plugin portion of NMM or the Skyrim Launcher, NMM says it is installed, bu the .esps do not appear in either the plugin portion of NMM, LOOT, TESVEdit, nor my Skyrim Directory itself. I love the profiling addition, bu this is a problem that i am having.

In response to post #28770784.

LadyAdunaphel wrote: f*#@. YOU.

f*#@ you with a f*#@ing chainsaw!

I accepted the auto-update thing.... and proceeds to ask me if I want to it uninstall all my mods and reinstall them. I select NO and it.... does it the f*#@ anyway? After a month of getting 180+ mods to work smoothly and stably together I FINALLY had exactly the game I wanted and had just gotten invested in the playthrough... and then this. Good f*#@ing luck to me ever getting that save file to load again after I try desperately to remember the load order and TES5edit changes and s#*! that made it work the first time.

Granted, it's a private service. You can do whatever you want with it. But for the love of god WHY? Whyh could you not at least have WARNED us first so that those of who dont care about "mod profiles" could have refused the update? I would never have accepted the update if I'd known it would do this. It wouldn't have cost you anything. WHY!

Do I sound like a butthurt little girl? GOOD! I am VERY BUTTHURT right now, so that's exactly how I should sound! And I don't think i've been this mad about a videogame since I was 13! I cannot emphasize enough the level of "f*#@ you in the ass with a blowtorch and die" sentiment that I feel towards you people right now!

Personal attacks aside (if you do it again, you'll be off this site for good, sort your attitude out right now), here's what the text says:

This new version of NMM includes a major update to the way we store and install your mods which allows us to accommodate mod profiling (different profiles for different playthroughs of your game).

In order for it to work NMM needs to uninstall all your currently installed mods.

Choose option 'YES' if you would like NMM to attempt to try and reinstall all your currently installed mods using the new method. The migration procedure is a lengthy process and it could require several minutes or even hours depending on your PC speed and quantity and size of your currently installed mods. You may be required to interact with some scripted installers during the reinstall process.

Choose option 'NO' if you want NMM to uninstall all your mods and leave you to activate the ones you use again. (this doesn't delete your mods, it simply deactivates them)

Choose the 'CANCEL' option if you would like to cancel this setup and not proceed with this new version. You will not be upgraded to this version of NMM!

So if you selected "NO", then yes, it will uninstall all your mods, just like it said it would. I assume what you did was read the text for the "YES", decide that's not what you wanted so selected "NO" without actually reading all the way through and finding out what "NO" does? If so...pretty sure that's your fault.

And yes, we warned you, with BIG RED FONT during the installation process. And again in that prompt. Edited by Dark0ne

In response to post #28770839.

abeautifulcat wrote: There is only one problem that i have found while using this, a few mods that i install including the Unofficial Skyrim Patches, there plugins do not appear in LOOT, or on the plugin portion of NMM or the Skyrim Launcher, NMM says it is installed, bu the .esps do not appear in either the plugin portion of NMM, LOOT, TESVEdit, nor my Skyrim Directory itself. I love the profiling addition, bu this is a problem that i am having.

Hi there,

Please can you post this in the bug tracker for the programmers to see? I believe someone else reported this but we're struggling to get more information from him.

If it's a problem with NMM, we'll get it patched up ASAP (it'll be tomorrow as it's gone 7pm here and we all have outside duties to attend to tonight).

Thank you.

In response to post #28770189. #28770814 is also a reply to the same post.

crnistanoje wrote: Well, one thing is certain, it does take a long time. After 3+, possibly 4+ hours it finally finished the whole process, but 32 plugins went missing, and i suppose I'll have to reinstall and install mods manually. So, another 3+ hours it seems. Hope it works, if not, then i guess it's a high time to give MO a try lol
Dark0ne wrote: Would love to know what the 32 plugins were. Need to know whether it's an issue with the plugins and our migration tool, or whether it's completely random and another 32 plugins wouldn't install if you were to do it again (not that you'd want to).

Already started reinstalling mods so I'm not sure about every plugin, but some of them were: RaceCompatibility.esm, ClimatesOfTamriel.esm, SkyRe_Main.esp, SkyRe_Combat.esp, HarvestOverhaul.esp, HarvestOverhaul_SkyRe_Patch.esp, HarvestOverhaulCreatures.esp, Better Vampires.esp, Unbelievable Grass Two.esp, EnhancedLightsandFX.esp, ELFX - Exteriors.esp, ELFX - NoBreezehome.esp, Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp, Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp, WetandCold.esp, Immersive Citizens - AI Overhaul.esp, RaceMenuMorphsUUNP.esp, XPMSE.esp, WARZONES - Civil Unrest.esp, Valerica.esp, ReProccer.esp... Hope this helps, and thanks for the quick response. Cheers! :)