ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Update on NMM version 0.60 and FAQ

Dark0ne

In response to post #28885839.

MMB079 wrote: Found out new problem of Nexus Mod Manager. When you uninstall a certain mod which has a FOMOD installer and try to install it back, the FOMOD disappears and you can't choose new options. When to expect a fix?

Please read here, it's working as intended:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/3229304-060-scripted-installers-multiple-choices/

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #28866924.

chuckles0000 wrote:

what does this update mean for merged patches?

NMM will recognize some of them (Bashed, PM, DSR), for the other patches you currently need to re-run the patchers after a profile switch.

You could then post on the feedback forum to let us know with patches we forgot to include.

also in the near future we will add the possibility for you to flag specific plugins as profile specific and they will be stored along the profile.

In response to post #28866924. #28887119 is also a reply to the same post.

chuckles0000 wrote:

what does this update mean for merged patches?

DuskDweller wrote: NMM will recognize some of them (Bashed, PM, DSR), for the other patches you currently need to re-run the patchers after a profile switch.

You could then post on the feedback forum to let us know with patches we forgot to include.

also in the near future we will add the possibility for you to flag specific plugins as profile specific and they will be stored along the profile.

Awesome news about the potential per profile feature. Will you think about extending this from esp and bsa to further file types as well (like meshes, textures and most importantly the various skse ini files that are generated at runtime)? Please...

In response to post #28860284. #28881684, #28883389, #28883474 are all replies on the same post.

Elianora wrote: What I don't get it that.. I started fresh. No mods installed. I deleted my InstallInfo before I updated. I made a clean Skyrim\Data folder. This left the mods I have into the NMM Mods tab but all inactivate. So I start activating mods. I have only vanilla game + all DLC addons, SkyUI and iHUD and our new quest mod, and I crash at main menu.

Do I really need to redownload all my mod files, some of which are custom made packages for my own backups?
geknight wrote: Hey there..... Many mods, virtually ALL scripted installs are barfing on the conversion. To make them work properly you must DELETE them and REACQUIRE them - either from a download or from a backup copy of your NMM mods folder that you should make BEFORE you start. (The delete will erase the 7zip from your computer). when you do this the scripted install will function and it will work properly.

Otherwise the "file links" that they are trying to implement will lead to nowhere. I was trying to add some custom body stuff to a couple of my favorite NPC mods and actually hung explorer.exe up because it couldn't find its targets. LOL I'm still seeing occasional purple textures and floating polygons 3 days later (176 mods installed) :D. Far as I can tell, the two mods of yours I'm using ported fine, but then you don't seem to script your installs....

Good luck wrestling the bear ;)
DrakeTheDragon wrote: Are you sure you had to "delete" them? I only "uninstalled" them, the right-click action that was documented to become necessary above and inside the NMM again. Then when I "activated" them again, they "reinstalled" and the scripted installers popped up just as they should have. At least I for one didn't have to re-"download" even 1 single archive so far, for what it's worth.

Only thing I could wish for now would be some way to "merge" or "anneal" personal changes of mine into the packages stored inside the mods folder. I think it did something along that line when it created the backup profile for quick restore after a failed conversion, but I'm not seeing any option to do that whenever I feel like it up to now.

I'm used to loosing personal changes whenever I, for one reason or another, need to reinstall a package sometimes. So a way to just "introduce" the changes done right into the archives at one point would sure be of massive help with this in future reinstalls.
Elianora wrote: I just cut and pasted the mods folder to "Skyrim - backup" within NMM folder and restarted NMM, dragged all the mods from the backup folder to the Mods tab in NMM, activated them. All work perfectly. In the process of making profiles :) Takes a bit of getting used to how it handles the actual Data files, but all is great so far :)

Drake the FOMODs did not port right and to get them to execute I had to delete them and reacquire as described. there is a .6 out and I'm gonna load it now to see if this is fixed but the issue was still there as of .5 . So far I haven't encountered problems EXCEPT with FOMODS. Maybe it's fixed. The thread on this issue got cleaned and locked shortly after I reported the bug this AM. Seems the old hands like me (plays much, posts seldom :) ) are spending our time getting the game put back together than reporting bugs. But for me, the reacquire strategy is a usable workaround and fixes the problem when nothing else would work at all.

In response to post #28860284. #28881684, #28883389, #28883474, #28891134 are all replies on the same post.

Elianora wrote: What I don't get it that.. I started fresh. No mods installed. I deleted my InstallInfo before I updated. I made a clean Skyrim\Data folder. This left the mods I have into the NMM Mods tab but all inactivate. So I start activating mods. I have only vanilla game + all DLC addons, SkyUI and iHUD and our new quest mod, and I crash at main menu.

Do I really need to redownload all my mod files, some of which are custom made packages for my own backups?
geknight wrote: Hey there..... Many mods, virtually ALL scripted installs are barfing on the conversion. To make them work properly you must DELETE them and REACQUIRE them - either from a download or from a backup copy of your NMM mods folder that you should make BEFORE you start. (The delete will erase the 7zip from your computer). when you do this the scripted install will function and it will work properly.

Otherwise the "file links" that they are trying to implement will lead to nowhere. I was trying to add some custom body stuff to a couple of my favorite NPC mods and actually hung explorer.exe up because it couldn't find its targets. LOL I'm still seeing occasional purple textures and floating polygons 3 days later (176 mods installed) :D. Far as I can tell, the two mods of yours I'm using ported fine, but then you don't seem to script your installs....

Good luck wrestling the bear ;)
DrakeTheDragon wrote: Are you sure you had to "delete" them? I only "uninstalled" them, the right-click action that was documented to become necessary above and inside the NMM again. Then when I "activated" them again, they "reinstalled" and the scripted installers popped up just as they should have. At least I for one didn't have to re-"download" even 1 single archive so far, for what it's worth.

Only thing I could wish for now would be some way to "merge" or "anneal" personal changes of mine into the packages stored inside the mods folder. I think it did something along that line when it created the backup profile for quick restore after a failed conversion, but I'm not seeing any option to do that whenever I feel like it up to now.

I'm used to loosing personal changes whenever I, for one reason or another, need to reinstall a package sometimes. So a way to just "introduce" the changes done right into the archives at one point would sure be of massive help with this in future reinstalls.
Elianora wrote: I just cut and pasted the mods folder to "Skyrim - backup" within NMM folder and restarted NMM, dragged all the mods from the backup folder to the Mods tab in NMM, activated them. All work perfectly. In the process of making profiles :) Takes a bit of getting used to how it handles the actual Data files, but all is great so far :)
geknight wrote: Drake the FOMODs did not port right and to get them to execute I had to delete them and reacquire as described. there is a .6 out and I'm gonna load it now to see if this is fixed but the issue was still there as of .5 . So far I haven't encountered problems EXCEPT with FOMODS. Maybe it's fixed. The thread on this issue got cleaned and locked shortly after I reported the bug this AM. Seems the old hands like me (plays much, posts seldom :) ) are spending our time getting the game put back together than reporting bugs. But for me, the reacquire strategy is a usable workaround and fixes the problem when nothing else would work at all.

Good luck with getting different profiles to work....still having issues with that! If you do figure it out give us a quick shout on how you got it to work please!

Yup, this is not as much an upgrade as it is a complete new mod manager that you should only install at your own extreme peril. Just wanted to play a bit of Skyrim to relax after a hard days work, but instead of that I have been cursing at the screen all evening. Yes, it does say that it needs to reinstall you mods (5 minutes my ass), but it did not say that after that your character will be stuck with a blue face. I appreciate the work you are doing here, but today I am not that happy.

Edit: The blue face is fixed, I messed up reinstalling some tatoo mods. Game seems to be running fine now, will see if anything else is borked. It was not how I wanted to spend the evening, but I have gotten much more fun using this service than one frustrating evening can ruin. Keep up the good work!

Edited by MultiMagpie

In response to post #28886834.

scarface0040 wrote: At first, I installed 60.5. When I saw that prompt to uninstall and reinstall mods, I immediately hit "cancel". It sounded sketchy to me. I went to look on the forums and sure enough the update bricked peoples games. Lol. As far as I understand it, the only mods that have an issue with 60.5 are fomod installers. If you don't have any of those, it probably won't brick your game. Probably. I just reinstalled 56.1 and everything works fine now.

Nope, I have no fomod installers, still having problems.

In response to post #28886834. #28892819 is also a reply to the same post.

scarface0040 wrote: At first, I installed 60.5. When I saw that prompt to uninstall and reinstall mods, I immediately hit "cancel". It sounded sketchy to me. I went to look on the forums and sure enough the update bricked peoples games. Lol. As far as I understand it, the only mods that have an issue with 60.5 are fomod installers. If you don't have any of those, it probably won't brick your game. Probably. I just reinstalled 56.1 and everything works fine now.
MultiMagpie wrote: Nope, I have no fomod installers, still having problems.

I did say "probably".