Update on NMM version 0.60 and FAQ

Dark0ne

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #28844939.

moose109 wrote: What was the point in uninstalling and reinstalling the mods anyway?

To clear up corrupted content generated by them. It's hard to explain, it's just something you do in these situations. You may have to reinstall Skyrim, once again it's the price people pay for not heeding posted warnings about instability and risk of use.

In response to post #28845124. #28845234 is also a reply to the same post.

Fliegenaffe wrote: i wasn't expecting to reinstall skyrim and all my mods, just because the nmm updated. after many, many hours, i got my skyrim working again. it feels very buggy, as you will always get stuff left behind in your saves (no matter how careful you are). i have a friend who is in the process of reinstalling his skyrim as it ruined his installation. it is a shame this has happened, and a tad annoying, as i like the nexus site for the brilliant mods that it hosts. Users cannot be blamed solely for their installations being ruined. When the new nmm uninstalled and reinstalled my mods, it left out vital esm files eg climates of tamriel.esm and ETaC.esm. As you know, it is not a case of just uninstalling mods and putting them straight back on. There are dependancies, compatibility patches, and specific install orders eg what to install before and after static mesh improvement. I'm sure most people appreciate the fact that it may be necessary to "do a bit of work" once it finished uninstalling and reinstalling the mods, but not having to reinstall everything, due to problems caused by missing files.
JakeCWolf wrote: The NMM team might have left a figurative minefield with this update, but they also took the liberty to put signs up warning of the danger ahead.

You and your friend herp-a-derped into a clearly labeled minefield and now your angry you got a few limbs blown off. You really have no one to blame but yourselves.

Here's that sign I mentioned: http://static-2.nexusmods.com/15/images/110/1-1442505250.png

yes, i did have a moan, but my skyrim is pretty much fixed now. i appreciate all software have their problems, plus this new version is quite an overhaul. some of the new features are very similar to Mod Organiser. Keep up the good work.

Typing this with my nose, due to wandering on to a minefield.

In response to post #28838444. #28842869, #28844059, #28846004 are all replies on the same post.

Oubliette wrote:

You know what might help? Allowing multiple installs of NMM.

So I could keep the game I'm currently modding in .56.1 and move all my other NMM compatible games to the new system.

FireOogle wrote: that's what I shall attempt to do when FO4 comes out ... well assuming beth don't have some super invasive restrict mod manager that must be used or your computer explodes
dogcow wrote: If I could install NMM 0.60 alongside the 0.56 version and then only migrate specific games over to the new setup, gradually, I'd be a lot keener to try out 0.60.

Just quickly tried to do this and it works absolutely fine. Installed a second copy of NMM to a folder called "Nexus Mod Manager 2" instead of "Nexus Mod Manager". Ensured it used completely different folders in the settings as well (else it'll cause serious issues!) and works like a charm. 2 NMM installs on one PC -- easy!

Bear in mind that you shouldn't use two different copies of NMM to manage the same game; that won't work. But if you wanted to use 0.56 to manage Skyrim and previous games, and 0.60 to manage Fallout 4 and other games, that would work absolutely and perfectly fine. Edited by Dark0ne

So you just oversight the way people use tools.

You also oversight the signification of 3 words: YES, NO, CANCEL., specifically, the word NO.

You can't just change the definition of that very word because you are lazy to create a specific message box.

Not far away, you forced a NMM install from the web site, why not this time?

The autoupdate leave you there without warning.

I find this update 100% irresponsible. Sorry to say that.

In response to post #28838444. #28842869, #28844059, #28846004, #28846019 are all replies on the same post.

Oubliette wrote:

So I could keep the game I'm currently modding in .56.1 and move all my other NMM compatible games to the new system.

FireOogle wrote: that's what I shall attempt to do when FO4 comes out ... well assuming beth don't have some super invasive restrict mod manager that must be used or your computer explodes
dogcow wrote: If I could install NMM 0.60 alongside the 0.56 version and then only migrate specific games over to the new setup, gradually, I'd be a lot keener to try out 0.60.
Dark0ne wrote: Just quickly tried to do this and it works absolutely fine. Installed a second copy of NMM to a folder called "Nexus Mod Manager 2" instead of "Nexus Mod Manager". Ensured it used completely different folders in the settings as well (else it'll cause serious issues!) and works like a charm. 2 NMM installs on one PC -- easy!

Bear in mind that you shouldn't use two different copies of NMM to manage the same game; that won't work. But if you wanted to use 0.56 to manage Skyrim and previous games, and 0.60 to manage Fallout 4 and other games, that would work absolutely and perfectly fine.

Glad to hear that. Thank U for instructions.

In response to post #28838444. #28842869, #28844059, #28846004, #28846019, #28846544 are all replies on the same post.

Oubliette wrote:

Dark0ne wrote: Just quickly tried to do this and it works absolutely fine. Installed a second copy of NMM to a folder called "Nexus Mod Manager 2" instead of "Nexus Mod Manager". Ensured it used completely different folders in the settings as well (else it'll cause serious issues!) and works like a charm. 2 NMM installs on one PC -- easy!

Bear in mind that you shouldn't use two different copies of NMM to manage the same game; that won't work. But if you wanted to use 0.56 to manage Skyrim and previous games, and 0.60 to manage Fallout 4 and other games, that would work absolutely and perfectly fine.
Mihey1977 wrote: Glad to hear that. Thank U for instructions.

A couple of mods won't download and has a pop-up box that says, "An exception has occurred in the script." Mainly Daughters of Ares and Fallout Character Overhaul. Other than that, love new look, new buttons, and hard work. Please help and keep up the hard work!