Update on NMM version 0.60 and FAQ

Dark0ne

I downloaded a new mod and when i activated it, i got a red circle with a slash through it rather than a check mark. what does this mean?

That usually means there's a mod that it requires. Go back to the mod page and read everything. It will tell you what the requirements are.

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I don't get it that.. I started fresh. No mods installed. I deleted my InstallInfo before I updated. I made a clean Skyrim\Data folder. This left the mods I have into the NMM Mods tab but all inactivate. So I start activating mods. I have only vanilla game + all DLC addons, SkyUI and iHUD and our new quest mod, and I crash at main menu.

Do I really need to redownload all my mod files, some of which are custom made packages for my own backups?

What I don't get it that.. I started fresh. No mods installed. I deleted my InstallInfo before I updated. I made a clean Skyrim\Data folder. This left the mods I have into the NMM Mods tab but all inactivate. So I start activating mods. I have only vanilla game + all DLC addons, SkyUI and iHUD and our new quest mod, and I crash at main menu.

Do I really need to redownload all my mod files, some of which are custom made packages for my own backups?

If i'm not overly mistaken, you'll need to have SKSE installed in the "Skyrim/Data" folder to have SkyUI and iHUD working. if you have deleted that as well then it may cause your CTD at the mainmenu... i think

First, the update is working fine for me, I have a number of mods, and they were reset with no issues.

Second, apparently, unlike many I understand and appreciate the concept of beta, it is why I am here. I enjoy testing new things and seeing if and how they work, but the rule I learned long ago, and it works fine here, always have a good back up and clean Skyrim save. There have been a number of mods that either did not work for me or I didn't like, so I back track, make notes, and move on. There are a lot of cool looking mods here and I can see where some may be like a kid in a candy store, but know that not every single possible outcome can be anticipated, read the warnings, they are there for a reason. My hat is off to the folks at Nexus, I think you do a bang up job.

So I updated NMM to 0.60 hoping It would not go wrong but now every time I continue my game or load a save on skyrim it comes up with a message saying "some of objects do not exist in this save do you want to continue?" I click yes then it goes to the load screen as normal once it has loaded the game crashes, Now I did install some new mods but I deinstalled and deleted them still doesnt work. Can someone help me please does anyone else have this issue?

In response to post #28849249.

Reaper0021 wrote: I'm going to wait a bit. Tried the new update, and it did completely destroy my game. I, however, am a computer expert if you will and had the forethought to back everything up, so I just reverted back to previous NMM version and re-installed my mods (194) and am rolling on. Yes, cost me a few hours of tinkering but that's what modding is essentially about right? Messing with your game and it's files to achieve something.

So, all in all, love the work you do, but must ask this one question of you all at "Nexus": Why the continued updates to NMM? I am happy to see them but must wonder if it isn't broke...why mess with it? Skyrim is what? 4 years old? I've seen very stable NMM versions yet wonder why the need to continue to attempt improvements to it at all? NOT that I'm against it at all (and I'm a paid supporter of this site so I'm glad to see my investment being utilized by continued improvements) but I'd say, in my own opinion, get a stable and good version of NMM working for Skyrim then leave it be. Seems you'd encounter less headache that way.

don't even really need to install them, I just back up the nexus folder and the game folder, if you put them both back in same positions it continues to work perfectly. (I do the same to move them to a new pc or whatever).

I looked in my Downloads Folder and found version 0.53.2 and installed that after I deleted the 0.60.4 version and now my mods work again and no more crash to desk top when I even try and start the game. I would suggest people who like me have had nothing but trouble after the update to try and load up an older version of NMM from their Downloads Folder.

No death threats or insults from me ... it's just a game. However, when I updated only about two dozen of my 80+ mods actually reinstalled as promised. NMM showed them checked off as installed in the mod list, but all the plugin files were missing. User error or software error??

I seemed to have had more trouble getting updated SKSE to work, but I eventually figured it out.

Anyhow, a new character and a fresh mod list solved the problem ... no worries. One day I'll actually finish a game with a character :)~.

Skyrim crashes right after the Bethesda logo finishes. Even tried to go back a version of NMM and still the same results. Bug tracker is down on the site, so not sure how to report these issues properly.

EDIT: Un/reinstalled my mods, works now.

Edited by Bigred2989

In response to post #28838444. #28842869, #28844059, #28846004 are all replies on the same post.

Oubliette wrote:

You know what might help? Allowing multiple installs of NMM.

So I could keep the game I'm currently modding in .56.1 and move all my other NMM compatible games to the new system.

FireOogle wrote: that's what I shall attempt to do when FO4 comes out ... well assuming beth don't have some super invasive restrict mod manager that must be used or your computer explodes
dogcow wrote: If I could install NMM 0.60 alongside the 0.56 version and then only migrate specific games over to the new setup, gradually, I'd be a lot keener to try out 0.60.

Just quickly tried to do this and it works absolutely fine. Installed a second copy of NMM to a folder called "Nexus Mod Manager 2" instead of "Nexus Mod Manager". Ensured it used completely different folders in the settings as well (else it'll cause serious issues!) and works like a charm. 2 NMM installs on one PC -- easy!

Bear in mind that you shouldn't use two different copies of NMM to manage the same game; that won't work. But if you wanted to use 0.56 to manage Skyrim and previous games, and 0.60 to manage Fallout 4 and other games, that would work absolutely and perfectly fine.

That's brilliant then, that's what I'll try to do. Unless Skyrim keeps giving me the finger on this reinstall and then I'll wipe everything and just go with the new version. Thanks :happy: