Update on NMM version 0.60 and FAQ

Dark0ne

Folks, this is THE dumbest move I've ever seen in modding. The time to make clear that this version is a completely different take on things is NOT after you've uninstalled the old version, so that our only choices are to attempt this revolutionary new approach (and like most revolutions, it miserably failed for me) or uninstall all our mods. At that point, we're screwed either way, and hiding behind "eternal beta" is a cop-out. I was enjoying a heavily modded Fallout 3 replay in anticipation of Fallout 4 and only needed to disable the Unofficial patch to get through the Pitt for an AWOP quest line, but that's now over and with my limited time I just don't have another re-installation in me. With over a hundred mods I'd finish about the time Fallout 4 comes out.

I may well eventually go back and reinstall Fallout 3 and New Vegas to enjoy future mods, but it certainly won't be using Nexus Mod Manager.

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Negative:

My Beautiful Skyrim, my Beautiful Character, are F.U.B.A.R.

Positive:

I've been putting off building my next gen 'SUPER COMPUTER' for a couple of years now, BECAUSE my Skyrim was Beautiful, and my Character was Beautiful.

So, I guess this provides me with the kick in the a$$ I needed to get my project going.

THANKS NMM!!

Well I tried this for the first time and no matter what I did I could not associate any folder with the multi drive install (I don't store my mods on my game drive they are on D drive and my esp esm etc are on C drive) I tried skyrim/data... I tried making my own for the NMMlink and when I clicked next it just kept showing the exclamation box ... so I gave up. I use acronis drive image which came with my WD hard drive. Excellent program just in case something messes up I can be like I was before in about 20 min...

When I get a new HD I partition it. Like, 100 gigs for C drive...OS games progs etc. Then I use the rest for D drive and store all my data on there including acronis drive images. I don't know if anyone else does this anymore. I remember using Fdisk in the old days lol. There have been numerous times I have messed up my game for whatever reason...but acronis saved the day..just a suggestion to guys that lost their games..make a whole partition back up.