Update on NMM version 0.60 and FAQ

Dark0ne

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #29069689.

CaedesAposis wrote: This should have been delayed until Fallout 4 launched.... :/ would have given you two extra months (well, at least one extra month) to have worked on ironing out any last minute bugs and such.

That's exactly what we're doing now...using these 2 months to iron out any last minute bugs before FO4 is released.

Did you read the news post!?

In response to post #29051609. #29069679 is also a reply to the same post.

darkfender666 wrote: May i install 0,60 in another directory while keeping my old 0.5X working in case i have problems? or does launching 0,6X messes up with 0,5X?
CaedesAposis wrote: Honestly I wouldn't touch NMM 60.anything at this point. You're better off keeping your older version of NMM for now, at least until FO4 comes out.

Yes. Simply install 0.60 to another directory, but in doing so, you'll have to start afresh with 0.60 (i.e. you won't be able to use the migration tool from your old 0.56 setup).

In response to post #29058394.

Alwique wrote: It worked for me for the most part. Granted it took a while to reinstall my mods and another hour of troubleshooting but everything is working for me now. I did do a backup of my game folder just in case.

a backup of one's game folder? So RARE these days!

I've got to re-do my Skyrim install anyway, because it's on a Hard Drive that's about to crap out. Good to know I shouldn't mess with anything until I'm ready to go do that.

In response to post #29069689. #29069989 is also a reply to the same post.

CaedesAposis wrote: This should have been delayed until Fallout 4 launched.... :/ would have given you two extra months (well, at least one extra month) to have worked on ironing out any last minute bugs and such.
Dark0ne wrote: That's exactly what we're doing now...using these 2 months to iron out any last minute bugs before FO4 is released.

Yeah, several times in fact. Why?

I'm not quite sure why you felt the need to ask "Did you even read the news post!?" as if to imply you were frustrated because I pointed out an obvious fact. Taking frustrations of that sort out on your subscribers and supporters is highly unprofessional.

At this point however, I am going to cease discussing this topic with you (specifically and your moderation staff), a moderator, as I fear for my accounts safety.

In response to post #29074009.

Gedisee wrote: Do I loose any progress of a questmod when I update?

I doubt it, but I would hesitate to update at this time. If the uninstall/reinstall crashes during the process that questmod you have in might break and thus, you would lose all progress.

So don't update unless you are POSITIVE you understand what you are about to do and at least understand that something might possibly go wrong that would cause you to have to reinstall mods by hand and/or start at scratch and reinstall the whole go.

In response to post #29069689. #29069989, #29076154 are all replies on the same post.

Dark0ne wrote: That's exactly what we're doing now...using these 2 months to iron out any last minute bugs before FO4 is released.

CaedesAposis wrote: Yeah, several times in fact. Why?

I'm not quite sure why you felt the need to ask "Did you even read the news post!?" as if to imply you were frustrated because I pointed out an obvious fact. Taking frustrations of that sort out on your subscribers and supporters is highly unprofessional.

At this point however, I am going to cease discussing this topic with you (specifically and your moderation staff), a moderator, as I fear for my accounts safety.

I ask as the news post specifically answers why it's being released right now, under the question "Why are you doing this now?". Which would imply you hadn't read the news post.

after using NMM 0.5.3 beta decided to upgrade to the new version, all 62 of my Skyrim mods were loaded with NMM 0.5.3 from Nexus website but the new version imported only 6 of them. Shame on the developers... luckily still had the original NMM setup file and when back to using it again, SkyUII was borked, multiple other issues, but spent a couple of hours reading forums posts and fixing them.

TLDR: Updated NMM after years of using the same version, couldn't have gone worse so reinstalled old version. I will still use Nexus for mods but avoiding all future updates to NMM.