Update on NMM version 0.60 and FAQ

Dark0ne

I can see what you want to do with this update and i like the idea but im sorry to say it completley messed up my game. I have over 300 mods and i don't even know what mods are messed up after this change. Reinstalling every single mod, fixing all the settings and recleaning with tes5edit is not something i have the energy to do, so im sorry to say im putting Skyrim down (at least for a while) becouse of this update.

Hope to see you guys again when i get the energy to do a clean install

• Replies 745
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this update is a very good one. It allows you to carefully clean out a lot of un-needed files that have a way of staying hidden or forgotten about. The only issues that I have had so far was expired mods that I refused to get rid of because they where favorites of mine. I first I thought this would be a very hard thing checking all of the files that may have needed updating, but the new NMM made it easy for me, so a big THANK YOU to the guys who made the changes to the manager and gave it to us once again for Free! Sometimes I think the folks at Nexus aren't told thanks enough for the hard work they constantly do for the gamers. Well I for one understand and I thank you all for your constant efforts to run a great web site!

In response to post #28794549. #28794834 is also a reply to the same post.

Faelrin wrote: If I've been okay with 0.60.0.7a, is there any real need to switch (if its been working fine for me)? I did try the new version, the beta, after uninstalling the alpha, but I didn't feel comfortable with the mod activation que thing yet, and uninstalled it and re-installed the version I had been previously using (the one mentioned above). I made sure to uninstall all my mods too before I went and did any of this, and thankfully I didn't have a whole lot installed beforehand so its no big to reinstall them again. I did read the changelog from the new version, and I did see several bug fixes, but I'm not sure if those just pertain to it being merged (not sure if that's the right term) with the previous beta.
Dark0ne wrote: If you were using the Alpha version before this and you install the Beta then, I believe, you do not need to use the migration process (it won't even give you the prompt) and you can literally transition over to the Beta without having to do any extra work.

That is, unless you uninstalled all your mods in the Alpha for some reason. In which case...yes, you'll need to reinstall them!

Thanks for the response. I'll keep that in mind, for when I'm ready to switch. And yes I did uninstall everything, but its alright because I've been doing that a lot recently anyways by trying to figure out what I want for my next Skyrim playthrough.

I know what kind of hard work you did, and all i have to say is " thanks " about it. I respect what you did here. But.. I wish i'd never tried to update. Reading comments here would have saved my day AND my game. My Skyrim was so f****d up that i'm sure Nazeem made a complaint about me.

I launched the update this morning, with a huge headache. I realized what i did, i realized the meaning of clicking " yes " too late. I knew i was going to hell. I spend all my day trying to reinstall and fix my mod collection. Over 200 mods. Over 10 hours. My character's faces changed, in such a ugly way. My game was working, but.. i just couldn't assume to play without the faces i spend so many hours on. In the end, i found a way to get back those faces. But now my saves are kind of... shutdowntraps. So now, i'm going to delete those saves and start new games. That's not a problem at all, as long i have my faces on premades :>.

My apologies for my strange english. Wish you all good luck with the update, and the work to do on it !

Sorry to post this here but I don't seem to be able to use the bug tracker.

I installed version 60.3. I like having the links to LOOT, BOSS, and FNIS built in. And I think I will generally like it when all's done.

Here's what seems to be my current stumbling block: FNIS stops running with "ERROR(76): Could not find a part of the path 'c:\program files (x86)\steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim\Data\meshes\actors\character\character assets female\skeleton_female.hkx"

I looked in my files and saw the folder "character assets" is not included in the folder "character" but when I fix that and run FNIS again I get a different error message referring to the same file in another location. So, I gave up since I really don't know what I'm doing. But that's where I'm currently stopped.

Just thought I'd let you know the status over here. Thanks for the work you're doing.

Can the 0.6 be used concurrently with 0.56? Otherwise, is there an option to "hard install" mods in 0.6 the way it worked in 0.56?

I'm a mod author and hard installing mods like 0.56 NMM has benefits for me while developing mods. At the same time I may need to use 0.6 to make sure my installer is working correctly with it.

FWIW, the conversion for Skyrim went without a hitch, very quickly, with everything left intact. For New Vegas, not so much. It stalled three mods in and after assuring myself that it was doing nothing (using task manager), I had to kill it, come back and try again, yada, yada, long story short, it took four tries to get all of the mods disabled. Enabling them, same thing, over and over, finally had to enable each one individually, and when finally finished, had to re-download a few and completely reset the load order as it had moved .esm files down to the bottom instead of up top where they belong. In short, for Skyrim fine, for New Vegas a CFOEP.

I think it would've been better if you could've somehow made the mod profiling feature optional at the beginning of the install process. I don't know if that would've been practical from your end, and if not then no worries. It's just a thought.

Anyway, keep up the good work with NMM. The program is second to none :-)