Suggestion: "1 pixel wide" warning fix?

Culuf

Could we get a fix for the "1 pixel wide" warning that's visible for the user (picture) submission interface?

Does this not add a ton of work for moderators? I would imagine that it does!

It took me awhile to figure out, and some help from other users, to realize that the region of boyshorts and tank tops are the general accepted parameters.

To remain on the safe side, that is. I read the ToS when I signed up with this account, and I've seen some changes.

I just checked again though, and there is "Judgement of Acceptable Content", which says there is no way to dictate rules that cannot be interpreted differently.

And also "No Nudity", transparency, semi-transparency, string/micro bikinis, visible pubes, etc.

However, that doesn't cover everything. The only safe posts are the boyshorts and tank tops region due to moderator judgement and the right to remove without notice or explanation at any time.

"1 pixel wide" as seen by most users, seems to me to be very off, perhaps an old warning that wasn't updated? I play with pixels in image editing almost every day, one pixel is very very tiny!

So why not change it to something like the No Nudity clause, and/or add in the tanktop/boyshorts region as acceptable?

Wouldn't that cut down on work load? This is just a suggestion, not a complaint against staff!

Edited by Culuf

The warning box on the imsge upload page is a shortened version of the full regulation, as we know that most people would ignore the box entirely if the longer one was posted there.

This is the version found in the site terms of service:

No nudity
Images showing nudity are absolutely prohibited in the normal image share. This rule is applicable to images showing full frontal/rear nudity and partial nudity (uncovered breasts, genitals, buttocks), pictures showing characters wearing extremely revealing outfits (transparent, semi-transparent dresses, string bikinis, micro-bikinis, clothes that leave sensitive areas or pubic hair visible). Rear-view images of topless female characters are tolerated as long as they are tagged as adult and the pose does not expose a full or partial side view of the breasts. Using patches/pasties/butterflies to cover up non-permissible body parts or images showing characters using their hands to cover up otherwise naked body parts are also not acceptable. Environmental objects (e.g. shrubberies) can be used as long as the 'sensitive' areas are sufficiently covered (the same as the cover a standard bikini would offer).

Non-human/beast races that normally wear clothes or are assumed to wear clothes in the in-game world are considered nude if they are not dressed in the uploaded image the same way that a human would be considered nude or inadequately dressed.

To better describe our idea of what images are acceptable in our public Image Share sections (on all Nexus sites) we have created a mockup of a humanoid body with clearly defined acceptable and unacceptable skin exposure boundaries that can be found here.

The actual "1-pixel wide" remark is just a generic term used to explain the use of things like string and micro bikinis, or similiar style outfits that feature a lack of body coverage on characters.

Your clickable link to the picture is invalid. static1.nexusmods.com does not resolve. It needs to change to static-1.nexusmods.com :P