Windows 10 Skyrim/Skyrim SKSE Launcher Crash And Unable To Go Fullscreen

ShayVizla

Hi Everyone,

So i upgraded to windows 10 a couple months ago and eventually noticed that two games on my computer (I'll start with one for now) are having trouble working correctly. The game i'm having the most trouble with is skyrim, i have skse installed but when i open up skyrim skse the game runs but isn't in fullscreen i've tried changing the bfull in skyrimprefs.ini to 1 but that didn't work. The second issue i'm having with skyrim is where i open up skyrim without skse but the launcher crashes on startup. I've tried reinstalling skyrim, changing the bfull in skyrimprefs.ini to 1 as mentioned above, changing my computers display settings, changing the settings in skyrim properties all with no success. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have done a search on the forums for solutions to the problem but found none that would work.

Sincerely,

ShayVizla

Here are the images for the two issues i mentioned above.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/KzDYOi9IF-z52_9ui56UZlrfyKg3Ynu7qxnx_Pc6cVC5KONFDSP7UAEsYitzt3LOS0sl1_5QAJueDMoT_ksarBpKTNzsshzJatUAyJSLJsFFE6x3VjZzZTo_cYiEPGYRYES4UUfbkOakJi5RVFDlGGzHoYvRoiryce8WDmVBFZDR1pDmF_7kA19knTh7S7OsVjh7AXSiwb4o1FPn-AHoMrAYeKKWr-1KLhpAubsTNYMMQnbQT7kXQ9pgtEZWOBCjtTqQFJn50A9NHTGzXd5ewIDGC5chzGo_FdVLHo_nB4cCkIj5VwzoSnj89OsohuOf-jn7FIrLEK24Cjqdeq48CRJRQ9ArFQegitSIlsUGainTyLh5s4HGgk6FFU8gj_Zte5-Pg90zO9cIkclR5sdS3q58kLBRkZfkndPfKuyTYow8kajSGR8RiOkSDpWslcTw0z3nh542PTuOTcN2RTlYcJyI7uJ3Cr6ESNchGNnhn3ulzsozq1A5B0AJfrSemaw-aZMOkcOW1z1N6LMeN8xLsUVTbbIzSM0H9Ln5lyfj7ds=w1212-h681-no

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/SbhuAOxs_8gsqXtha9STpPXm06poHK-_O-11wfeEa80KvK_MPVDdIf0Jr76Fqg0oNr3L_RhFrG9qESAuVMINFzT6380L1h8vELrkfOKKnqYWLtughDbrTTp-RjPWWFOL2vmP1VHo8SbCQeimMsOtBIZBKAqsSoMH5PblKGGXaUVd0_Lfh6TicHk6GvKZEPmLd2XDVDvFyjplqkCveS7GuIyWEOt8UIY3T3Ln5ollRe3wtEfmdlraRMgCv5rjW0gzLQg2hTv3jAplxiG5c7JRH3t9-dtj2DkFH0VnVhoRqgSEB1c74bDYZ6CKQiGJzOJBbtjgO0XOaH3j0neZKQfPhNCuWQFqCs3NHV5gv24S2O2GJb1V_F0yqIwO6OzjJyYo_7ZgAG-J-KGpAsanCRMpN5m6-d8vcIBYVLc6n0v2fLKDoq9_3ckSnH88seTCMiPxUbgDb0Qbn9KxRYW14oi15jR-iclXtdC7HamTrvxg1uTD8LB55aFS-6ygE0CXM-U1jp_CN9CkSCD0kVF-duWT3tCekwks7IhBZke882PD2Lc=w1212-h681-no

Edited by ShayVizla

I'm not sure if 10 has the same issues but I just got Windows 8.1 and it would not run Skyrim, kept getting errors. It had to do with it not letting me put a version of DirectX9 (which Skyrim runs) on the PC. I read that the changes they made to the DirectX made like 11 incompatible with older versions. Looking at the Microsoft page for help leads to a link that they have changed to an install Windows 10 page.

Have you read anything about this issue elsewhere to know if it is the same?

I'm not sure if 10 has the same issues but I just got Windows 8.1 and it would not run Skyrim, kept getting errors. It had to do with it not letting me put a version of DirectX9 (which Skyrim runs) on the PC. I read that the changes they made to the DirectX made like 11 incompatible with older versions. Looking at the Microsoft page for help leads to a link that they have changed to an install Windows 10 page.

Have you read anything about this issue elsewhere to know if it is the same?

Hello Lis,

No i haven't read about this anywhere else.

Hi the lack of fullscreen is a known issue from Window 8 onwards. Since you're using SKSE try the skse plugin One Tweak which usually fixes it.

n.b. I can't view either of those images. Use a dedicated image hosting site such as Imgur in future.

Still having trouble with the steam skyrim launcher crashing. As for the images i am sorry about that, i don't know why i can view the images but others cant.

Hello Shay. If you use the Installer version of SKSE you can place a shortcut on your desktop to launch the game from that and with NMM to sort/handle plugins the Steam launcher is almost redundant.

As to images, they're probably set to private i.e. only yourself and possibly friends can view them.

Edited by soupdragon1234

Hi the lack of fullscreen is a known issue from Window 8 onwards. Since you're using SKSE try the skse plugin One Tweak which usually fixes it.

n.b. I can't view either of those images. Use a dedicated image hosting site such as Imgur in future.

Thanks soup that mod helped fix the issue with skse skyrim. Still having trouble with the steam skyrim launcher crashing. As for the images i am sorry about that, i don't know why i can view the images but others cant.

Edited by ShayVizla

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Nice solution i got here... Me thanks to you

But i just wiped out my skyrim recently because upgrading to windows 8.1

Tesval.dll seems not working on windows 8.1

Gonna try that later after finishing witcher 3 and fallout 4