Best spells to teach followers in Skyrim?

sikiji

I'm using the Ultimate Follower Overhaul, which lets you teach your followers vanilla spells. I was just wondering, what are some good ones to teach followers (spells for dedicated mages and maybe some decent support spells for other classes like warrior/archer builds). I figure when it comes to npc AI, less is more with spells so they don’t go nuts trying to sort through 40 different spells. I heard it’s probably best to avoid aoe spells unless you want to die a lot, and guess something like healing hands would be good to put on just about any follower besides a tank. Anyone have any suggestions?

They have no weight, can't be disarmed, no need to smith, can trap souls, banish summoned daedra. And in the lore, they are in fact lesser daedra shaped like weapons. They are also weapons you summon from another plane, that cool enough. The only con is that they are loud. so no sneaky archers for you!

With the right enchantments and perks, they can be the strongest of their class/type over deadric and dragon weapons.

I'm now using flesh spells and a bound battle axe on an argonain that has histpower, so I don't need potions, smithing or a house to store stuff. This build is sweet for wanderers who hate homes and wish to wore clothing and arcane hobos.

Edited by Boombro

One advice that i can give, dont give them constant spells like flames because the battleground becomes very hard to see through, especially with 3 followers. They cost me XP when im trying to get a kill cos im busy hitting Erandur thinking hes the enemy because my 2 ranged mages are putting walls of fire between everything.

And for the love of the Nine ... NEVER, EVER give a companion an AOE spell! They do more damage to YOU than to any enemy you come across, I've lost count of the times I've been hit by Serana's Ice Storm, spell, or Illia's Fire Ball spell. Even the Greybeards wouldn't have the patience to put up with those two!