⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Where are we at with the redesign?

TheTokenGeek

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I kind of like material design or how about a one page website?

And also how about floating navbar? That might be easier to click when you're at the bottom of the page without having to scroll all the way up.

In response to post #29724645.

Crane92 wrote: I kind of like material design or how about a one page website?

And also how about floating navbar? That might be easier to click when you're at the bottom of the page without having to scroll all the way up.

I agree with lists like the tracking centre for example.

Currently there are only 10 items visible per page and then you have to click tiny buttons to go to the next (1920x1080 widescreen monitor resolution).
Make those (any?) lists like 100-200 items per page and then some button to go back to the top.

My only criticism is for the "recently added" search. I am looking for files that were recently added, not comments, or pictures etc. I am looking to see if mods I use, but don't track were updated or if there is a newer mod I'd like, but missed in a previous search. I have tried to configure for that, but it does not seem to work.

Another filter that would be useful is to filter out/in mods that have been translated to another language.

I'm excited for something like this. The current site is just so unresponsive sometimes compared to other sites. I don't know if that's mostly just server strain or if the site is resource heavy or not optimized. One thing I noticed is that if the mainpage is still loading in Chrome and you click on any interactable (including links) the whole page will refresh for some reason. There's also the problem of the subsections in mod pages taking a while to load, especially for descriptions and comments, but that's probably just the modders going overboard with design. In all, this site is one of the more clunky sites I routinely visit, and so it could definitely use both an aesthetic and technical tune-up.

I feel like a lot of aspects in this site NEED an overwork, certainly. But I see that this will overhaul WAY more than it needs to. There are some amazing and sleek features to this site that function great. They are simple and show me all that I will ever need to see. It's simple, yet not dumbed down in Windows 8/ tablet way. Please remember that some things DO work here. I think a lot of changes can negatively impact modders and users in ways only seen after the updates have come out. I think community discussion with exactly what you want to change will HUGELY benefit everyone. Not every little change needs to be argued, but I'd like to direct your attention to the voting system of the (new) OldScape, Runescape game. It's a place where all users can vote and discuss what changes major things the team wants to bring to the game. It has been hugely successful. The Warframe community as well. This site is home to more than a few people. Rash, "innovative" decisions can easily kill something one loves. This change needs to take time and feedback. I think great things can come from this site. Thank you.

I hope for the best...

But I'm afraid this is going to be a disaster. And right around Fallout 4 time. Ugh. Hope it works.

What makes you think this redesign will be instant? I foresee a prototype for limited testing (alpha) in about 5 to 6 months, and the beta in about 10 months to a year. Things like this actually take time.