Fallout 4 Nexus Site Launched

SirSalami

In response to post #30152945. #30155500, #30159390, #30165290, #30179575 are all replies on the same post.

ravernware wrote: 25% into my FO4 preload. Steam will unlock the game Nov 9 for those who pre-ordered. Awesome. A full day earlier than official release! I am sooo amped. Way to go NEXUS on getting ready!! You are as always great! Oh, and I like the color scheme.
I hope Bethesda releases the CK earlier than they are saying.
JianXintou wrote: Are you sure? Because I'm pretty certain my steam says the game unlocks sometime early on Tuesday. I mean it says Nov. 9th but tha's technically not true if you do the math, 2 days and 17 hours - that makes for roughly 2 AM on Nov 10th.
nehkz wrote: I don't think that's true.

I mean, I hope it is, but I really don't think it'll unlock earlier for people like us that pre-ordered.
hgrunt wrote: for me its 3am November 10
ravernware wrote: copied from steam's FO4 store page:
Bethesda Game Studios, the award-winning creators of Fallout 3 and The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, welcome you to the world of Fallout 4 – their most ambitious game ever, and the next generation of open-world gaming.
Release Date: Nov 9, 2015

Now what time on Nov 9th? Dunno. I'm on the west coast so I shall see come Monday.

It varies based on timezone. It says November 9th for me too but expect it at 11:59 PM on Monday night... or basically the 10th. Nobody gets it early.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Nexus did not get any advance copies to see how to incorporate FO4 into NMM, It may take any where from a few days to weeks before you see an NMM for FO4. That does not mean we will not have any mods though, as we are already seeing uploads, For those addicted to NMM, you are just going to have to bite the bullet and learn to download, unzip, install and activate mods the old fashion manual way until NMM catches up. :cool:

Suggestions on how to get mods until NMM

make a new subfolder in your downloads folder just for FO4 mods and always download them there

For each mod you download, make a subfolder in the FO4 subfolder for that mod and move the zipped download there - then use an unzipping tool like the absolutely FREE 7-zip to unzip it there.

Get 7-zip here: (Winzip, winRar and other unzipping products will work also, but only 7-zip is absolutely FREE with no advertising, nag screens or garbageware included)

READ any documentation included with the file - that will tel you where to copy (do not move them) the mod files

If it works like other Beth Games, there will be a Data folder in the game to put mods into

Then the game start menu will (hopefully) have a data selection to activate the mod

You may have to make a change in the ini file to allow mods ( Skyrim needed this, but Oblivion did not)

This may sound like a lot of work just to get a mod, but you will appreciate NMM a lot more after seeing how we used to do it. :thumbsup:

In response to post #30196505. #30198895 is also a reply to the same post.

HoodoomanUK wrote: I had a dream - I was in a strange version of Goodsprings, and was facing a horde of angry tumbleweeds. My question is this, should I avoid Fallout of any description for a while, or just reduce my medication?
Spaceduck90 wrote: none of the above

I'm sure it will pass when you get your fix here on release.

In response to post #30196505. #30198895, #30201955 are all replies on the same post.

HoodoomanUK wrote: I had a dream - I was in a strange version of Goodsprings, and was facing a horde of angry tumbleweeds. My question is this, should I avoid Fallout of any description for a while, or just reduce my medication?
Spaceduck90 wrote: none of the above
Tigon_3rd wrote: I'm sure it will pass when you get your fix here on release.

Increase your medication and watch Mad Max. =P