Boombro

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

really? No:

CENTERD THIRD PERSON CAMERA

on said list? REALLY?

That should be listed near the top, if NOT directly at the top in spot 1, as most requested/wanted/etc judging from previous fallout(and skyrim)

Nope, wasn't on the list because only you want it so no more yelling :laugh: Just kidding around with you. I know a lot of people always ask for this, I don't, but I know others do.

Currently the only thing I really want is a mod to make the horribly large text smaller and contain more options within vendor menus and the pipboy. Also a UI that isn't stretched on 21:9 resolutions would be awesome.

Edited by NiteX

Ok, well, I'll post it here seeing as no-one else will.

Nude Mod = Better quality meshes and or textures for both male and female characters / npc's.

Underwear/Lingerie mod = Better quality meshes and or textures for both male and female characters / npc's.

Why is everyone afraid to ask or suggest this? On the top sites on the Nexus Network (having the most number of files uploaded) on the First Page of each and every one of them under the "Top Files" category is ... A Nude mod of some description.

It's not like it's a secret or anything that players want this type of mod.

Ok, well, I'll post it here seeing as no-one else will.

Nude Mod = Better quality meshes and or textures for both male and female characters / npc's.

Underwear/Lingerie mod = Better quality meshes and or textures for both male and female characters / npc's.

Why is everyone afraid to ask or suggest this? On the top sites on the Nexus Network (having the most number of files uploaded) on the First Page of each and every one of them under the "Top Files" category is ... A Nude mod of some description.

It's not like it's a secret or anything that players want this type of mod.

I did suggest this.

One of the first things I tried to do was have my char light up a cigar and honestly I was surprised I wasn't able to. Pretty minor, but something I'd definitely like to have.

Also need a Spawn increaser or similar martigens like mod.

Apologize if it has not been mentioned before but WE NEED THE FOLLOWING MOD:

Mod Name: Advanced Rifle and Handgun Weapon Modification - Build your own weapons from scratch

What would this mod solve for: Currently, Projectile & Energy Weapons are modified in-game using a complete weapon as a BASE to start modification. This presents a very fundamental flaw in the weapon modification system in Fallout 4 as you cannot break down a weapon and have RAW MATERIALS + any modifications currently on the weapon as separate items. See the following issues this mod would solve for:

=== Issue 1: Wasted Resources/Need of placeholder mods ===

GUN 1: You have a 10mm Handgun with a Long Barrel and a Silencer.

GUN 2:You also have another 10mm Handgun but with Glow Sights and Comfortable Grip.

In the current system, in order to move the mods from GUN 2 to GUN 1 you must:

1) Build a 'STOCK' grip in order to un-equip the Comfortable Grip from GUN 1 as you cannot have a complete gun without a grip

2) Build a 'NORMAL' sight to un-equip the Glow Sights as you cannot have a complete gun without sights

3) Once you have built the 'stock' pieces and unloaded the mods from GUN 2, you would then un-equip the 'STOCK' parts from GUN 1 and apply the mods from GUN 2

4) You end up with 'PLACEHOLDER' mods to be able to switch things around

This is extremely frustrating as you have to waste some hard to find resources to build these placeholder MODS. This only increases in complexity and resource waste when the mods you want for a specific weapon are spread over 3 or 4 weapons of the same kind. You will then have to build several placeholder pieces to transfer everything to one weapon.

THIS IS A MAJOR DESIGN FLAW in the Weapon Mod Dynamic for Fallout 4. And it's annoying as hell when you have the mods you want on several guns but you can't consolidate them on one weapon because you don't have enough materials to build the stock/standard/normal 'MOD' placeholders to switch them around.

=== Example 2: Upgraded Receiver/Caliber MOD redundancy ===

For rifles/assault rifles, there is a mod to change the caliber of the weapon, practically making it a completely different gun. Due to ISSUE 1, you have the following redundancies:

1) Why change the caliber of a .45 rifle to a .308 when you can find a .308 rifle and mod that instead?

2) Mods from a .45 caliber converted to .308 are not compatible with .308 rifles.

This is another design flaw and creates unnecessary complexity when modding weapons.

Proposed Solution/What would this mod do: This MOD would change the BASE of a weapon to start modding from. Instead of modding from a 'complete gun' this would be changed to a FRAME (for hand guns) or RECEIVER (for rifles) as a base instead. Basically, this will work like in real life as you will actually BUILD a weapon from scratch, NOT JUST MOD.

The logic of this MOD would be the following:

- The BASE of a weapon is a FRAME or RECEIVER, not a complete gun. (Example: you can cannibalize weapons and break down weapons in actual weapon parts instead of weapon MODS)

*For Rifles: The CALIBER of the RECEIVER will determine the modifications available for that particular caliber.

*For Handguns: The FRAME will determine the type of handgun you are going to build. BARREL MODS will determine the caliber of the gun. CALIBER restrictions would be determined by the FRAME type. For example, you cannot have a 10mm revolver or a .44 mag semi-auto handgun.

- Certain mods should be interchangeable between similar weapons. Sights and stocks for similar weapons, e.i. assault rifles, hunting rifles.

- A weapon will not be able to fire unless it has the most basic components: FRAME/RECEIVER, BARREL, STOCK & MAGAZINE. If a weapon does not have a sight installed it would suffer a considerable penalty on the ACCURACY attribute on the weapon.

- A weapon missing one of the basic components (FRAME/RECEIVER, BARREL, STOCK or MAGAZINE) will not be able to be equipped.

This mod is not intended to add new weapons or weapon models, simply fix the weapon modification disparity. (I can tell whoever designed the weapon modification system in Fallout 4 either has never built a weapon from scratch before or noticed this design flaw way to late to do something about it).

This mod should also make the following things really easy:

- Adding new weapons into Fallout 4 based on real models would be very simple. For example, when building a mod for a H&K USP to work with this mod, the modder will create the objects for the basic components of a real H&K USP: the FRAME (H&K USP FRAME), a .45 ACP BARREL object, a .40 BARREL object, a 9mm BARREL object (.40 and 9mm using the same 3D model as the .45 ACP barrel is longer), MAGAZINE, and a GRIP.

- Whats cool about this is that someone could then build a MOD adding MODS for this specific H&K USP mod: tactical light, long magazines, grips, sights, etc.

- Weapon building and modding would be expanded greatly with less complexity and redundancy.

I think this is worth doing at least with the pre-war weapons. Junk weapons should remain the same. This mod could then be expanded to include energy weapons.

THE GOOD:

The BASIC code to change this around shouldn't be too hard to modify since the logic is already coded there, all that needs to be changed is the basic objects.

THE BAD:

I do not know how feasible this might be until we can see the weapon properties in the new GECK. Still, im confident this mod CAN be built with existing resources and minimal coding if the weapon attributes in the GECK are explicit enough.

REGARDLESS, this is something I would even donate money for. We all need this!