Mods that everyone wants: mega list

Boombro

Doubt anyone cares about this list. Best bet is to learn how to and go make your own mods :smile:

Considering the GECK probably won't be released until April, I can't really do that at the moment, now can I? Thanks for the vote of confidence, it's any wonder creativity can sprout with attitudes like that.

Edited by akarui_itchi

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Doubt anyone cares about this list. Best bet is to learn how to and go make your own mods :smile:

Considering the GECK probably won't be released until April, I can't really do that at the moment, now can I? Thanks for the vote of confidence, it's any wonder creativity can sprout with attitudes like that.

FO4Edit is just as useful to make mods as GECK. You can learn to make stuff fairly easy, and then you'll want to continue learning once you start understanding.

Power Armor

-Ricochet perk built into Power Armor but on a minor scale like 5-10%

-Alternative variations (obvious on here but needs to be stated) I.E. Master Chief, Space Marine (Both Warhammer 40k and Starcraft) but also original ones, was thinking maybe a thinner less bulky version so it doesn't impede third person camera aiming with the shoulder pads

-Sparks and/or damage decals on hit

-Cracks in Visor when in first person at certain damage thresholds

Third Person gameplay

-Camera script mod in game (like Absolute Camera mod for Witcher 3) Also with scripts to trigger on various events such as power armor,exploration and third person combat all getting different presets.

--Cover animation system (animations are in the game as is since the AI routinely uses em, just need a script to trigger it on aiming when next to a wall/cover)

-Camera hotkey for switching over shoulders

-More blood decals on player character that last longer (such as until you rest in a bed) With a cleanliness system, possibly spawning more A.I. wild dogs to chase after you due to the smell of blood and sweat.

Immersion

-Death alternative mod to coincide with Survival difficulty overall, giving players a greater incentive to run away from fights (i.e. you get 50%+ of your caps and ammo stores stolen from you and wake up in a dungeon)

-Eating and Drinking animations to go with new Survival Difficulty

-Greater Enemy Spawns at night to give players incentive to bunker down come sundown

-Have a certain number of favourited weapons appear on your character at all times

-HDT Physics on weapons from previous bullet point (think HDT Equipment and Equipment Overhaul mods from Skyrim)

-Crouching and interaction animations when looting bodies

-Crippled limbs need to be healed with bandages (already a mod, but thinking an improvement would be bandages physically being on your character)

-Hot and cold being factored in (environment overhaul needed for this one) with hot=greater increase of thirst throught sweat, cold=poorer aim and reduced AP)

-(continued) have large amounts of gear/power armor add to you sweat factor depending on location, with dives in irradiated water offering a cooldown or reset of said value.

Overall Gameplay

-Faster reset on weapon bash timer (So you can not necessarily spam the rifle butt ability but use it more frequently)

-Melee combat with combo system (Think the two animations for most melee attacks sped up ending with a power attack animation at 1/2 damage of a actual power attack)

-Faster melee combat

-Duel wielding (Melee offhand ranged weapon right hand for example)

-More of the alternative melee attacks mixed in with greater frequency (think the combo rifle bash, body slam and so on, possibly as part of a melee combo)

-Removal of enemy limbs with bleed out timer (like with ghouls but on raiders and have them still moving, possible commit suicide with grenade a last ditch effort to finish you.)

-Knockdown on Pain Train perk trigger coupled with a curb stomp

-Secondary weapon system where instead of selecting weapon from favourite menu then switching, having a pistol on standby so when you tape a key twice it brings out your side-arm

-Better looking armour overall (Think more detail, less bulk, great example would be the heavy leather legs, too bulky)

-Heavy combat boots like for slooty male vault suit but with more height to them.

-A lot of Fallout New Vegas and Fallout 3 armour and armour mods to be updated and transfered into this game (think gas masks, sadist armor, power gangers etc. etc.)

-New enemy types (Power armor raider squads, suicidal raiders, "civilized ghouls" with guns.)

I know a lot of these are very daunting and I have no right to demand them, Just thought I'd toss these ideas out there for inspiration and to create a dialogue between mod authors and players alike, cheers!

FO4Edit is just as useful to make mods as GECK. You can learn to make stuff fairly easy, and then you'll want to continue learning once you start understanding.

Thank you for the info, I didn't know FO4Edit existed. I've played around with the Source engine and mapping with Hammer before, so it's not too foreign. It just seems like things are a little unstable with new patches breaking pre-GECK mods, or is that always the case when a new update is released? I guess the reason I even posted here in the first place is that I wanted to see if this thread was active still. The other reason is that I know someone far more capable than I can quickly develop an idea, and probably execute the final product with more precision than someone like me, who is a total n00b at modding Fallout.

• 4 weeks later...

How about a recreation of the Familiar Faces mod from Skyrim that basically allowed you to bring your characters from other saves to the current save and allows you to either make them your companion or enemy, making the game feel more like one universe! That would be amazing since I got a bunch of characters that I feel should have a more connected backstory.

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like more magazines, lockable doors where NPC's can't mess with your prized loot, new quests, new land masses, videos to watch on the TV, new NPC's with new dialogue (since modders can't really harness the voice actors like Piper, Nick, Deacon, etc)

Plus I'd like for the sole survivor to actually be able to lay down and wait (camera looks at ceiling) no collision detection on the pillows, blankets / sheets for the bed, possibly utilize the combat zone for a fighting quests, a mechanic to shoot a basketball into the basketball hoop (besides the junk jet lol) and other things I can't think of right now.

OH! I just thought of one...."your" character from Fallout 3, that destroyed Liberty Prime lol...

Edited by MichaelEpic