-Mod Wishlist- (what would "you" like to see in f4 ?)

Nero1n

Agree with a lot of what has been said, to recap and add:

1. UI mods, specifically Darn and iHud (which Gopher has confirmed he will be working on once the sufficient tools are ready)

2. Bullet Time - IMO an essential alternative to VATS, I often don't feel like using VATS

3. Ammo crafting/ammo types: I agree with whomever said he doesn't understand why this wasn't already part of the base game - having the ammo types of say, something like CASE with a second option at the weapons workbench to craft new ammo would be great

4. Improved ballistics and physics mods

5. Retextures

6. More base weapons - maybe I'm a bit of an armament hoarder but I like having lots of variety, I'd also like having certain weapons from previous games again, e.g. AMR, Pulse Rifle, old school Gauss Rifle, LMG, more shotguns

7. Better weapon sounds - a lot of the times I feel the base sounds lack a certain oomph

8. Enhanced Camera Mod - because it's nice having legs and actually seeing your own body when you look down

9. Quest Mods - things along the line of New Vegas Bounties, stuff that makes you come back to the game

10. More Perks - something that is never a bad idea, I hope this new system as opposed to the old list + image won't make it too hard to implement them.

Edited by JianXintou

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

UI improvements so you can tell the difference between discovered, undiscovered, and cleared map areas on your compass. It's very ambiguous right now Wait, I figured this one out.

Also when you hover over an item it should pop up a list of what base materials it breaks down into, and in your menu it should show you a compiled list of available base materials so I don't have to hunt through each junk item looking for what gives me friggin' screws.

Hardcore mode with eating/drinking/sleeping and rebalanced health so enemies don't become colossal sponges.

NUDES.

Edited by LegendaryVegan

Wow. People are piling big lists in. SO I won't bother listing all I want. Just a top two or three (major areas) to keep it brief and focused on what I see as most important.

1st Proper settlement / crafting managment.

The game prrovides NO means for player to know which settler has been assigned to a specific task. Further no means to

see if a settler is currently assigned to anything at all.

2nd Crafting management. The entire means one has to employ to salvage vast quantities of JUNK one hauls in from the world

is a total sick sad joke. Sureliy this could be made more liveable.

On PC, while using KB/Mouse , placing crafted items is a huge PITAS, getting them to snap as needed is a total cluster frack.

Getting the item rotated smoothly with the mouse buttons (as can be done fairly well using controller) is a exercise in frustration.

I know this can be done better, I've seen better in other recent games with such a snap in place system.

Why can't I dump all that stuff in a dumpster near the salvage station and have the assigned settler(s) set to

the salvage station do that for me (for a role play version mod) OR why not a means I could do same but have a giant

red button on the dumpster that does the same for me manually. Push thiis to melt button, or just do it direct from Junk

inventory on character.

More and cleaner looking choices to be had on contructing the settlement. More walls that don't look like total raider garbage!

Last on my short list

Darker night skies and horizon night glow. I dont' want pitch black nights but the games deep night hours, say after 10pm to around

3am should be far darker.

I know the first two probably can't happen for many months due to lack of the toolset. The last I could see happening

as I slowly type this up.

Top priority:

1) Broken keybinding

2) Broken UI, including

3) De-consolize the dialogue system

That's actually like the top 20, because there are like 7 or 8 keybinding problems and 10 or 12 separate UI problems.

After that, in no particular order:

I like the idea of invisible helmets, at least during conversations.

I like the idea of Dogmeat as a feral cheetah or a cougar, with different animations and sounds. Ever so slightly story breaking. Dogmeat is cool, though, except when he whines or spends 80% of his time exactly in my way.

The construction system will hopefully have many improvements, because it is just sadly inadequate. An actual interface for managing towns and trade routes. Settlers with actual names.

A Greener World. Seriously, it's raining or foggy like half the time, why is everything dry and brown? I know, it's Fallout - screw that, this would be a green place. It's freaking Massachusetts.

Lots of bugfixes. Lots. Hundreds. Maybe thousands.

Better storage. Someone mentioned a dumpster for resources like inventory junk. I would like a weapon rack that's buildable in your player house (or wherever you can build) that shows actual weapons stored on it, like in the pre-menu animation.

Alternate start mod. World seems kind of depopulated. I hope someone opens up the buildings in Carson and you could start rebuilding *that* place and moving settlers in.

Ability to clean up trash like piles of leaves and broken boards in your house. Better variety in construction, from structures to furniture. The ability to fix swiss cheese walls and roofs in houses, even if it's just tacking corrugated sheet metal over the holes. It doesn't have to be pretty, but I would not live in a house full of holes *in Boston* when I have tons of spare material.

They may actually have a vault you can move settlers into, I am now founding a city of swiss cheese houses a stone's throw from an unoccupied vault. Because tato.

I believe that it would be good if we could loot fusion cores off of dead enemies in Power Armor. I also think it would be great to take their Power Armor Frame (I guess that's what it's called) off of them too.

This is my wish list.

1. (This is not so hard i think) Be able to change the voice tone of a character just the voice tone not the complete voice

2. A global body texture, we all had that problem like "Oh i like this armor ohhh wait is UNB and i use CBBE and it looks weird on my character"

3. More power armor addons

4. No building restriction

5. More building options like brotherhood style and institute style too (The building have quit big amount of pieces right now, but i would like to see gates like Diamond city and taller walls and some improved defenses or something which can accommodate to a character theme)

6. a better controlled building system, in skyrim i really get comfortable of how Jaxonz position works, it was smooth and good the actual one is a little hard to place a wall where is supposed to be inside

6.1 Whit that said i would like a better management of how building restrictions works whit walls is hard to make corners due how FO4 detects what is colliding whit the wall and how the wall is getting placed

7. More Weapons and modifications

8. Control the outfit and weapons for the settlements, i want this because i like to get all the settlements be able to defend but i need to talk whit each settler and give him a weapon and some ammo i would like to see an option to manage outfit and weapons may be something like a list of each settler

8.1 independent randomly generated names for settlers (no need to explain)

9 Better sieges. Sieges right now are good and give you a small challenge but i would like to see an exponential increase of the siege numbers per defense point of the settlement

10. More combats around the World, Something like immersive patrols

11. Mission system, be able to send some Settlers to Missions which gives generous amount of oil, gears, steel, wood, caps or general supply

EDIT: SMOKE MOD you can see all the damm NPC smoke but you cant do it

Edited by Thegenosss

All I want is an auto scrapper. You put your junk it in, the materials come out of it. My workbench full of junk sets my OCD off and when you use a piece of junk to make something, it uses the pieces needed for the item your making and the rest of it disappears. That bugs the hell out of me. So say I need something that uses a gear and the game lets me use a golden watch I picked up, it uses the gear from the watch but the gold disappears forever. It's such a waste...