co-op mod

ThermoBall

This kind of mod has been trying to get made since FO3 for pretty much every open-world RPG Bethesda game since and has never been perfected... so this is very unlikely (not that I'm opposed to it).

It's been done for Skyrim and I can vouch for it: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/67038/?

It works great there and Fallout 4 is an improved engine of the Skyrim engine so it should actually be easier now.

• 1 month later...

There is an Elderscrolls MMO and there has been much talk of a Fallout MMO, beyond the Interplay issues a few years ago.

Because of this, I am assuming Bethesda will not be implementing any form of multiplayer in Fallout 4.

However, it is the Entertainment Software Industry, stupider things have happened, like people still buying EAs p*** a** excuse for an American Football game. So you never know.

Take care,

• 1 year later...

It would bew great if is would work on a LAN even. That way me and my wife and daughter could play together. We all play now and the idea of us buildng and working together in the same RPG world would be a lot of fun. I am not big on the Steam games that play through the net but on the LAN would not be so hard. We play Dying light over the LAN here. I would pay for that kind of MOD :)

• 2 months later...

+1 for this mod.

-1 for the Fallout MMO, I think THAT would destroy the Fallout gameplay.

Unlike Skyrim, Fallout is an "almost solo" game, you have companions but they're almost useless.

In Skyrim you're OP, you can do anything. Having 2 or more people playing together wouldn't add any advantage, unless you play as a MMORPG with classes (so one use magic, the other one uses weapons).

In Fallout playing with one or two friends instead would be awesome. You haven't any space for classes (you can have a melee and a ranged character though), you can use tactics like outflank enemies or taking one down before others.

You arent' a superhero like in Skyrim that can do almost anything, here you are a simple person with some abilities.

It would be awesome. I hope someone try his best to do this mod.

Even IF this happens, it won't happen on PS4 so no idea why you'd imagine you could get it there.

And Fallout is a single player experience, that is why it's not turned into a co-op. Beth's already making the game feel skeletal, no need to divert even more resources from actual development towards bullshit features.

Even IF this happens, it won't happen on PS4 so no idea why you'd imagine you could get it there.

And Fallout is a single player experience, that is why it's not turned into a co-op. Beth's already making the game feel skeletal, no need to divert even more resources from actual development towards bulls*** features.

Much as I would REALLY enjoy a coop experience, Ethreon hit the nail on the head. Bethesda needs to devote more resources to refining the single player experience of their games before they start throwing them at any sort of multiplayer. Would be awesome to see it as a mod though, it may even be possible to port some of the Skyrim progress to Fallout 4 since they use the same base.

And Fallout is a single player experience, that is why it's not turned into a co-op. Beth's already making the game feel skeletal, no need to divert even more resources from actual development towards bulls*** features.

Much as I would REALLY enjoy a coop experience, Ethreon hit the nail on the head. Bethesda needs to devote more resources to refining the single player experience of their games before they start throwing them at any sort of multiplayer. Would be awesome to see it as a mod though, it may even be possible to port some of the Skyrim progress to Fallout 4 since they use the same base.

I don't know what you need more in Skyrim or Fallout 4 (more immersion?), but we are in the mod forum section under a site for pc mod.

I didn't read the "PS4" word of the first post, but we are talking about a mod. I know that Bethesda won't ever make Fallout multiplayer, but mod is the way.

Rather than make Fallout 3 or NV multiplayer, I prefer a coop (even just via lan) for the 4...

Pretty sure Ethreon and I are both referring to the quality of content in Bethesda's games, not the quantity. If you really pay attention you'll notice a lot of cut corners, and their writing leaves plenty to be desired. I won't get into it because it's off topic for this thread, but you can find plenty of examples of things that could have been done better with a little forethought.

Don't get me wrong, I love Beth's games for the freedom they allow, both in gameplay and modability, I just know they could be so much more, and that makes me a little sad.

Edited by jkruse05