Who are you voting for?

kvnchrist

I read an article today, that claimed that for each 'illegal' worker, it created 1.2 jobs for 'american' workers...... it also went on to claim that exporting all the illegals would devastate the agricultural industry, and cause the price of food to skyrocket, etc. All sorts of gloom and doom predictions, pointing out that illegal (low wage) workers, were the salvation of our economy......

Granted, the migrant workers do a fair bit of work that I sure wouldn't want to do..... (harvesting watermelon, anyone?) But, does that imply that ALL migrant workers are illegals? I would hope not......

I'm calling BS on that article.

The agricultural industry can simply hire legal guest workers. Also, necessity is the mother of invention. More automated methods for machines to pick crops would become developed. The later would create jobs in the tech sector instead of creating jobs in the fields.

I did farm work when I was a teenager. It pays better than retail or food service jobs. I was making $8/hr doing farm work in the 90s when I was a teen. Its hard work, but its cash money in had, and for a teenager with no bills to pay, its 100% disposable income. Youth used to do these kinds of jobs before massive quantities of migrant workers came available. Most youth in the USA are too lazy to do farm work.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At this point doesn't seem like it matters who the hell you support in the GOP field. Looks like the Republican party is stuck with Trump even if you can't stand him. :D

The same could be said of the Democrats and Billary. Good thing that orange suits her....

Ironic you are saying orange suits Clinton when Trump is the the one with a perpetual orange complexion. :D
Clinton has yet to have been even indicted for anything yet people still rave about her being some criminal who should be put in jail. At best the only real thing people can really say about Clinton is she isn't completely honest about things which amounts to squat in politics when no one is honest about anything.
Speaking of honesty lets take a hard look at the current GOP front runner. Trump isn't completely honest about anything yet his supporters don't care and duped into his talking points. A man claiming he can get a wall built and make mexico pay for it, advocating to ban certain religious people from entering the US, Here is a man who is delusional about seeing thousands and thousands of Muslims celebrating on the streets in New York after the twin towns fell... I could go on and on but think you get the picture.
Trump has no solid policy plans laid out other then to just "trust him" some how electing him magically things will get done. Sure, elect Donald Trump because some how just electing him will make America great "again" as if America is such a horrible place to begin with. :D
His entire campaign is based on his poll numbers and how much he is winning. The republican party has been duped by a billionaire real estate mogul who isn't even really conservative. :D
Think the Republican party deserves Trump. In my opinion the man represents all the negative things about our nation.
Edited by colourwheel

At this point doesn't seem like it matters who the hell you support in the GOP field. Looks like the Republican party is stuck with Trump even if you can't stand him. :D

The same could be said of the Democrats and Billary. Good thing that orange suits her....

Ironic you are saying orange suits Clinton when Trump is the the one with a perpetual orange complexion. :D
Clinton has yet to have been even indicted for anything yet people still rave about her being some criminal who should be put in jail. At best the only real thing people can really say about Clinton is she isn't completely honest about things which amounts to squat in politics when no one is honest about anything.
Speaking of honesty lets take a hard look at the current GOP front runner. Trump isn't completely honest about anything yet his supporters don't care and duped into his talking points. A man claiming he can get a wall built and make mexico pay for it, advocating to ban certain religious people from entering the US, Here is a man who is delusional about seeing thousands and thousands of Muslims celebrating on the streets in New York after the twin towns fell... I could go on and on but think you get the picture.
Trump has no solid policy plans laid out other then to just "trust him" some how electing him magically things will get done. Sure, elect Donald Trump because some how just electing him will make America great "again" as if America is such a horrible place to begin with. :D
His entire campaign is based on his poll numbers and how much he is winning. The republican party has been duped by a billionaire real estate mogul who isn't even really conservative. :D
Think the Republican party deserves Trump. In my opinion the man represents all the negative things about our nation.

Nice diversionary tactics which doesn't deal with the elephant in the room.. Hillary's emails, private server, deleting federal records and risking exposing classified information.... which is what will eventually give her an orange jumpsuit. The concept of veracity and Hillary Clinton are antithetical to each other. Hillary does like that style so I hope she likes the new color. The amusingly droll part of Hillary's predicament, is that it's all self inflicted. FYI I'm not a Trump supporter....swing and a miss.

Hillary's emails, private server and risking exposing classified information.... which is what will eventually give her an orange jumpsuit.

This type of talking point has been spewed for years about Clinton. She ever been even indicted for anything? the Answer is no. But keep saying it in your mind if it makes you feel better that she will be. :D

FYI I'm not a Trump supporter....swing and a miss.

Well we have something in common then, I am not a Trump supporter either. :D

Only a duped fool would Vote for Trump in my opinion.

@Colorwheel

Since this is election season and repartee between us is inevitable, lets not progressively quote each other so that one of our posts consumes an entire page. OK?

You feel that Hillary is still Teflon, I do not..time will tell which of us is proved correct. At least 1,730 Clinton emails have been verified to contain classified information by Lynch's DOJ (an Obama appointee)...a bit more problematic than her deletion of 30k emails that she purported were yoga class, wedding plan reminders.

Your opinion of Trump is no different from how you have characterized most conservative candidates prior to this. In common? I doubt it, my misgivings with Trump are pragmatic and constitutional.

I may as well vote for me. I will speak without a written script, to just find out how a crowd will respond. Throwing rotten fruits and vegetables at me would be a negative. As long they don't toss rotten eggs from any egg baring creature I could live with yucky mess.

If they like me?! We can all go out and have a dance contest for donations. Travel around world using the donations to pay all the debts we have at their banks on our loans,so, then the people of the USA can start earning a good living again.

No such thing as an 'honest politician'. They are as mythical as dragons, and unicorns. They ALL lie, cheat, steal. Not a single one has any honor left at all. Why aren't they all in prison? Because they have the money to spend on good lawyers that do NOT prove their innocence, (simply because they are NOT innocent.) they just manage to drag things out for years on minor technical issues. It's a tactic that has worked well for decades. Why should today be any different?

I don't support ANY of the current crop of candidates. I haven't for years. I don't vote FOR a candidate, I vote AGAINST the other guys. There hasn't been a presidential candidate that I actually wanted to vote FOR in quite some time. (forever?)

Politics in the US has become a business. Get elected, stay in office, bilk the taxpayers for as much as you can, make sure your special interests are taken care of, as they are the money men that keep you in office. Our government has sold us down the river. Doesn't matter what party they come from. They are ALL crooks.

H'mm 19th century political satirist engaging in the art of excess , wherein anything goes , anything can be said and a 21st century nominee candidate (Trump) engaging in exactly that , (Has literally said he could kill someone and still get elected) . Thats not a bit off topic , thats bang on. Wow got blindsided by 19th century wit , didn't see that coming. Who knew Trump could time travel to receive instruction at the feet of the master.

Brilliant find , I'm impressed.