Who are you voting for?

kvnchrist

Fair enough. I just know from some friends who married foreigners that there is a bunch of things they go through and it takes a stupidly long time. It takes a stupidly long time to get a passport. I just did know if you had a plan for the time the government takes to do these things. I say with that 365 day notice there would need to be a massive promotional-type drive to make sure the message is well out there.

Perhaps your idea would create some jobs?

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All very practical and while we are on the subject; the Syrian Refuges in Montana, who were sent here, let in by the Obama Administration, are hungry. I've seen how much harder they will work to avoid going back and they were welcomed here. The Mexican, Mestizos, and Afro/Mexican Americans workers are illegals, and they are lazy compared to the Syrian hoards. We likely will see a change in the voices in protest once they begin to realize the competition for work is now after the Mex, Mestizos, and my old Platoon Commanders famous title, Afro/Mexican American jobs.

I had no idea how the locals thought about illegals until the news showed the small towns people voicing their opinions. They wanted to make sure none of the refuges got anything free, no foodstamps, no supplimental income, nothing. They were were as upset as I was when I was trying to get a job as a farm hand. I wasn't aware of the fact they had illegals, I was just upset because it was the only work I knew how to do at the time.

It took me six years to become a U.S. citizen. The process is painfully slow, but that was because I could barely speak English and I couldn't read or write it. My family came as legal aliens seeking residence and that process took less than a month. We were seeking asylum from Sudan because Bashir's Arabs were murdering Black Africans and Sudanese Christians so we were allowed to stay, but we didn't receive special treatment from Immigration. It was all very 'matter of fact' to them.

365 days is enough notice. New applicants would be advised then and existing receivers would be notified by mail. They must have a permanent address to receive aid anyway. Notices could also be posted in county hospitals and other government funded facilities. And I doubt it would be a secret considering how the liberal media and Spanish language networks would react.

On a local scale controlling illegal immigration would create American jobs by default. The contracting work for Trump's wall would create jobs, increase infrastructure and boost local economies. Access roads would have to be built and power lines ran. The work force would eat at local restaurants, buy things at local stores and stay in nearby motels. Depending on what is already there, the border patrol would have to have permanent substations along the border and that would require long term housing for them. Since the wall would be permanent then so would anything needed to support it. American border towns would grow to accommodate all of this.

One thing that would need to be avoided is creating more government jobs to deal with the bureaucracy of reformed immigration. I would use existing departments and re-purpose them if I had to.

The big benefit liberals fail to see in immigration reform is getting illegal aliens into the American system. Primarily they would receive at least minimum wage and politicians wouldn't be able to use them as a football. Unscrupulous employers wouldn't be able to take advantage of them and they wouldn't have to hide from authorities. Second class 'citizens' would be a thing of the past. They would get equal pay and the real migrant workers would earn American standard wages and receive equal protection under the law.

Edited by WursWaldo

A wind breaker isn't always bad thing. A wall is not always a good thing. I could write some text on a wall, I could use the trees used for a wind breaker to make paper to write on. I could fold the paper with the note so it was little airplane then send it sailing. I could hope that it would fly over the wall between you and me. Only the wind will ever know if anyone ever reads it. Only the wind will see my writing on the wall.

Only a crowd will be there looking at the high wall. Sitting there in their mental diapers; waiting for food, staring at the wall so wondrous, not even wondering why the wall is there. That is; if the wall doesn't create climate change, make the crop growing lands we get our food from a, "Wasteland".

The Starvation Wall!

To all living thinking beings it would become known as another Sphinx, a mystery to solve.

Old guard establishment Republicans are starting to confuse me. Earlier this month there was meeting of Republican governors in Washington. At that time they stepped in line with Mitch McConnell, the has-been Karl Rove and a small army of other conservative elites to put a stop to Trump's candidacy. They are planning all sorts of dirty tricks, like having Republican super packs fund slam ads to discredit Trump prior to November. Their belief is Trump will split the party, yet that is exactly what they are planning to do. It makes as much sense as the Democrats and their super delegates. Sanders wins the popular vote and Hillary gets the delegates.

The conservative elites' excuse is Trump can't win the general election, but they made the same prediction in 2008 with Obama, and we all see how well that worked out for them. And like Obama, Trump is bringing new blood to the party. People who have never participated before are coming out in droves to support Trump. And like in 2008 the opposition voters are not showing up. The last report I saw has Democratic turn out at less that 25% for the primaries. But Republican turn out is at all time highs. The new faces aren't voting for junior senators and establishment Republicans, they're supporting Trump. People are motivated like they were for Obama. Another similarity is Trump has mastered social media.

To add more to my confusion, after the meeting of Republican governors earlier this month two of them have stepped forward to support Trump; Christie of New Jersey and Le Page of Maine. Even more confusing, both Romney and Bush have refused to endorse the establishment darling, Rubio.

It's all very perplexing and very crooked. Democrats are stealing the nomination from Sanders and Republicans are trying to sabotage Trump. It really does seem like the establishment on both sides want to keep things the way they are (broken) and prevent a shake up in the status quo.

"Sanders really will reform Wall Street and Trump doesn't have to listen to us. Get rid of them."

Well I am looking into your post Waldo (on the immigration) and am working on a response. However I want to be clear and factual so it may take a while. I appreciate you and Aurielius responding to me.

Now as to your above post. I think as of now, the Republicans worst enemy is...the Republicans. None are really going after Trump on his many, inaccuracies, his lack of saying anything of depth regarding education, foreign policy, healthcare. He will occasionally give a little sound bite of something. A one-liner if you will and then off he goes talking about wanting to punch some guy in the face. I personally don't like one thing about him. But then I am not a Republican (though I have been known to vote Republican..shocking I know!)

That being said I think the Republican Convention would be hard pressed not to have him be their nominee for president based at what is happening at this point.

Old guard establishment Republicans are starting to confuse me. Earlier this month there was meeting of Republican governors in Washington. At that time they stepped in line with Mitch McConnell, the has-been Karl Rove and a small army of other conservative elites to put a stop to Trump's candidacy. They are planning all sorts of dirty tricks, like having Republican super packs fund slam ads to discredit Trump prior to November. Their belief is Trump will split the party, yet that is exactly what they are planning to do. It makes as much sense as the Democrats and their super delegates. Sanders wins the popular vote and Hillary gets the delegates.

The conservative elites' excuse is Trump can't win the general election, but they made the same prediction in 2008 with Obama, and we all see how well that worked out for them. And like Obama, Trump is bringing new blood to the party. People who have never participated before are coming out in droves to support Trump. And like in 2008 the opposition voters are not showing up. The last report I saw has Democratic turn out at less that 25% for the primaries. But Republican turn out is at all time highs. The new faces aren't voting for junior senators and establishment Republicans, they're supporting Trump. People are motivated like they were for Obama. Another similarity is Trump has mastered social media.

To add more to my confusion, after the meeting of Republican governors earlier this month two of them have stepped forward to support Trump; Christie of New Jersey and Le Page of Maine. Even more confusing, both Romney and Bush have refused to endorse the establishment darling, Rubio.

It's all very perplexing and very crooked. Democrats are stealing the nomination from Sanders and Republicans are trying to sabotage Trump. It really does seem like the establishment on both sides want to keep things the way they are (broken) and prevent a shake up in the status quo.

"Sanders really will reform Wall Street and Trump doesn't have to listen to us. Get rid of them."

That is exactly what is happening. No one on the republican side wants to upset the applecart, that provides them with such an awesome revenue stream. Both sides of the aisle are much to invested in leaving things just the way they are, because it is the most profitable for THEM.