Play as Int/Cha?

SeanBlader

Is it really possible to play the game without investing in anything but Intelligence and Charisma? I was going to start that way, but then it seemed from the opener that it really wouldn't be very effective at surviving at all. I mean radroaches, molerats, raiders, scavengers, deathclaws, nor Yaogui particularly care how charming you might be. So it seems like you really can't get through the game without investing in killing things. Do you just have to run from all of them, or do we need to wait for multiple follower mods? Maybe join up with the Brotherhood as soon as possible and hope they give you a power armor follower to fight for you?

Intelligence makes up for the crafting perks allowing you to get more out a weapons potential. It also includes first aid, scrapping and hacking(which can often times supersede lockpickping to unlock safes). Intelligence also boost experience gain and contains Nerd rage, one of the best perks in the game. Intelligence is my number one pick in S.P.E.C.I.A.L.

Charm on the other hand I only pick because I want extended dialogue options. It also has the settlement perk buried too deep in it's tree imo.

My starting build was S-5 P-4 E-4 C-6 I-6 A-2 L-1

I play survival as a flexy build focusing on hacking picking and crafting. I emphasize on collecting additional resources and increasing the potential of my weapons to reduce the amount of ammo needed. I find the gun play this game strong enough to use vats rarely. I also avoid luck because I am a masochist who likes to scrounge for limited resources and predictable damage values.

Also an extra note, never commit a whole 10 points to a starter build as there are +1 bobble heads you find in the game for each stat.

One more note, blowing everything into one stat isn't very useful anyways since most perks have level gates. Though everything has their passive benifits, the only ones you'd probably blow a full tenner on are Luck for extra find, Agility for more vats capacity and intelligence for faster xp.

Edited by McC1oud

Sure. There are very few required perks. I played on Survival without taking any damage or defense perk for the first 25 levels at 1 endurance. Difficult, sure. But not impossible. Phsycojet and jets made "boss" fights manageable. I stopped runing out of ammo once I figured out water gathering in my settlement is brokenly good. (90 water every time I go to Sanctuary? I'll take those!) and I got the bottlecap perk so I could just buy ammo.

Point is, you can do whatever you want and it will be fine. In tough situations, drop into a power suit. Have different guns for different ammo. Keep them upgraded. It's not optimal, but very possible.

Besiides. Once you hit 50 and above you are OP anyways. 230 damage assault rifle, 20% movement speed increase, more defense the lowr my hp gets and jets last for 45 seconds( and I can make pretty much an infinite amount of them). I sorely miss something more difficult than survival!

Sure. There are very few required perks. I played on Survival without taking any damage or defense perk for the first 25 levels at 1 endurance. Difficult, sure. But not impossible. Phsycojet and jets made "boss" fights manageable. I stopped runing out of ammo once I figured out water gathering in my settlement is brokenly good. (90 water every time I go to Sanctuary? I'll take those!) and I got the bottlecap perk so I could just buy ammo.

Point is, you can do whatever you want and it will be fine. In tough situations, drop into a power suit. Have different guns for different ammo. Keep them upgraded. It's not optimal, but very possible.

Besiides. Once you hit 50 and above you are OP anyways. 230 damage assault rifle, 20% movement speed increase, more defense the lowr my hp gets and jets last for 45 seconds( and I can make pretty much an infinite amount of them). I sorely miss something more difficult than survival!

How do you gather bottled water?

Water source in settlement produces purified water. I think what the settlers don't use gets added. I often got from 20-90 per settlement. Same goes for food.