⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Nexus Mod Manager (0.61.0) with Fallout 4 Support Released!

SirSalami

im having an issue where it keeps enabling plugins.txt to be read only then asks me every time if i want to disable read only when i launch NMM i have physically gone to the plugins.txt folder disabled read only and then when i launch NMM it asks me to disable read only again and while i left it on that option without selecting anything i went checked plugins.txt again while that NMM menu was open and in fact it gets set to read only again if i just launch from steam and have it set with read only unchecked it stays unchecked same if launching from f4se but as soon as i launch NMM it enables read only and then asks me if i want to disable it every time like wats going on

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

I was using 0.61.7 and my mods for Fallout 4 were working fine. All of the sudden an update comes out which is NMM 0.61.9. That screwed up everything.

1. Whenever I tried to auto select or manually select a mod it made no difference. In this update a TRACELOG error would be generated and NMM would CTD.

This happened 5-6 times.

2. I also never got an update for NMM 0.61.8. I have seen some mention of it on various forums on here but I never saw an option to upgrade it on my NMM.

3. So, I did some thinking. I tried to find another version of NMM 0.61.7 online.

4. That did the trick!. Most of my mods are working again.

5. As with all game patches, I just waiting for my mods to be updated by the authors.

6. This is the best suggestion I have to get to people having problems with NMM 0.61.9. Now I see there is an update to 0.61.10.

7. It's strange, but if you go on the NMM Fallout 4 main page there is no announcement or talk about any of these problems; which I know many people are having.

8. I want to be fair and say, up until recently NMM has been an awesome tool for facilitating and handling my mods, and I GREATLY appreciate all the hard work that everyone here puts into all this.

This has also been great quality software for being free.

9. So, I would finish with a last point of constructive criticism for the great staff at NMM. I think the communication on the part of these recent updates from 0.61.7 through 0.61.10 has stunk.

It would be greatly appreciated by your fans and supporters of your product if you kept us all in the loop with general news announcements with these problems. I don't think I should have to search through

10-20 different forums to try and piece together how to fix the problems I am having just because there is piss-poor communication from the top down.

10. Otherwise NMM team, thanks for everything you all do and keep up the great work! Endorsed!

In response to post #34418920.

RAGEXLION wrote: i have a problem that whenever i try to use a mod ingame in just shuts the game down, anyone else have this?

Have you used LOOT? If the mods are loaded in the wrong order the game just chrashes :(
Try it out and it will put them in the correct order for you and voila! If that doesn't help I have no clue what to do :o There should be some guides out there for you to watch before you start going crazy^^ And make a backup just in case :D

So, just updated to the latest version.

Fallout 4 says there are missing files when I load a game, and horrorshow, all my settlements are borked with missing mods that all show installed in NMM.

I tried the restore protocol but apparently the backup file was never generated, would have been nice to get a prompt on install if that was something I was supposed to somehow know to do.

Anyone have any advice?

This is the second time I have had a problem with NMM that cost me hundreds of game hours in restoring settlements (sorry that is where the fun is for me) and I am now thinking that it isn't worth the risk anymore to use it as it seems to have a very different agenda than providing a stable management platform to enhance my game enjoyment as my problem appears to be with NMM rather than with any of the mods themselves.

Is there some install/reinstall protocol I am missing aside from reinstalling all the mods, which I tried but to no avail - still missing content and borked settlements.

When I install certain mods the message "These changes are needed in order for mods to work" is displayed with a link to the modding guide

I've made the changes already but still, the things that trigger that message don't work, is it because they are older and require the deprecated edits?

Latest version of NMM and Fallout 4

Edited by Guest