I want to Thank you modders

Shawker

Before they release the kits so we can get some of the great mods we know are to come. I want to say thank you, most of you will spend more time editing, coding, creating new textures and audio files for us. Here is a place to give a shout out to your favorite modder.

No bashing, or flaming modders. so show your support to the people who make the game more fun.

THANK YOU!!!!

I wish i could give the good ones money. However, I can not as I am not wealthy, so I do the next best thing and show my support. If I could hand out money I would do so for our soldiers, sailors and Marines. I like you gave money to this site a place where modders can show their work and allow others to use it and even donate.

My reason for this post is and will continue to mean I support all the modders from the beginners to the experts, the goofy to the game changing, immersion to cheating. So yes if you can donate do so but if like me tell them thank you and not whine or complain or even calling a mod stupid or dumb cause it does not fit with what you believe to be cannon or lore.

I agree. What the modders have accomplished so early on is nothing short of amazing. Despite the hundreds of nonsense mods on Nexus there are dozens of diamonds in the rough that have changed the game for the better.

It's interesting how Bethesda copied some mods and not others from previous Fallouts and Elder Scrolls.

I mean they copied the 360 run/walk and the single dot target but ignored the needs system. Who knows why they used some modder ideas and ignored others?

The ability to configure pacing and settings, like gore, number of followers, make followers killable or brightness seem to be really strange omissions to me. The ability to have alternate starts or optional primary needs wouldn't be difficult either but were not implemented.

I have been looking at the mods and some of them look excellent but I am holding off until the next patch comes out in case it wreaks havoc just as I start to feel I need them. Or are my fears unfounded?

Cheers,

Edited by Laz3456

The ability to configure pacing and settings, like gore, number of followers, make followers killable or brightness seem to be really strange omissions to me. The ability to have alternate starts or optional primary needs wouldn't be difficult either but were not implemented.

I have been looking at the mods and some of them look excellent but I am holding off until the next patch comes out in case it wreaks havoc just as I start to feel I need them. Or are my fears unfounded?

Cheers,

That is a good point but as we all should have a back up before implementing mods, it does suck when a new patch comes out and destroys all the work and time put into a game. The problem is Beth has been known to hold patches until as they feel all the bugs that they feel are game breaking are fixed. The problem is most of the time the bugs they fix are not the problem ones. So in the end you just have to ask yourself do i want rainbow colored armor to play in or do i want the normal (vanilla, I hate the use of this name for original or normal games).

I absolutely agree with this thread.

I thank all the modders out there for helping us tailor the FO4 experience to our liking, and improving the game in general.

I also don't have a lot of money to throw around, but I am putting some aside so that when the tools are released, I can donate some money to my favorite mods.

Thank you modders.

To continue to add more support for our modders. As someone else brought up the industry should look to sites like this to find talent even if it is only for specific ideas or tasks to be obtained. We know that the games steal ideas from the modders but then they hack them up by using only parts of one and those of another that always seem half baked at best.

Lets just hope and pray they release the new G.E.C.K or equivalent soon so the modders can create their awesome magic and make this game our own immersive apocalypse.