Visible Clothing vs. actual Armor

ApoY2k

There is a feature in some MMOs like this, where you actually have two kinds of armor.

One whos stats actually affect your character, and one which is visible from the outside, but doesn't affect your stats.

I would love to walk around the wasteland looking cool and all, but the armor with good stats usually looks... well, ugly, tbh.

Hence I am searching for a mod that lets you basically have two outfits. One with actual stats and on top of that the one that you see when looking at the character.

Is there anything already out there for this / in the planning?

Well... no, not entirely. More like a second layer above the armor that can be whatever (armor/clothing) but doesn't contribute any stats. I guess it doesn't exist yet, but maybe someone will find it interesting enough to create^^

The ability to add armor mods to clothing doesn't exactly solve it... Because I would e.g. want to switch out the "armor" for something against radiation, while still wearing the "clothing" that looks like e.g. a raider... So I would look the same but have different stats.

Edited by ApoY2k

Wait for a bit longer until a decent editor is released or the kit is.

Then you can pick the armor/clothing you like and give it the stats of the good yet ugly armors. Another possibility is to find the armor you like, and with an editor remove the body slot/s it would be equipped to, you would be able to equip it and get its benefits but it would not take the actual slot away from the cosmetic armor/clothing.