Who to gank: Brotherhood or Institute?

charwo

The first time I finished the game I obviously went with The Brotherhood because creating AI is not alright, an opinion shared even by today's scientists and I agree. Once you create it, it will replace the human species. So of course The Institute and even the Rail road need to dissapear. I consider the Rail Road hippies that don't understand the long term effect synths can have over the world. Now playing the game a second time I went on the highest difficulty and will join the Institute just for the story but in my mind I will always be against AI.

Edited by Lezerxoxo

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

because creating AI is not alright

You mean artificial free will.

I consider the Rail Road hippies that don't understand the long term effect synths can have over the world.

Like what?

They also want to take down the institute as well, it not like they want make an army of then like IN.

But they are the strongest faction.

How? With an army of dump robots? They are smartest faction, but has the lest and the worst man power compared to BoS. And they have guns, power armor, planes to fight and way more and more importantly, men and women who fought in the battlefield and killed those robots, zombies and super mutes all the time.

best chance the world has.

Nerds who always stayed underground with robot butlers and never built anything or faced any danger of any kind seems like a great pick for the new world.

Well, if you don't want to handle such choices, here's an easy way: generally go with the Railroad until they want every synth freed, then go with the minutemen, gank both the BOS and Institute, then don't evacuate before blowing up the institute, which causes the whole Railroad to become hostile too (OMG, you killed the synths!), so you can gank them too. So now the Minutemen alone rule the land, with you on the skull throne. The lesser known one-faction ending :p

I just now got to the Institute and was so pissed off that I shot the first npc I encountered in the face. Yay Brotherhood?

I really hate the Brotherhood can I please go feral and join the ghouls or something?

I think there is a perk for that!

Well, if you don't want to handle such choices, here's an easy way: generally go with the Railroad until they want every synth freed, then go with the minutemen, gank both the BOS and Institute, then don't evacuate before blowing up the institute, which causes the whole Railroad to become hostile too (OMG, you killed the synths!), so you can gank them too. So now the Minutemen alone rule the land, with you on the skull throne. The lesser known one-faction ending :tongue:

I feel like this needed to be a thing, that in the end the player can choose the player to be the winning faction. Lets face it the Minutemen belong to the player. Now if we could only get the faction modded to where it can actually feel like an effective faction.

It shouldn't be too hard to mod the minutemen patrols to spawn with some leather armor or such, and better muskets, I guess.

But in the meantime, really, it IS a thing. You can choose to be the sole winning faction, and rule the commonwealth from your Castle, albeit with some wimps as your men-at-arms. But, hey, that only makes you the only badass left, I guess.

It would have been nice to be given another option; no one faction wins in the end, very much like FO:NV - NO GODS, NO MASTERS. I always pick that ending when I play New Vegas as it seems that for the entire game you [as the protagonist] have been doing all the heavy lifting but at the end you suddenly decide that some other guys who've just sat back and watched suddenly get handed the keys to the kingdom? Yeah... nah

While I like the Minutemen I do find them to be pretty ineffectual. They fell apart because they were ultimately a militia with no central structure thus were prone to in fighting etc.

The BoS, under Maxon, have regressed which is regretable and while they see the big picture [save humanity rather than just one area] their mission and purpose is deeply flawed. Owen Lyons had it right but sadly his legacy was thrown away and as such I feel that the BoS are on track to becoming a fascist technological hoarding warlord state, keeping most of humanity in ignorance and servitude while they hoard all the sweet tech for themselves.

The institute are an example of what goes wrong with science when they're left to their own devices without any oversight - they too have gone too far and their vision of uptopia is just as flawed, if not terrifying, and thus despite the fact that they have the most advanced tech yet seen they do not deserve to be the future because the ends never justify the means.

The Railroad are just a reactionary movement based on liberating enslaved AI and aren't focused on saving the broader world and so they don't get a say in it.

So then the only one fit enough to lead humanity is you.