Preparing for the Enclave Return mod

jonnyetiz

Bump

I will help you and become 3 of your required developers

-Artist

-Voice

-Story writer

I could also offer assistance on voice, I have a few people that might be interested in helping at not cost (several actually). I can also do voices my self, but I lack the equipment.

that covers about 33% of the team?

what I need in return is:

Your experience in modding (personal experience)

the reason why I ask this is because the leader of a project of this magnitude should have at least basic knowledge on all modding tools, while I am not experienced in 3dx max or blender, I could probably make a basic shape.

Some of my experience in modding were mostly textures. I can do textures from raw so long there are reference points.

My advice is that you look for team members in other places, as not everyone who potentially has the skills visits the forums, you should try outreach more in twitter and facebook. Look for experienced modders and contact them personally.

You should build your team by first creating a few basic mods that hint into the development of your big mod, for example start by creating a stand alone uniform for the enclave, then proceed by addind enclave into the wasteland, then add a small quest from an enclave officer, or that makes you find an dead enclave officer from which you can obtain the uniform, weapons or technology unique to him, similar to a easter egg.

Start small with a few tests, then expand your project, use what you have (above idea) as means to promote your mod in the nexus website (modding side), then post propaganda and features to come, along with information on the project and required personnel.

I Will help you with the best of my abilities.

So because I am pretty sure you will choose me given the little supply and big demand of developers, take my advice and let's begin working.

My suggestion is to first start with promotion: advertisement of any kind, showing the potential future of your mod. I can work on the graphics, I can even give you a sample of what I can do (PM). Then we can add it to the OP on this topic or we can add it to a personal website. Then we can increase the amount of members signing up for the project.

Another suggestion is to begin working with what we have ingame, find a model that looks fairly similar to the enclave uniform and I can convert it to a proper enclave uniform (textures).

We can begin planning the story, you could do some research on lore while I write the "1st quest", and then you would compare what you know vs what I given you.

Edited by kennyimpala

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something I'd like to point out is that bumping a thread multiple times a day isn't a good way to garner interest, as it tends to look, well, not professional. Modding isn't always a short term deal, especially with something like you're talking about. Expect to dip into many different fields while working on your mod, even with a team.

For example, I'm working on a series of mods which I plan on being quite expansive. I've been working on them for a couple weeks now. While I'm planning on putting them into Fallout 4, I'm releasing sort of demos in New Vegas, am working on the various quests and areas so it's all written down, and have been doing work in no less than five different programs. Try to give people something to build their trust on. Sketches, models, story, dialogue, textures, ext. It doesn't have to be great, but effort goes a long way.

Typically, for something of this scale. I would highly recommend a 'work in progress' file so that people can see what you are doing, and where you are in development. The main reason I haven't volunteered by now is because I am waiting for the Fallout 4 GECK to see what I can and cannot do before I start making promises to people. Also, agreed on the Bumping thing...

While we all wait on the GECK, might I recommend the process of drafting docs and getting voice work done? In any case, I, while I favor Enclave mods and have something planned myself, also intend to wait on the sidelines to see what I can do when the accursed thing is released.

Also, if I am to be honest, tend to be bad with teams. So much so, that I've developed a rather 'mercenary' attitude towards them. Volunteer some stuff here and there, and then done. I've discovered that it's easier for me to not step on people's toes when I pick and choose what I contribute rather than dedicate myself fully towards another person's artistic vision, but that's more of a philosophical thing and my own personal problem.

In any case... gonna wait about 2-3 months for the GECK before I make any decisions.

OP.

Let's begin with the basics. I need you to gather textures for me to work on. And I will begin creating textures for the various equipments the enclave have.

Also I can suggest a sequence of story lines. That... we can both analyze for further research.

Then we can create a comic sketch and begin processing the story line. We can also decide when the enclave show up (after war is over, or if they join the war similar to the BOS)

etc.

Bump.

Something that would be appreciated is bumping through updates. If you have something new to show off, that would be a perfect time to post again. However, just saying "Bump" doesn't reflect well.

Well I really need to be staffed, and I cant get any work without that. I currently have a set of Voice Actors, an Artist, and a Story Writer. I especially need a modeler, and if people are to find this topic, I have to bump it..

Do work on your own. Again, as a modder, who does this as a hobby, you should try and learn as much as you can regarding programs and how to use them. Like try learning blender; as there are some great tutorials out there. Or work on some design documents for areas you want to add or modify. Just something to show you're actively working on this, and not just sitting on your hands.

Hey, you may notice I updated the E.N.C.L.A.V.E. part in the features, It did say no spoilers, well here's a spoiler for you:

(It's a big spoiler, so you may not want to see it if you will use the mod... YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!)

http://i.imgur.com/ZKOCOEU.png

And yes, its HUGE.

Edited by jonnyetiz