Preparing for the Enclave Return mod

jonnyetiz

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

| Not sure how far along this mod has gotten since its inception, however the biggest thing I've noticed is that unless mod creator already can do a decent amount of the work themselves, it's best to start small. Over ambitious projects tend to loose steam because so much work is required and there's no one to back it up. This actually happened to a project of my own for New Vegas. So it's best to pace yourself.

If your main project still isn't gaining enough speed, think smaller. Rather than creating tons of new material for a big mod, use current models and just retexture them to fit your needs. Instead of creating a new worldspace or adding a lot of new buildings, repurpose pre-existing buildings that don't overlap with major plot/side quests. Once the smaller project is finished, assuming it does well you'll have more experience and notoriety within the community. This would allow you to have the potential to bring in more people for future projects, like what you originally set out to accomplish here.

I was looking to do a similar mod with F4 involving the Enclave, so that being said I'd be interested in helping out if possible. While I currently don't have any skills with Blender/3DS Max (slowly learning though), I'd be able to help seek out potential texture artists and modelers. I'd say I could help with the story, but it seems you already have someone filling that position.

Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing this mod progress and wish you the best of luck! |

| Not sure how far along this mod has gotten since its inception, however the biggest thing I've noticed is that unless mod creator already can do a decent amount of the work themselves, it's best to start small. Over ambitious projects tend to loose steam because so much work is required and there's no one to back it up. This actually happened to a project of my own for New Vegas. So it's best to pace yourself.

If your main project still isn't gaining enough speed, think smaller. Rather than creating tons of new material for a big mod, use current models and just retexture them to fit your needs. Instead of creating a new worldspace or adding a lot of new buildings, repurpose pre-existing buildings that don't overlap with major plot/side quests. Once the smaller project is finished, assuming it does well you'll have more experience and notoriety within the community. This would allow you to have the potential to bring in more people for future projects, like what you originally set out to accomplish here.

I was looking to do a similar mod with F4 involving the Enclave, so that being said I'd be interested in helping out if possible. While I currently don't have any skills with Blender/3DS Max (slowly learning though), I'd be able to help seek out potential texture artists and modelers. I'd say I could help with the story, but it seems you already have someone filling that position.

Either way, I'm looking forward to seeing this mod progress and wish you the best of luck! |

Yeah, I can do pretty much everything aside from SFX/Voices/Models. We will probably, until we get a modeler, just re-texture things from Fallout 3 and New Vegas. We just want it to look really nice, and meet 2015/16s standards.

I'm working on a few quest mod ideas so I'd love to collaborate on the writing and development of an Enclave mod, I messaged you about this. I also can talk to some of the voice actors I've lined up for my own project.

We got a modeler! We still could use another modeler, some voice actors, and an SFX creator wouldn't hurt. An animator would be helpful, but not really required, for the new power armor frame*

Edited by jonnyetiz