Preparing for the Enclave Return mod

jonnyetiz

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you need as far as modeling? And if you could kindly be specific.

I was kind of waiting until Nifskope is 100% up and tested for Fallout 4 to start messing with that stuff.

Well I need someone to port and sharpen up the Remnants Power armor from NV, as with the Enclave Power armor from Fo3. I guess just port them to the BA2 format, and give them a bit higher resolution.

Edited by jonnyetiz

I was kind of waiting until Nifskope is 100% up and tested for Fallout 4 to start messing with that stuff.

Well I need someone to port and sharpen up the Remnants Power armor from NV, as with the Enclave Power armor from Fo3. I guess just port them to the BA2 format, and give them a bit higher resolution.

Why?

Not to be rude, but I am super confused by this request...

Fallout 4 has an amazing Enclave armor, and the remnant armor is one of the worst modeled pieces of equipment in Fallout New Vegas... It would look so out of place in Fallout 4...

I'm all up for modeling some new Enclave armor, I am actually thinking about doing the Hellfire armor and maybe some Tesla variations... But the New Vegas armor... no... just no...

Why?

Not to be rude, but I am super confused by this request...

Fallout 4 has an amazing Enclave armor, and the remnant armor is one of the worst modeled pieces of equipment in Fallout New Vegas... It would look so out of place in Fallout 4...

I'm all up for modeling some new Enclave armor, I am actually thinking about doing the Hellfire armor and maybe some Tesla variations... But the New Vegas armor... no... just no...

Im sorry if I sound rude, as well, but the X-01 is not enclave armor, at least from Fallout NV/3, the Remnants Armor was used by the Enclave after the great war, under the name of Advanced Power Armor Mk. I/II and it appears in Fallout 2 as the Enclave's Power Armor. Our story plans, that I wont disclose in this anyway will use this fact, and eventually it will have to do with a quest. The X-01 has many differences of the Advanced P.A. Mk. I/II, while it was supposed to mimic it, it simply isn't the same. It's first off WAY too bulky, secondly the knees have differences, third off, the helmet is a bit different.

The way they phased through armors was as listed:

Enclave Pre-War/Early Post-War: T-51b Power Armor

Around 100(Don't quote me if I'm wrong) years after the war, they transitioned to the A.P.A. Mk. 1/2

Around 200 years after the great war, they used the power armor seen in Fallout 3.

I personally don't like the hellfire armor, though we will still be adding it.

Ill just list our plan under a spoiler, so nobody has to see:

We will be using the T-51 armor in the mod until we give a mission where they upgrade to the APA, until they get another quest to upgrade to the armor seen in Fallout 3. It seems bland, but we are going to put some story behind it.

The armor in Fallout 4 is the armor from Fallout 2.

If you want the Power Armor from Fallout 3, that isn't hard, but porting it is basically not worth the effort and against the law, It would be much easier to build it from a base power armor pulled from Fallout 4 anyways.

If that is what you want me to build, challenge accepted. I will work on it after Nifskope is up and running and fully tested, and I will build it from a Fallout 4 Power Armor base so it can animate when you go in and out.

I've been looking for Power Armor to sculpt anyways.

Only rule I have, if your mod is never completed, then the rights to the armor go back to me.

We already have a modeler. If you don't agree to my terms(not about porting), then you cant work on my project. I was hoping you could lend an extra hand, but I can tell we wouldn't get along. Have a nice day.

Edited by jonnyetiz

Also Enclave Officer uniform would be helpful. I like the style but a recolor might help 'modernize' it? This thought is as much a pitch to Jonny as it is to Bacon. Also, not sure about the other thoughts from the writers room on this idea, but I'm sure we could make some use of Tesla armor, especially since I found the FO4 power armors too similar.

Edited by TimeLadyKatie

If you want the Power Armor from Fallout 3, that isn't hard, but porting it is basically not worth the effort and against the law, It would be much easier to build it from a base power armor pulled from Fallout 4 anyways.

If that is what you want me to build, challenge accepted. I will work on it after Nifskope is up and running and fully tested, and I will build it from a Fallout 4 Power Armor base so it can animate when you go in and out.

Only rule I have, if your mod is never completed, then the rights to the armor go back to me.

Technically, he is correct. A direct port of existing content from any Bethesda game to another is against the law and considered a breach of their terms of usage. This is why TTW Projects have auto-installers to unpackage and port content from one game folder to the next in order to successfully install and load one Fallout game (such as Fallout 3) into New Vegas, since such a way of doing things requires that you possess the initial content to begin with. Unfortunately, Fallout 4 appears to be a very radically different game from Fallout 3 in terms of mechanics so auto-installers will likely be unable to be utilized for this current game when regarding materials from prior existing archives. In order to confirm this, I recommend contacting the TTW people since they will be THE PEOPLE to do it, if it can be done.

Otherwise, you will be forced to do things 'the hard way.' By this, I mean, making fundamental changes to the porting meshes so that they are unique pieces. However, this is a legal grey area because what constitutes 'fundamental changes' to create something conceptually different from the initial work varies greatly from lawyer to lawyer. Thus, most people rightfully follow the traditional advice of, 'just don't do it.' However, if you still desire to roll the proverbial dice on getting banned from Nexus over porting Enclave armor over from Fallout 3; then might I recommend speaking with Dante from Nexus, and Bethesda Help, to see how much those pieces will need to be altered. Perhaps, you will even require crafting the armors and making pics to send to them for confirmation. That having been said, Dante likely won't care so long as its not overtly ripped content, and Bethesda will likely reply with its luke-warm 'no, but maybe' responses their emails are notorious for containing.

I'm fairly sure Jonny didn't mean a literal rip from FO3 as it wouldn't stylistically fit with FO4 graphics anyway. More like a recreation, which I remember seeing a lot of in re Skyrim from Oblivion. Even still, I'm a proponent of some enhancements to make the new armor feel new, and if we're going to build a model from scratch anyway it might as well be one that's at least a little different from what we've seen in the game before.

We already have a modeler. If you don't agree to my terms(not about porting), then you cant work on my project. I was hoping you could lend an extra hand, but I can tell we wouldn't get along. Have a nice day.

I'd like to point out here how rude you're being. It's clear to me that Bacon is not only offering his modeling services, but offering up legal information that would be of great use to you.

And another thing, what terms are you referring to? That he wants to use his model if the Enclave Returns mod is never finished? For a free complete suit of power armor, that sounds completely fair, and not warranting of any kind of backlash.

I will say, however, that Bacon's advice could have been worded better. Still not-deserving of this kind of reaction.

Edited by Danneyo