Tutorial for building NMM installer scripts.

ShinraStrife

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks a lot, that's been very helpful. I'm new to modding and coding stuff, and this was clear as crystal !!

I have one question tho. You said :

Note: NMM does not allow files to be installed outside of the Fallout 4\Data folder. This is for security reasons.

Do you know if there is any way to circumvent this ? I'm building a batch files mod (mostly for myself but it might be useful for others), and the files need to be placed in the main Fallout 4 folder, and not in Data.

Any advice ?

Thanks a lot :smile:

Thanks a lot, that's been very helpful. I'm new to modding and coding stuff, and this was clear as crystal !!

I have one question tho. You said :

Note: NMM does not allow files to be installed outside of the Fallout 4\Data folder. This is for security reasons.

Do you know if there is any way to circumvent this ? I'm building a batch files mod (mostly for myself but it might be useful for others), and the files need to be placed in the main Fallout 4 folder, and not in Data.

Any advice ?

Thanks a lot :smile:

There's no way to get NMM to install things to the Fallout 4 base folder. That said, have you tried using your batch files from the data folder? I've never understood why people say that they have to go in the FO4 base folder and not the data folder. I've always put them in the data folder and for the most part they've worked. There have been a few edge cases where they did not. Such as if they were very complex. Or possibly had race condition issues.

There's no way to get NMM to install things to the Fallout 4 base folder. That said, have you tried using your batch files from the data folder? I've never understood why people say that they have to go in the FO4 base folder and not the data folder. I've always put them in the data folder and for the most part they've worked. There have been a few edge cases where they did not. Such as if they were very complex. Or possibly had race condition issues.

Wow, it actually works too. Cool. I'm gonna be able to load my beautiful first xml file to the Nexus haha :D

Thanks !

• 2 months later...

So, you might know that I've taken over another modder's mod. TheScout201's weightless junk. Anyways, I really want to make it my own. I re-wrote the scripting, changed out some images, basic stuff. But, is it possible to actually change the structure, to make the installer look different that what you show above?

• 2 months later...