Anybody Game On A Mac ?

Marthos

Getting a bit bored, I've built that many PC's lately that the house is cluttered with them, I sold a few PC bits off the other day and the guy couldn't afford everything he wanted so offered me an Apple Ipad as a px, I accepted thinking I'll just flog it on but now I've had a mess about with it I kinda like it, a lot.

So that got me thinking about Apple Macs, I've never had my paws on one, so are they upgradeable as in could I chuck more ram and a hugemungous gpu in there etc and/also are most games compatable with Apple operating systems?

Or would I end nutting the keyboard in frustration ?

Thanks in advance.

You would most certainly destroy the mac.

1 - Unless you like playing The Sims or Facebook games, then you cant game.

2 - Thinking of upgrading? Lolno. Will never happen. Even if you can get into that case without a sledgehammer or by throwing it, you cant put any new stuff in AND it voids the warranty. (which of course, means it detects that the warranty is no longer in effect and breaks itself)

3 - Lockups. So many lockups. If you want to open a program, it will lock, and you have to press a very confusing few buttons to open the 'task manager' thing. Its like a little swirly button, G, TAB, and ~ all at once, and then that locks up too.

But if you like media or music, then an apple is acceptable. Not great, but acceptable

Edited by CommanderCrazy

Macs are marketed entirely to hipsters who think "I donty want to use a PC because they're too popular" mac are absolutely useless for games, slow, and little more than glorified word-proccesors. Use them as a work pc by all means, but they'll never be workable for gaming, as only a tiny handful of games, almost all of them for children, are mac compatible.

Well believe it or not but slowly but surely Mac gaming is expanding.

Steam is available for macs and some games are like minecraft (for sure) counter strike and Half Life 2 and its mods.

Mac is actually good for many professions that involve music as some programs don't work as good on PC.

I was bought an iPad as a gift as few weeks ago and have been surprised how useful it is. It isn't a replacement for a PC and those who suggest it is either don't do much with their computer or are mindless fanboys, it is handy for lounging around with surfing the net (well the Flash free parts anyway), Twitter and other simple tasks. It fills the gap between your Smartphone and PC/laptop. As for Macs they are like any other Apple product, pay more, get less.

I definitely support using an iPhone and an iPad, because I have both and I can say that they are completely awesome. But Mac computers are not something I'm interested in.

Thanks for the replies guys, been having a snout about at the prices, I ain't tight fisted but I do like some performance in exchange for my pound, to buy a Mac that would have only half the clout of my gaming rig would sting me just shy of 3k.

I'm not havin that, why on earth are those things considered worth buying ? Mac idea scrapped.

As for the iPad, I think it's a usable and useful little slab of electrickery that's instantly on and ready to go.

Search for "Infinity Blade" in the app store if you want something to play while you're away from your PC, costs about three & half quid and I never thought I'd see graphics that good on an iPad, but beware, your sword finger gets tired pretty sharpish.