Potential Database Breach

Dark0ne

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #31558720. #31559325, #31573900, #31574430, #31575890, #31575970, #31579990, #31580480, #31581870 are all replies on the same post.

piotrmil wrote: Well, I never had trust in you to begin with, so nothing has been lost.
sydney666 wrote: Geez, do you really have to be an ass?
piotrmil wrote: Yes, I really have to tell the truth.
Tyerial12 wrote: well we dont trust you so nothing lost when you leave .. see ya
ShenGuardian wrote: Are you that bored with life that you have to post intentionally inflammatory posts to entertain yourself?

I swear, for every considerate human being that uses any kind of social outlet online, there is a substantially larger group that (VERY unfortunately) adds to your ranks... sickening.
ShenGuardian wrote: Feel free to reply as I'm sure you feel you must, but be sure, it will not be read by myself, I've not the time for such foolishness.
FishBiter wrote: Doesn't have time for this foolishness... but has the time to respond twice.

Strangely, I'm not bothered by what piotrmil wrote at all, he's just being honest. The "positive comments only!" police will just have to deal with it I guess.
SableDreamer wrote: ...he said, after replying to comments he had to have read to have replied to.
Ge0rgeCostanza wrote: piotrmil, you're kind of my hero.

Well I certainly didn't post anything along the lines of "all super positive". However the comment from piotrmil wasn't honest, it was quite a personal dig - and rude as hell. Anyway who cares, obviously he is just a troll/keyboard warrior and probably not raised properly by his parents. One of the new "tv raised" generation aka "the lazy generation that think the world owes them something".

In response to post #31583620.

HextarVigar wrote: Yes, because there's ALL SORTS of important things here. God forbid someone access my dummy e-mail address that I use only to create accounts with AND NOTHING ELSE and download mods under my name or something.

Or they can use the acc of a highly downloaded mod and put a virus instead of the mod and know you have a virus ;)

In response to post #31573045. #31573920, #31573935, #31575350, #31575375, #31581750 are all replies on the same post.

Dark0ne wrote: The three files affected were:

- Higher Settlement Budget (downloads from 5th December)
- Rename Dogmeat (downloads from 4th December)
- BetterBuild (downloads from 29th November)

OP updated to include that information.
ZedLeppelin wrote: Thank you for that info! I'm happy to say I downloaded/installed none of those 3 mods. I changed my Nexus p/w regardless, just to be safe.
Hickory wrote: That dsound.dll file should be sent away to all AV companies that participate in Virus Total for manual investigation. Relying on existing heuristics is not doing anybody any good, especially since these files are extremely suspect to begin with and have not been tagged by the scans.
spidermandala wrote: Thanks so much for giving us the heads up Dark0ne, I too luckily didn't pick any of these up but Ill be double vigilant now.
RaverWolfe wrote: I actually downloaded the Rename Dogmeat one, I'll change all my s#*! asap just incase.
adventnova wrote: glad i never downloaded those files.

Thanks for the update...

Any news on synlSDLL.dll? This file and some program triggered my UAC and installed a touchpad service without me having such hardware. I don't know if the program acted as though it was a touchpad and thus my pc needed to install this service or if the actual file was a virus...once I uninstalled everything, no virus was found on my pc.

I have since cleaned my system, but it was a little difficult as the program would not uninstall by normal means aka control panel.

Very odd, but I am glad you are getting this under control.

Just tried to change my password as suggested, but sadly, the password-change webform doesn't work. Although it alleges that I can skip one or the other of the two sections (email and password), in actual fact when I completed only the old and new password fields and clicked Submit (or whatever) I got a red error bar at the top saying that I must complete the entire form. :mad:

I do not want to complete the entire form and be subjected to the verification process again, because so many email providers (including mine) block Nexus emails. I just want to change my password.

Does anyone know how I can change only my password without having to "fill out the entire form" (apparently, including the email-change section) as the instructions say that I should be able to do?

In response to post #31573045. #31573920, #31573935, #31575350, #31575375, #31581750, #31584915 are all replies on the same post.

Dark0ne wrote: The three files affected were:

- Higher Settlement Budget (downloads from 5th December)
- Rename Dogmeat (downloads from 4th December)
- BetterBuild (downloads from 29th November)

OP updated to include that information.
ZedLeppelin wrote: Thank you for that info! I'm happy to say I downloaded/installed none of those 3 mods. I changed my Nexus p/w regardless, just to be safe.
Hickory wrote: That dsound.dll file should be sent away to all AV companies that participate in Virus Total for manual investigation. Relying on existing heuristics is not doing anybody any good, especially since these files are extremely suspect to begin with and have not been tagged by the scans.
spidermandala wrote: Thanks so much for giving us the heads up Dark0ne, I too luckily didn't pick any of these up but Ill be double vigilant now.
RaverWolfe wrote: I actually downloaded the Rename Dogmeat one, I'll change all my s#*! asap just incase.
adventnova wrote: glad i never downloaded those files.
sydney666 wrote: Thanks for the update...

Any news on synlSDLL.dll? This file and some program triggered my UAC and installed a touchpad service without me having such hardware. I don't know if the program acted as though it was a touchpad and thus my pc needed to install this service or if the actual file was a virus...once I uninstalled everything, no virus was found on my pc.

I have since cleaned my system, but it was a little difficult as the program would not uninstall by normal means aka control panel.

Very odd, but I am glad you are getting this under control.

Lets just hope it is just FO4 mods being affected. Thousands upon thousands could be affected if they touch Skyrim, Oblivion, and many of the other games Nexus hosts.

But alas, only time will tell. Thank you for taking the time to preemptively warn us.

i dear you! decreptying my super ultra tough heavy password used ONLY in this site, lmao.

im not changing a s*** madafdak! idouble dear you!

What is the matter with you? :sick:

In response to post #31584920.

Vyxenne wrote:

Just tried to change my password as suggested, but sadly, the password-change webform doesn't work. Although it alleges that I can skip one or the other of the two sections (email and password), in actual fact when I completed only the old and new password fields and clicked Submit (or whatever) I got a red error bar at the top saying that I must complete the entire form. :mad:

I do not want to complete the entire form and be subjected to the verification process again, because so many email providers (including mine) block Nexus emails. I just want to change my password.

Does anyone know how I can change only my password without having to "fill out the entire form" (apparently, including the email-change section) as the instructions say that I should be able to do?

Get another email provider.

If you bypass email verification then just anyone who hacks into an account can change the password. In short, nobody should be allowed to change password, or email or other important identity-related settings without some form of independent verification whether by email, telephone, face to face, etc.

In response to post #31583620. #31584670 is also a reply to the same post.

HextarVigar wrote: Yes, because there's ALL SORTS of important things here. God forbid someone access my dummy e-mail address that I use only to create accounts with AND NOTHING ELSE and download mods under my name or something.
marzard wrote: Or they can use the acc of a highly downloaded mod and put a virus instead of the mod and know you have a virus ;)

This is why God created the anti-virus program.

I have three.