NMM 0.61.3 fixes for Fallout 4

TheTokenGeek

In response to post #32460130.

Argo1141 wrote: Got a bunch of mods I like.. tried to get them into the game.. and Nada... No mods are showing up.. All the file paths are correct.. so?? Anyone got any ideas?

if you are launching from the Steam launcher, it will automatically cancel all mod .esp's. To get around this, open up Nexus Mod Manager, launch FO4, but only to the Setup screen where you can change your graphics options...don't actually continue your game. Then go back to the NMM and re-enable all mods under the Plugins tab (check all the boxes) for mods you want active). Then go back to the Fallout screen and launch the game. However, to keep from having to do this every time, I've installed the Fallout Script Extender and just use that launcher instead of the Steam Launcher.

Hope this helps.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #32266380.

zivjax wrote: Anyone having new problems with the virtual install directories (MultiHD)? I had it working up until a day or two ago. I moved my game off of the SSD back to a RAID array, and I reset the links. It seemed to work, but then NMM won't let me set the "virtual install" directory to another drive.

Virtual Install E:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Fallout4\Mods
Required Link C:\Games\Nexus Mod Manager\Fallout4

It used to work in NMM 0.61.3, but 0.61.4 generates a runtime error:

Parameter name: It seems the MultiHD mode is enabled but the program is unable to retrieve the Link folder.
Full Trace:

I've wiped my mods cleans, uninstalled and reinstalled NMM three times and still MultiHD won't work. Are there still problems with it?

Is this from the 0.61.4 update?

I just had the exact same issue - even made a bug report on the forums - and after tinkering all day I had to resort to uninstalling Nexus Mod Manager AND remove configuration settings during uninstall, then reinstall NMM and select the right virtual install folder and enable MultiHD mode when first initializing for fallout 4. Be sure to change the default setting afterwards to point it to the folder where your mods are stored, then relaunch NMM for it to load your mods. It took a lot longer than usual on the first time to load them but afterwards everything is working as it should.

Edit: I had to give up on using MultiHD mode, loose-file mods - specifically any sound replacers - would not work and in-game the replaced sound was muted instead. Edited by Timmster

I'm sorry this is a dumb question.

I've some installed mods and then some of it I decide to disabled it.

When i want to enable it, i don't see any NMM Installation's mod to choose some options like the first mod installation.

How to show it again?

thx

In response to post #32673850.

exliko wrote: I'm sorry this is a dumb question.

I've some installed mods and then some of it I decide to disabled it.
When i want to enable it, i don't see any NMM Installation's mod to choose some options like the first mod installation.

How to show it again?

thx

Disabling leaves the mod unchanged ready to reinstall as it is.

To uninstall the mod and reinstall, right click and select
Uninstall MOd or Uninstall from all profiles, as required.
The archive remains, only hiiting the big red X removes that as well.

Reinstalling the mod allows different options to be chosen, as you want.

In response to post #32346480. #32370405, #32446395 are all replies on the same post.

MDskinner wrote: So I edited the files and got rid of the string that was causing the unnecessary load times, and added in the correct files, the one in the updated text saying,
[Archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

sResourceDataDirsFinal=

Now whenever I try to launch the game, it will get to the film loading screen (before taking me to the game menu) and just shuts off. Is this happening to anyone else?
myron836 wrote: For me I accidentally did this:

[Archive]
[Archive]
bInvalidateOlderFiles=1
sResourceDataDirsFinal=

Removed the second "[Archive]" and now its working fine. Check for typos
beastslayer113 wrote: it happens to me to

Im having this same exact issue any help here???

The update didn't fix this issue with Fallout 4:

1. If you open NMM to check something and closes it w/o doing anything

2. Or download and install mods w/o plugins, i.e. texture replacers etc.

NMM will not turn on write protection for plugins.txt when closing the app, which means you have to do it manually.