NMM 0.61.3 fixes for Fallout 4

TheTokenGeek

It may be unrelated to your problem, but sometimes when I hit tab, the pipboy does not come up. If I hit escape to bring up the menu, hit escape again to get out of the menu, then the pipboy works fine. You might try that. Hope it helps.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #31682070.

DarkYak wrote: It may be unrelated to your problem, but sometimes when I hit tab, the pipboy does not come up. If I hit escape to bring up the menu, hit escape again to get out of the menu, then the pipboy works fine. You might try that. Hope it helps.

I found this to be an issue with the steam overlay. Switched my overlay from Shift-Tab to Pause/break, and issue was solved.
Hope this helps.

In response to post #31669955. #31673750, #31673880, #31676115 are all replies on the same post.

keh520 wrote: I found it pretty easy to workaround this issue yesterday by running NMM, running the launcher, then re-checking everything in the NMM list. I can't believe how quickly you guys came up with a real solution to the problem. Thank you! Bigger problem: why the heck is Bethesda sabotaging our ability to mod? Also changed yesterday: used to be able to get to the "data files" menu on the launcher by clicking the bright spot under the right eye of the helmet- that is gone too. Is Bethesda attempting to stop us from modding and what prompted that departure from the Bethesda model?
khmp wrote: I just think that if they wanted to prevent modding they'd have taken a better step to do it. Quite possibly a wrong assumption and you may be correct. Again just a different look at the same issue.

Or... tinfoil hats on. A push to use third party tools that circumvent the launcher! *dramatic music cue*

Also many thanks for updating NMM Fabio.
BeingShotAt wrote: I think you're jumping to conclusions
sneakykatze82 wrote: This was not a "sabotage" or any attempt to stop modding. Mods break when updates happen. It's actually just that simple.

Edit: Also, the mod list is still there when you click the helm on the vanilla launcher.

It sure as heck isn't that. the new launcher flat out disables all mod when started.

But no i dont see this as evidence of them trying to sabotage us, i would at this point assume they just made an honest mistake and pushed the beta patch directly to live(beta patches have this same "feature", but it actually makes sense there)

In response to post #31669955. #31673750, #31673880, #31676115, #31682985 are all replies on the same post.

keh520 wrote: I found it pretty easy to workaround this issue yesterday by running NMM, running the launcher, then re-checking everything in the NMM list. I can't believe how quickly you guys came up with a real solution to the problem. Thank you! Bigger problem: why the heck is Bethesda sabotaging our ability to mod? Also changed yesterday: used to be able to get to the "data files" menu on the launcher by clicking the bright spot under the right eye of the helmet- that is gone too. Is Bethesda attempting to stop us from modding and what prompted that departure from the Bethesda model?
khmp wrote: I just think that if they wanted to prevent modding they'd have taken a better step to do it. Quite possibly a wrong assumption and you may be correct. Again just a different look at the same issue.

Or... tinfoil hats on. A push to use third party tools that circumvent the launcher! *dramatic music cue*

Also many thanks for updating NMM Fabio.
BeingShotAt wrote: I think you're jumping to conclusions
sneakykatze82 wrote: This was not a "sabotage" or any attempt to stop modding. Mods break when updates happen. It's actually just that simple.

Edit: Also, the mod list is still there when you click the helm on the vanilla launcher.
torguemada wrote: It sure as heck isn't that. the new launcher flat out disables all mod when started.

But no i dont see this as evidence of them trying to sabotage us, i would at this point assume they just made an honest mistake and pushed the beta patch directly to live(beta patches have this same "feature", but it actually makes sense there)

Bethesda probably thought the patch would break a lot of mods, and therefore the game itself, so they would get wrong bug reports about the patch that were in fact related to outdated mods. So for me it makes sense. But they could've at least announced it.

Anyway everyone knows the risks of modding.

In response to post #31682070. #31682640 is also a reply to the same post.

DarkYak wrote: It may be unrelated to your problem, but sometimes when I hit tab, the pipboy does not come up. If I hit escape to bring up the menu, hit escape again to get out of the menu, then the pipboy works fine. You might try that. Hope it helps.
Nithilius wrote: I found this to be an issue with the steam overlay. Switched my overlay from Shift-Tab to Pause/break, and issue was solved.
Hope this helps.

I get that in settlements all the time, especially after doing something in the workshop, and it still says "Hit X to open Workshop" at the top. I think that prompt interferes with the Pip-Boy, so hitting ESC clears whatever is blocking the pip-boy opening.