NMM 0.61.3 fixes for Fallout 4

TheTokenGeek

In response to post #31669955. #31673880 is also a reply to the same post.

keh520 wrote: I found it pretty easy to workaround this issue yesterday by running NMM, running the launcher, then re-checking everything in the NMM list. I can't believe how quickly you guys came up with a real solution to the problem. Thank you! Bigger problem: why the heck is Bethesda sabotaging our ability to mod? Also changed yesterday: used to be able to get to the "data files" menu on the launcher by clicking the bright spot under the right eye of the helmet- that is gone too. Is Bethesda attempting to stop us from modding and what prompted that departure from the Bethesda model?
BeingShotAt wrote: I think you're jumping to conclusions

I just think that if they wanted to prevent modding they'd have taken a better step to do it. Quite possibly a wrong assumption and you may be correct. Again just a different look at the same issue.

Or... tinfoil hats on. A push to use third party tools that circumvent the launcher! *dramatic music cue*

Also many thanks for updating NMM Fabio. Edited by khmp

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #31669955. #31673750 is also a reply to the same post.

keh520 wrote: I found it pretty easy to workaround this issue yesterday by running NMM, running the launcher, then re-checking everything in the NMM list. I can't believe how quickly you guys came up with a real solution to the problem. Thank you! Bigger problem: why the heck is Bethesda sabotaging our ability to mod? Also changed yesterday: used to be able to get to the "data files" menu on the launcher by clicking the bright spot under the right eye of the helmet- that is gone too. Is Bethesda attempting to stop us from modding and what prompted that departure from the Bethesda model?
khmp wrote: I just think that if they wanted to prevent modding they'd have taken a better steps to do it. Quite possibly a wrong assumption and you may be correct. Again just a different look at the same issue.

Or... tinfoil hats on. A push to use third party tools that circumvent the launcher! *dramatic music cue*

I think you're jumping to conclusions

In response to post #31664670. #31666055, #31668810 are all replies on the same post.

ksalmon87 wrote: THANK YOU SO MUCH, I'LL REPORT BACK :)

EDIT: STILL NOT WORKING FOR ME... "This save relies on content that is no longer present. Some objects may no longer be available. Continue Loading?"... what should i do?? to fix this??

p.s I have updated to the most recent NMM...
CourierSeisener0 wrote: Try loading the save, that message just means /something/ was changed (removed from the game) when you saved.

e.g. An armor mod was loaded, you opened up your save, saved the game, quit the game, disabled the mod, and went back in.

That message should not be fatal.

(Sorry if I didn't explain this very well.)
ksalmon87 wrote: ok I'll try again :) and report back

EDIT: Things seem to be ok so far, things are working again.. however i had a mod that gave me tv's and stuff to build but i dont see them now :(

In response to post #31664670. #31666055, #31668810, #31675230 are all replies on the same post.

EDIT: STILL NOT WORKING FOR ME... "This save relies on content that is no longer present. Some objects may no longer be available. Continue Loading?"... what should i do?? to fix this??

CourierSeisener0 wrote: Try loading the save, that message just means /something/ was changed (removed from the game) when you saved.

e.g. An armor mod was loaded, you opened up your save, saved the game, quit the game, disabled the mod, and went back in.

ksalmon87 wrote: EDIT: Things seem to be ok so far, things are working again.. however i had a mod that gave me tv's and stuff to build but i dont see them now :(

Make sure the ESPs were rechecked as well.

In response to post #31664670. #31666055, #31668810, #31675230, #31675605 are all replies on the same post.

ksalmon87 wrote: EDIT: Things seem to be ok so far, things are working again.. however i had a mod that gave me tv's and stuff to build but i dont see them now :(
PG1 wrote: Make sure the ESPs were rechecked as well.

If your plugins.txt was reset by the patched F4 launcher you need to enable the esps in the NMM plugins panel.
NMM will prevent this from happening again.

In response to post #31662115. #31662295, #31666485 are all replies on the same post.

BlindJudge wrote: Yesterday Bethesda released a patch for Fallout 4 which disabled mods from being run by resetting the plugins.txt file that contains all of the .esm/.esp entries for plugins that you had active. It had no mention of this in the release notes so people quite happily had Steam update their copies, only to find that when they went to boot up it said that the game had changed since their last save.

Today we have released NMM 0.61.3, this release will once again allow for you to run Fallout
4 directly from NMM with all your mods and build order intact. Big thanks to our elite developer Fabio for all the effort he put in to get this up and running so quickly (when he was meant to have a day off may I add!).

If you discover any issues, then please make sure that you make us aware in the feedback thread on the website and we’ll do our best to get it rectified as soon as possible.

Enjoy your time back in the Wasteland...

Paul (BlindJudge)
Paradoxical47 wrote: Thank you for fixing this so quickly, found it very annoying when out of the blue the game failed to play with the mods. Now after much messing about I have to start a new game...how sad!!
Angerl wrote: do we have to run the game in NMM or can we launch it directly from steam?

You need to re-enable esps using NMM, it will make sure the F4 launcher won't mess with the plugins.txt file again.
It's also better if you launch F4 through NMM.