Is it just me?

Hexxagone

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, it is just you that got the small map.

The rest of us got the life size super jumbo giant map.

Seriously: The game map is much smaller than Skyrim.

And being more vertical than horizonal makes it feel smaller.

Skyrim is bigger, but the middle of it is a big mountain that is mostly mountainside, with a teeny tiny usable space at the top of it. Things in Skyrim are also very spread out with a lot of nothing interesting in between, as you would expect in that kind of setting. In that kind of cold and miserable land, you expect a lot of big, empty snowfields with small clusters of civilization.

FO4 is smaller, but it's a lot more dense and it has more usable space in it.

Those long, empty roads in Skyrim make it feel even bigger than it is. Since you don't do as much boring walking in FO4, it seems even smaller.

That said, I was a bit disappointed in the limited size of it. When they first announced that the map would be roughly the same size as Skyrim, I was expecting something that was actually a lot worse than what we got. Still, when I reached the end of the map I was like "that's it?" It was very disappointing.

To be honest, BECAUSE it's more dense, and the building have more space inside than the tiny radiant caves in Skyrim, and I'm the compulsive exploring type, it actually felt a lot bigger than Skyrim to me. Probably took me a few RL hours just to get to Tenpint Bluff for the first quest after Concord, because I ran around and explored every cave and stuff in the way.

Skyrim is bigger, but the middle of it is a big mountain that is mostly mountainside, with a teeny tiny usable space at the top of it. Things in Skyrim are also very spread out with a lot of nothing interesting in between, as you would expect in that kind of setting. In that kind of cold and miserable land, you expect a lot of big, empty snowfields with small clusters of civilization.

Those long, empty roads in Skyrim make it feel even bigger than it is. Since you don't do as much boring walking in FO4, it seems even smaller.

That said, I was a bit disappointed in the limited size of it. When they first announced that the map would be roughly the same size as Skyrim, I was expecting something that was actually a lot worse than what we got. Still, when I reached the end of the map I was like "that's it?" It was very disappointing.

^

Skyrim is indeed bigger, but it filled with empty, wide areas(whiterun plain, the pale, the whole sea of ghost etc) and most have mountains that fill the place. Fo4 doesn't have mountains and it has more levels, like roofs and bridges. Also, the glowing sea is outside the map and that place it huge.

Fo4 is more, let say packed.