I'm Really Losing Interest - Is this game even worth finishing?

Nebrule

Shooters encourage and reward good reflexes... that's it... the only major decision to make in fallout 4 is which gun to use ;P.

Not really that major... because of how they did the damage and armor formula half the guns becomes useless by mid game.

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In all shooters I have played. You get an evil, natural and peaceful endings options. Survival options, better weapon damage and better stealth. So a shooter is something you guys want. But it seems aiming a gun and shooting it doesn't appeal to you.

RPG is not about dialogue options whatsoever. If that is true, then Pokémon, monster hunter, borderlands, tales of (name of the title here.) games, fire emblem, dragon quests, ff, darksouls, rune factory, disgaea, persona, 96% of JRPG and all story driven RPGs are not RPGs, and dating and novel games are and that is a big lie.

That only is a statement PC based RPG players say, who have least number of RPG types mind you. Trust me, go to your friend who owns a Wii, DS, PS and ask him/her what an RPG is. The only people who agree with you are PC RPG players. I just asked my sister, my gaming companion of 15 years across the systems and told her what you said, she looked at me funny.

Most RPGs don't have side quests.

Most RPGs don't have dialogue options more than use and no.

Most RPGs don't have a hollow character.

Most RPGs don't have evil options.

Most RPGs don't have classes system.

Most RPGa don't have skills.

Or most of life is one, big fat lie.

The RP in RPG can also mean being that already set character. Hence what most other RPGs are. It doesn't make sense RPG is about good quests and dialogue, it a game genre should never be up to it quality that never makes sense.

And yes, it can be both. RPG shooters are already a thing.

Shooters have a lot of gameplay options and peaceful and stealth options are there since ages ago. And if killing everything as fast as you can is not part of an RPG game, then what about aRPGs? You know, D games, POE and grim dawn and monster hunter?

That only true to fallout and TES games since they were CRPG in the in the roots and that is what are you talking about. You are saying what a CRPG is.

If fallout 4 has no side quests, only yes and no and more killing, it would still be an RPG, just not a CRPG.

You guys need a healthy dose of grim dawn, metro and stalker.

I don't think anyone's saying there can't be shooting in an RPG, only that the shooting part of it is given importance way beyond the story (role playing, quests) aspect of the game. It really can't be denied that many quests end up feeling the same because the only solution given is to blaze your way out of the situation -possibly more than FO3 and definitely much more than FNV. Consequently, the game itself takes on a decidedly FPS feel.

It's also rather meaningless to cast such a wide net in order to argue about RPG. We have definite precedents for this game that calls itself 'Fallout' and there's no denying they all had a lot of dialogue, dialogue options which also often depended on PC skills or traits or SPECIALs, exposition, major and minor factions, lengthy quests, side quests, etc. etc. These core elements do come across as being stripped down, or stripped down even further, in some cases completely done away with, in FO4 and it isn't by accident. They are a deliberate, conscious design choice by Beth. I for one can only interpret their choice(s) as a move away from what I enjoyed in FO4's predecessors so I don't waste time lamenting it.

• 2 months later...

If you are really losing interest, I would advise you to GTFO. I mean it. Just GTFO. Nobody wants to hear your whining. GTFO

Good lord, talk about whining. So you're saying this is a board only for people who express how much they love the game and not ones (like me) who paid their money and are disappointed? Some people love FO4, others are disappointed. That's just how it is, and there's nothing wrong with discussing both sides.

I read the OP and agree with every one of his points. And they were, fully articulated, points of discussion. (Unlike your post.) I haven't read the full thread, but it appears that lots of other people share his views. So very sorry if you can't stand reading stuff that isn't the same as your opinion.

Don't worry though, you'll eventually realize that accepting other people's opinions is part of growing up. In the meantime, quit YOUR whining.

(And, if you don't like other people's opinions where they differ from yours, you might want to rethink the idea of putting a 3-month old thread back at the top of the board.)

As I read on another site, FO4 is "Skyrim with guns". Same initially interesting model but with same 'ol same 'ol missions that go on ad nauseum until it bores you out of the game.

I think the biggest thing needed is an alternative start mod so you can define and determine your own destiny. No ham-fisted revenge mission / forced responsibility for settlers who somehow managed to start a settlement without enough food and water to live (duh).

(By way of example, for Skyrim my Alternative Start was to play as a Breton cleric char who's only motivation was to cleanse all of the undead from the land. No dragon words or whatever, just the base combat and magic system. That was a hundred hours of fun right there, and plenty more alternative starts for varied replays. What more do you need?)