Please do not endorse small mods.

MisterMaximvs

Endorsement is the way so that great mods can shine through hundreds of smaller mods. If not thousands?

Fallout 4 is already getting mods in the thousands, and they are mostly single retextures, character appearances for new games, single sound effect replacers, etc. Please do not endorse these mods, we want them at the bottom of the list.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes the "small" mods are the best ones. Like for example The "Footprints" mod for Skyrim, although small is one of my all time favourites. And what's a small mod anyway? A small program or script or small texture replacer or model relacer or what? How small does it have to be to not deserve any endorsements? Who are you to say what deserves an endorsement and what doesn't? What type of elitist nonsense is this?

Your problem is that you fear that when the larger mods come out some of them may not make it to the top of the most endorsed list as fast as they should and may be missed by the community at large. One solution is to focus more on the most endorsed mods in the last 24 hours, or the last week, as I usually do. I was thinking the same thing as you but really, Robco Certified and Darnified UI wont be hiding under robot home defense or UI++enhancedIMMERSION++ because these mods are much more feature rich and polished.

Some of us just can't wait.

http://s8.postimg.org/x22e92j6d/Capture.png

And if it helps you relax, the featured mods of the week or month or whatever are seem to me to be based on most endorsed in that time period, so you should still get enough attention for the big mods when they release. Not to mention the site mods usually do a news announcement when one of these "community staple" mods releases.

TL;DR Don't worry buddy, everything will be okay.
giphy.gif

TBH, I actually prefer small mods that I can combine to my taste, than big compilations that change three dozen things, and I don't want about three quarters of what's included. E.g., where I can't get a rebalancing of enemy levels, without also getting more city guards with katanas than even Japan ever had (especially before the Edo period.)

Just shows how diverse tastes are, really. Some of us actually LIKE small mods that do exactly what it says on the tin, and can be combined like lego blocks, some don't. Everyone endorses what they like in the end, and whether it fits anyone else's tastes, well, that's a whole other question.

personally I will always endorse a mod that I use, which does what it promises to do and does it well. I understand your point, but there are other ways for the special mods to stand out and since we can only give a thumbs up or down instead of a rating and since the endorsements aren't listed as a percentage of those who downloaded, they don't make a particularly good way of ranking mods anyway. it's more like a way of telling people who look at the mod that yes the people who tried it did find it useful