All those boarded up homes and stores...

yzerman19

I think it would be very beneficial for the modding community as a whole if there was some way to mark which locations are being renovated by certain modders. If multiple people have the idea of renovating these buildings with interiors, why have 8 different mods that address the same section of buildings, when if there was a little bit of communication the whole Wasteland could be filled with quality interiors.

One person trying to do all of them would just be quantity over quality.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it would be very beneficial for the modding community as a whole if there was some way to mark which locations are being renovated by certain modders. If multiple people have the idea of renovating these buildings with interiors, why have 8 different mods that address the same section of buildings, when if there was a little bit of communication the whole Wasteland could be filled with quality interiors.

One person trying to do all of them would just be quantity over quality.

Agreed. I've spent the past few minutes trying to figure out how you would label them to do this though - there aren't any street addresses. Is there a way to get solid map coordinates? That might be the best answer - i've never noticed a GPS function or console command to return map coords. The data is definitely in the game, since saves know where to load you when you come back.

I've been planning my own 'highrise/apartment building' quest mod, plus expecting others to do the same, so haven't really decided where I want to do it. I think there are a couple of big buildings (even Super Duper marts) that are completely boarded up.

On top of that, wonder how likely it is that a DLC would be adding entries into some of the larger buildings?

That doesn't resolve (or even stave off) potential conflicts though

Then players will sadly have to pick between two mods and what they wish to use the most.

The horror!

For real guys, just make the mods you want. Freaking out about such stuff will limit your creativity and modding. So what of there was 209490 mods that opens up all houses? They will still be vastly different in concept, ideals and quality.

Edited by Boombro

This would be cool, even if they are separate interior spaces added to a bunch of buildings. I know why, from a game design standpoint, that most of the buildings are closed off, it would be just too much to add to the game. But what bugged me more was the reason, in game, all these places were boarded up. I mean, after a nuclear war, who took the time to go around boarding up the windows and doors of almost every building in the whole city? You'd think the survivors of a catastrophe like that would have more pressing matters to deal with than whether the place next door can be entered or not. What I'm saying is, they should have thought up a better solution as to why these buildings can't be accessed.

That doesn't resolve (or even stave off) potential conflicts though

Then players will sadly have to pick between two mods and what they wish to use the most.

The horror!

For real guys, just make the mods you want. Freaking out about such stuff will limit your creativity and modding. So what of there was 209490 mods that opens up all houses? They will still be vastly different in concept, ideals and quality.

Status quo thinking is the enemy of ingenuity. Why not use our creative thinking skills to come up with a way for modders to enjoy more of the mods they love at the same time?

That's what modders do, right? Try to make a better game.

Enjoy more of the mods they like at the same time that do the same thing? Why people can't just use one for one run and another for the next run?

Will it be helpful? No, hardly. So what if the mod "lucky nerd." Added a strip club filled with sex robots owned by the PC where I want to place a town fill of tame deathclaws? I would just tell the players to not use it. What? You like lucky nerd? Then say bye to tame deathclaws who can sell you guns.

You think this would be helpful, but trust me, it only a brother with big hot mods that are vastly known by everyone. I don't thinks modders would care for 1-5 player homes in the very same spot, a small town, tiny quest using the very same space and It super unlikely expect the mod is very high scale and covers a wide area. Nor I think everyone would keep up the list going, care or would be able to list every thing.

I think Fallout 4 is gonna be pretty special in a few years...

The more I play this game, the more I'm coming to the same conclusion. There is so much potential for mods to open up new areas/ adventures. Think "World of Pain" (one of my faves all-time) x 100!