Better (vanilla) arsenal: what 10mm Modifications would you like to see?

vashts1985

im currently working on some tweaks and improvements to vanilla weapons, starting with the 10mm.

http://i.imgur.com/yHdqTLT.jpg

stuff im implementing: (? means thinking about it)

new Receivers:

.50 cal conversion - massive damage, reduced fire rate, increased recoil.

.45 cal conversion ?

????

new sight options:

all sights have a recon version

Match sights - add crit chance based on perception

Scopes ?

???

New grip options:

Carbine Stock - vastly improves recoil. improves sighted accuracy.

???

new attachments:

longer barrel ?

Bayonet ?

Face Puncher ?

Tactical Light ?

have ideas to improve the 10mm pistol with additional crafted modifications? feel free to share. if it seems feasible i will see about implementing them.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh man that stock is awesome, the one from the recent more weapon mods mod kinda turns the gun into sci-fi pseudo-XM8 (though it's nice to have more than 1 stock for variance) that would be unable to cycle it's slide.

Some ideas:

Medium barrel for the pseudo BAR (Combat Rifle)....currently both in-game and in the more wep mods mod there are only long and LMG ones.

Drum magazine for the 10mm pistol - makes reload really slow but has a high capacity like 50-60 rounds; makes nice combo with a full auto receiver

Hammerless conversion for the .44 revolver, worse accuracy better shooting speed http://i41.tinypic.com/2csea1z.jpg

Citykiller conversion parts for the auto shotgun.... just remodel the stock and handguard, no need for real bullpup cause anims won't work anyway http://orig11.deviantart.net/9cea/f/2014/008/c/8/fallout_combat_shotgun_winchester_city_killer_by_urlag-d71cv16.jpg

Shell rack for the sniper/hunting rifle: http://guideimg.alibaba.com/images/shop/2015/12/20/57/ultimate-arms-gear-tactical-stealth-black-13-round-rifle-ammo-shot-shell-cartridge-hunting-stock-buttstock-slip-over-car_13287557.jpeg increases magazine size by like a few? I know it makes no sense but hey it's Fallout anyway

Opened bipod for the sniper/hunting rifle.... there's a closed one that several mods re-add but no one did an opened one I believe

Tacticool receiver for the sniper/hunting rifle http://14544-presscdn-0-64.pagely.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/img_5166-tfb1.jpg

That's all I got for ya mate

I agree along the lines of hunterh98 ... Maybe several receivers that shoot special ammo/projectile...

But my tastes are a little more tame ... Maybe hollow points with increased chance of cripple ... :cool:

Would you please share with us the secret of the addon stock to the pistol grip ??? I would love to do that to some of my guns...

I agree along the lines of hunterh98 ... Maybe several receivers that shoot special ammo/projectile...

But my tastes are a little more tame ... Maybe hollow points with increased chance of cripple ... :cool:

Would you please share with us the secret of the addon stock to the pistol grip ??? I would love to do that to some of my guns...

i just copied some of shape stacks from other vanilla assets into a duplicated wooden grip nif in nifskope and reorganized the records. it took a bit of trial and error. i will see about making a tut.

Say, what mod that shows your GPU usage, temp (and maybe frame rate) on the top left of your screenshot?

I personally like the idea of a weapon that can be tactically modified on the field. Like watching enough spy movies (or spec ops movies) that when needed, we can flip out to get a longer buttstock (like the case of M4 rifle), or screw in a silencer, or attaching a scope. These are real weapon mods in real life.

I don't think we can do something like this in game just yet. But I do like the idea for a 10mm pistol to be transformable. Super long barrel (even as long as the one Joker has) with that sniper buttstock in your screenshot ... add in a scope, and it becomes a portable sniper rifle.

How about a light, or a tactical laser sight? Helmet Illumination mod is able to put a light on a helmet. And Legendary Lamp Overhaul is able to create a laser sight (although I can't seem to get it to work). So there is a laser sight mod, it would be awesome. (not sure if you can turn off the interference with sneak). It would be super to see a red beam coming off someone's gun (either your companion or a raider). Legendary Lamp Overhaul did mention it is hard for him to attach the "beam" correctly, and Helmet Illumination's author had a hard time lining up the light source. So I say, screw the light source ... it can be off. Just get the beam to aim correctly and I am happy :)

Someone said Mininuke, that be can a bit ridiculous, but ... maybe a mini grenade launcher? Well it's still a mininuke, but with a lot less power (and a lot more practical). Ever try to nuke someone in the same building? That's your death sentence.

Edited by tomomi1922

Say, what mod that shows your GPU usage, temp (and maybe frame rate) on the top left of your screenshot?

I personally like the idea of a weapon that can be tactically modified on the field. Like watching enough spy movies (or spec ops movies) that when needed, we can flip out to get a longer buttstock (like the case of M4 rifle), or screw in a silencer, or attaching a scope. These are real weapon mods in real life.

I don't think we can do something like this in game just yet. But I do like the idea for a 10mm pistol to be transformable. Super long barrel (even as long as the one Joker has) with that sniper buttstock in your screenshot ... add in a scope, and it becomes a portable sniper rifle.

How about a light, or a tactical laser sight? Helmet Illumination mod is able to put a light on a helmet. And Legendary Lamp Overhaul is able to create a laser sight (although I can't seem to get it to work). So there is a laser sight mod, it would be awesome. (not sure if you can turn off the interference with sneak). It would be super to see a red beam coming off someone's gun (either your companion or a raider). Legendary Lamp Overhaul did mention it is hard for him to attach the "beam" correctly, and Helmet Illumination's author had a hard time lining up the light source. So I say, screw the light source ... it can be off. Just get the beam to aim correctly and I am happy :smile:

Someone said Mininuke, that be can a bit ridiculous, but ... maybe a mini grenade launcher? Well it's still a mininuke, but with a lot less power (and a lot more practical). Ever try to nuke someone in the same building? That's your death sentence.

its not a F04 mod, its MSI afterburner. there are others, they are based off of an old nvidia tool called riva tuner. dont know if there is a similar tool for AMD.

as for being able to field attach mods like suppressors and stocks, that might be a bit convoluted for gameplay, but for those dedicated, i could see it being pretty cool. i had and idea to overhaul the modding system so you literally have to disassemble the gun in a "world of guns: gun disassembly" mini-game style fashion to replace parts and make changes. that would probably be alot of animation work and involve extensive use of FOSE though.

idk how possible laser sights are at the moment. it would be nice though.

any extreme or crazy ammo like nuke rounds would be in the realm of legendary mods imo. i like the idea of modded in legendary effects, but id like to have a system in place that has requirements, like special modules that are consumed to create the mod. those modules can drop off legendary mobs instead of the weapons. to me that would make legendary crafting fun, but not feel cheaty.

I believe that there is a mod that puts the stuff off the PowerArmor Head piece into recon scope, so that you highlight enemies...

I am using Steam to get just the FPS in my corner, but I do believe that is MSI AfterBurner that the OP is using...

Theoretically, if you could find in game (or make in a 3d graphics program), you could get a tactical flashlight device into the game. I am a little unsure as to how you would "hack" it onto gun... Maybe vashts1985 could do his grip/recoil stock trick on a barrel to make it work...

@vashts1985: if you could do a little tutorial on that and send me a link, that would be incredibly awesome !!! NifSkope gives me fits, although I was able to BAE export the Baby Rattle and re-introduce it into the game as a weapon called the BattleRattle... I got it in at first, but the damn thing was on the ground between my feet... Took quite a bit of "tweaking" to get it into my hand... LOL Hopefully, I am going to get that uploaded today...

On being able to work on weapons in the field, that sounds intriguing... Take an object like a screwdriver/wrench/"thing-a-mabob" and export/reintroduce it like I did the baby rattle, and then give it attributes of a weapons workstation... That would be too sweet...

I agree on bumping requirements for Legendary type attributes... Just bump the "nuclear material" and "anti-ballistic fiber" CMPO needed...

Something I have wondered how to get in the game is a working Damage Meter ... I hate to reference WoW, but that was an invaluable tool in that game... Of course, now we are talking getting into scripting and things like that...

Edited by robtest

@vashts1985: if you could do a little tutorial on that and send me a link, that would be incredibly awesome !!! NifSkope gives me fits, although I was able to BAE export the Baby Rattle and re-introduce it into the game as a weapon called the BattleRattle... I got it in at first, but the damn thing was on the ground between my feet... Took quite a bit of "tweaking" to get it into my hand... LOL Hopefully, I am going to get that uploaded today...

to do what you want you really want 3d max or blender, and it may be possible to use nifskope as an intermediary. nifskope has rudimentary transform tools, and it sounds like thats what you did and the exact thing i did for the stock. after pasting in the shape branches i just poked the meshes again and again with the transform until it looked passable. i might try to port the deagle into 4 from 3 just to see if everything still works as i remember.

if you hare having specific problems feel free to pm me, dont know if i can help but i will try.

i should say that stock really was proof of concept. i do like the design, but a final model would be a bit more custom fitted to the gun.