Vault Girl Mod Development Thread

Deleted4077875User

I think this is the first and only topic I have followed. Am really looking forward to this so when I play as a female character the game will rightfully reflect it as such.

I wish you all the best of luck, and thank you for all the work you are putting into this.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you mean having an option that is similar to Shadman's Cherchez la femme perk (or one of his other icons that are similar) as an option for lover's embrace? Yeah I could do something like that.

Shad's drawings are great, but for this mod I want to keep it somewhat sfw (and other modders have already been porting his art directly into the game) also I want to keep the icons similar to what Bethesda made. So I won't reuse his art unless it fits too well not to.

However I've been talking with Mxker and they might make a Vault Meat Mod based on my mod. He's started making an animation for Vault Girl Mod.

Edited by Guest

Brief side question: what program would one use to insert/replace sprites in VATSMenu.swf? JPEXS Flash Decomplier?

AnTiWoMaAgNoT is using Sothink flash decompiler. Going to try giving him the flash files today/soon so he can give it a shot. Something else is to make sure the vector graphics you insert have the same aspect ratio as the originals. I think that's important for having the animation appear without distortion and lining everything up properly.

Also thanks people for your support. Seeing that other people are excited is part of what motivates me to work on the mod (and that I'm making a mod I want as well, and it's a great excuse to get into flash animation).

I used JPEXS for some things like the inventory screen and the default mission icon. It won't replace stuff with vector graphics, and bit map graphics appear sort of jaggy (which isn't that bad underneath the pipboy distortions). Also putting in png files can cause green squares to appear when the game doesn't load the icons correctly.

Edited by Guest

Pro lurker reporting. bigCman123 speaketh the truth.

I am helping with the Vault Girl mod where and when I can.

However I am still learning the basics of Flash, which wouldn't be too hard to master (but still, bear with me).

Eventually I will redraw the icons into Vault Meat alternatives.

This means the icons would connect with what they should represent.

I am still pondering on replacing mission- and quest icons, as there are ALOT.

Since I am now practically hijacking the thread I will stop here.

You will see a thread dedicated to Vault Meat when I am ready to do so.

BUT BEFORE THAT HAPPENS Vault Girl will have to be on its way to completion.

Do you mean having an option that is similar to Shadman's Cherchez la femme perk (or one of his other icons that are similar) as an option for lover's embrace? Yeah I could do something like that.

Shad's drawings are great, but for this mod I want to keep it somewhat sfw (and other modders have already been porting his art directly into the game) also I want to keep the icons similar to what Bethesda made. So I won't reuse his art unless it fits too well not to.

However I've been talking with Mxker and they might make a Vault Meat Mod based on my mod. He's started making an animation for Vault Girl Mod.

Just asking, but hell, it's beautiful and one of the mods I'm thoroughly excited for. As for the Cherchez la femme perk icon of Shadman, that'd be an awesome alternative you could add for some of us <3

Pro lurker reporting. bigCman123 speaketh the truth.

I am helping with the Vault Girl mod where and when I can.

However I am still learning the basics of Flash, which wouldn't be too hard to master (but still, bear with me).

Eventually I will redraw the icons into Vault Meat alternatives.

This means the icons would connect with what they should represent.

I am still pondering on replacing mission- and quest icons, as there are a lot.

Since I am now practically hijacking the thread I will stop here.

You will see a thread dedicated to Vault Meat when I am ready to do so.

BUT BEFORE THAT HAPPENS Vault Girl will have to be on its way to completion.

Could you make both a SFW and a NSFW option? Just a paranoid guy's wish - heh.