⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Vault Girl Mod Development Thread

Deleted4077875User

Just a thought; should the "America Lives On in You" poster include Canada in the country's shape, given it was incorporated?

I kept the shape the same as Bethesda had it and do not plan to change it.

now that the ck is out. can I suggest a character creation version of which I mean when you create your character you pic boy or girl and have your mod linked to it so if someone makes a female they see vault girl if they make a man they see vault boy.

I don't know how to do that and have never used the CK before (and am busy working on other things at the moment). If you figure it out or someone else does, let me know!

Hey, BgCman. I saw you had artwork to replace the criticalhit proc and various others, but I couldn't find them in the vaultboy>perk folder anywhere. Also, I tried to change the speech challenge proc vaultboy, but it didn't seem to work. I thought it was PerkClip_d9793, but it still didn't show when I exchanged it. Any tips? Or have you run in the same issue?

Critical hit notification is kept within the Vatsmenu, and speech challenge notification is kept in the dialogmenu. You'll need a flash decompiler. The author of the My Little Pony SPECIAL menu mod has some files to help mod authors.

Is there a version of this that is compatible with the new update?.. Beth decided to mess with stuff again.. and now it's broke. :sad:

Sorry I haven't made it yet. I haven't been playing any Fallout lately and have been working on other projects (don't worry I will get back to Vault Girl Mod and get it working again, but don't expect me to make all the perks, I don't have enough free time anymore). However you can probably just delete the hudmenu file and then it will work.

Will there be a version of the mod compatible with NewDialog? Love the mod so far! can't wait for release

New Dialog will be high on the priority list when I get around to making patches. However it's tricky because if they update their mod it could break the patch.

What exactly changes hudmenu.swf in the game?

I changed the little notifications that pop up in the top left corner to have vault girl. Many other things are their own file in the perks folder.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been told that a version with a non-jiggling chest in the pip-boy will be released soon. I have to wonder why a jiggling version is even necessary. I wanted this mod because I'm a girl, and I want to be represented in the game. I should have known I can't have my cake and eat it without a massive, bouncing chest. Thank you for at least thinking of those that aren't looking for something sexed up in a future version. Can't help but feel slightly frustrated and disappointed.

Massive bouncing chest? Are you f-ing serious? You wanna know what makes me frustrated? This kind of feminism.

1. It's a freaking game

2. Bewbs bounce.. that's what they do. Maybe you should look down more often while walking.

3. BigC can do with his Mod whatever he wants.. and if i recall correctly he even made a statement about the bewbs a while ago.

vaultgirlbigcdzznn.jpg

Who ever told you.. does either know more than me (not that i know everything) or lied to you.

Now how about you take your feminism to some place where its more important like mutilation, young girls being married to old guys or unfair treatment at workplaces.

I would gladly assist you against stuff like that.

You might hate me for saying that.. heck i might even get a (un)friendly knock from a mod. But it doesnt change the truth.

And before you start writing me a book long reply to this.. let me remind you that this is a Development Thread. Let's stop here and don't go too much Off-Topic.

Massive bouncing chest? Are you f-ing serious? You wanna know what makes me frustrated? This kind of feminism.

1. It's a freaking game

2. Bewbs bounce.. that's what they do. Maybe you should look down more often while walking.

3. BigC can do with his Mod whatever he wants.. and if i recall correctly he even made a statement about the bewbs a while ago.

vaultgirlbigcdzznn.jpg

Who ever told you.. does either know more than me (not that i know everything) or lied to you.

Now how about you take your feminism to some place where its more important like mutilation, young girls being married to old guys or unfair treatment at workplaces.

You might hate me for saying that.. heck i might even get a (un)friendly knock from a mod. But it doesnt change the truth.

And before you start writing me a book long reply to this.. let me remind you that this is a Development Thread. Let's stop here and don't go too much Off-Topic.

I knew this would be turned into some war on feminism. I give absolutely 0 you-know-whats about feminism. The comment had nothing to do with cultural, or "equal-rights" issues. The lady bits bounce way too much, and the animation is silly. There's no need for it. My suggestion is regarding the development. Hopefully, the mod author is less offended than you and takes my criticism with a better attitude. Kthnx.

Enshallah. You are on point, with that statement. Extremely boring seeing faux-feminists fight battles in places where the war has already been won. What a wasted effort, that does nothing to help women who are actually being marginalized and abused.

That being said, peachiepie7's aesthetic suggestions are fair, and while I sympathize with her position, her characterization of the mod being "sexed up" does not seem fair. At the end of the day, this is a mod which you don't have to use, and by page 48 of the thread, I think the artist's direction for the mod is pretty clear...

It's just frustrating. I finally found a mod that works that allows me to have a vault girl, and then I open up the pip-boy and see the over-done jiggles. (They don't jiggle that much just from walking, btw. Maybe a light jog? It is a cartoon, so that's why it's over-animated, I'm assuming.)

I was more trying to get info on the version without the animation, hoping that would come out soon, and looking to encourage the need for it. My boyfriend mentioned that it was something that might come out later on.

THIS HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH FEMINISM. Let's please not make it that? I can't say I'm not frustrated by the sexy lady trope in gaming, but that wasn't the point of the post at all.

This is just rude. Talking bad about his hard work.

BigC is the creator and has every right to make it look like he wants.

We have a simple rule here. If you don't like something, move along.

BigC spends a lot of time and effort on this mod - talking bad about it and making him feel bad is just f-ing rude and unacceptable in my book.

Do it yourself then..

It's just frustrating. I finally found a mod that works that allows me to have a vault girl, and then I open up the pip-boy and see the over-done jiggles. (They don't jiggle that much just from walking, btw. Maybe a light jog? It is a cartoon, so that's why it's over-animated, I'm assuming.)

I was more trying to get info on the version without the animation, hoping that would come out soon, and looking to encourage the need for it. My boyfriend mentioned that it was something that might come out later on.

THIS HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH FEMINISM. Let's please not make it that? I can't say I'm not frustrated by the sexy lady trope in gaming, but that wasn't the point of the post at all.

Understandable, like I said. Seems like a lot of work for such a minor change, but maybe the mod author can help you out.

This is just rude. Talking bad about his hard work.

BigC is the creator and has every right to make it look like he wants.

We have a simple rule here. If you don't like something, move along.

BigC spends a lot of time and effort on this mod - talking bad about it and making him feel bad is just f-ing rude and unacceptable in my book.

Do it yourself then..

Chill out firuu. I don't think she came here wanting to be rude. A large portion (or all) of her criticism is constructive/subjective and carefully worded. The two of us obviously don't agree with the criticism, but she has the right to voice it.

Sounds like you have more emotion behind this than I do. I don't think suggesting that an animation is off-kilter is rude. At least he has fanboys like you? I doubt he needs them. I'm sure that you were more off-put than the author. This is constructive criticism, and there is absolutely no rule against it. I am using the mod, but as I said before, I'm hopeful that this other version may come out soon.

To the mod author - not the deranged fan club: I nearly never comment on a mod, but I felt strong enough about this to make a suggestion. If you ignore it, okay. Just my 2 cents. Thanks for reading.