Vault Girl Mod Development Thread

Deleted4077875User

So should i let this mod overwrite whatever file it aksed in DEF_UI?Just to be sure.because i just got CTD upon choosing AID section ( latest DEF UI and VIS, using DEF INV only-no DEF HUD), it never ever happened before, so i guess the new 1.9.2 version may have overwrite sth important in DEF_UI.

Edited by xheox

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So should i let this mod overwrite whatever file it aksed in DEF_UI?Just to be sure.because i just got CTD upon choosing AID section ( latest DEF UI and VIS, using DEF INV only-no DEF HUD), it never ever happened before, so i guess the new 1.9.2 version may have overwrite sth important in DEF_UI.

1.9.2 shouldn't have any changes to def_UI patches that were not already in 1.9. Did you pick the correct patch? Also did you use 1.9 previously and have any problems?

I don't think that not overwriting files should cause a crash. However you should be okay overwriting files if you selected the patch you want.

What options in the mod did you pick (pertaining to the inventory/def_UI)? Did you install any other new mods before running the game that could cause the crash?

Edited by Guest

Pretty much basic , Def INV, 16:9 ratio, no component tags, no xml file option ( all that option choosing in VIS), im using with pip pad, Satelite Color map... Will test the game more when i have time. Use 1.9.1 for a short while but no problem. No new mod installed either.

Edited by xheox

1.9.2 shouldn't have any changes to def_UI patches that were not already in 1.9. Did you pick the correct patch? Also did you use 1.9 previously and have any problems?

I don't think that not overwriting files should cause a crash. However you should be okay overwriting files if you selected the patch you want.

What options in the mod did you pick (pertaining to the inventory/def_UI)? Did you install any other new mods before running the game that could cause the crash?

Ok, can confirm that letting Pipboy_InvPage.swf on this mod overwrite DEF_UI cause CTD on entering Group item in pip-boy (like AIDS,...) it not randomly, i try 2 time it crash both, i re-install and let DEF_UI overwrite this mod ,its fine again.

Im using Pip pad,Satelite 4k color map, Pip-pad tron boy retex, they works fine toghether, as i see your mod dont have Materials file so it shouldnt conflict with Pip-pad .

Edited by xheox

I recently tried installing the most recent release of the mod, and i have had no trouble installing the previous versions, but for whatever reason the newest release seems to be giving me an issue related to .xml files from def_ui even though i didn't install any of the def_ui patches or options. I load into the game and all i get is this huge message saying to run and .exe file that i don't have.

https://puu.sh/vk5T0.jpg

Edited by JRV2015

I recently tried installing the most recent release of the mod, and i have had no trouble installing the previous versions, but for whatever reason the newest release seems to be giving me an issue related to .xml files from def_ui even though i didn't install any of the def_ui patches or options. I load into the game and all i get is this huge message saying to run and .exe file that i don't have.

Â

https://puu.sh/vk5T0.jpg

Are you using hudframework or the hudframework patch? Do you have def_ui installed?

The hudframework patch includes the def_ui patch. If that is the source of the problem I'll make a hudmenu patch that does not also patch for Def_ui.

Does anyone else have problem with the Hud Piece in Sim Settlements not showing up? (If you have picked vault girl - Hud Framework and Def UI compatibility patch)

Edit: After some testing it seems this Mod don't have anything to do with my problem.

Edited by tobias K L