Vault Girl Mod Development Thread

Deleted4077875User

Right now I'm getting a strange incompatibility with this mod - I'm trying to run it side by side with DEF_UI, Horizon (adds sub menus to DEF_UI primarily for keys/holotapes/etc) and Gold Kit for Color Pipboy.

I'm trying to look through the files myself to see what the conflict is, but running it in the order of DEF_UI, Horizon, GoldKit, Color Pipboy then Vault Girl crashes the game whenever one of Horizon's aforementioned submenus is accessed.

I haven't looked into the files too closely thus far but I think the issue is most likely tied to conflcting DEF_HUD.xml files (as they all use them). I'll see if I can fix it myself and maybe send a compatiblity patch everybody's way when I do.

Finally was wondering, as Horizon (http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/17374) has gotten to pretty crazy levels of popularity, is there any possiblity of compatible .swf/icons between Vault Girl and it once perk changes are released? Horizon edits some of the perks to be completely different so old icons wouldn't make too much sense. Regardless, great work and I appreciate your efforts on this.

Also any possibility of the other custom vault girl heads being available where they currently aren't (i.e. pixie girl being a head option for perks).

If it's being caused by the xml files then I can delete them in the next update to the mod. As for making edits to perks to match edits made by that mod. I would need to know more about what that mod actually changes before considering it.

I will not be making the stats menu head options available for perks. The amount of work that would require would be ridiculous. They are just for the status menu. The only reason I made so many options is because in that menu the head is a separate file from the body, it makes it very easy to make more options. There are like just under 20 different animation files for the body, but only one file for the head (which includes several different states of wellness).

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know if anyone else has run into this, but when I clicked the mediafire link to download this mod, my browser ended up caught by a malware ad: I had to restart my computer to get rid of it. Probably a mediafire issue, but one you might want to think about if you have any other options to host the mod.

hi bigCman 123, i was looking for a cool and interesting mods for ingame HUDs, icons, interface and those cool perks poping up animations, and found your mod occasionally.

i think its a great mod and you are doing a really great work on it, i hope you keep up with the updates, looking foward to see the final versions, take your time! cheers :D

Hello there bigCman123 and friends. I used your vault girl mod throughout my newvegas games and I am delighted to see you work on a version for fallout 4. You truly are a sun in my days and I want to provide you with all my thanks. So thanks you for all your work, making this game slightly more interesting and enjoyable.

Have a great day.

I don't know if anyone else has run into this, but when I clicked the mediafire link to download this mod, my browser ended up caught by a malware ad: I had to restart my computer to get rid of it. Probably a mediafire issue, but one you might want to think about if you have any other options to host the mod.

I'll look into hosting on another site with the next update. Maybe Mega. Have other people had problems?

hi bigCman 123, i was looking for a cool and interesting mods for ingame HUDs, icons, interface and those cool perks poping up animations, and found your mod occasionally.

i think its a great mod and you are doing a really great work on it, i hope you keep up with the updates, looking foward to see the final versions, take your time! cheers :D

Thank you for the kind words.

Hello there bigCman123 and friends. I used your vault girl mod throughout my newvegas games and I am delighted to see you work on a version for fallout 4. You truly are a sun in my days and I want to provide you with all my thanks. So thanks you for all your work, making this game slightly more interesting and enjoyable.

Have a great day.

Glad you're enjoying the mod. :)

Do the files have nsfw right now or is that yet to be added? Any clue around when it'll be done?

If you mean like nudity and explicit things, it's not gonna happen.

I have had better experiences with Mega personally.

I also greatly enjoy the mod. Though i have a strange bug where rhe Strong back perk is a little white vault boy. This is the only perk like it and your mod is the only one that should be affecting the chart. I dont think it is yours though i was just wondering if you have heard of anything on this?

And now a request for the future. So you have the one head that has a blindfold and i was wondering if said blindfold could be applied to the Alt head (exculding hairband)?

Just for statistics, I am also lacking any rank stars on the Perk Chart other than the SPECIALs at the top.

Thanks for heads up. Hopefully we can get a fix for that but I don't know to fix those kind of problems with the Perk Chart.

I have had better experiences with Mega personally.

I also greatly enjoy the mod. Though i have a strange bug where rhe Strong back perk is a little white vault boy. This is the only perk like it and your mod is the only one that should be affecting the chart. I dont think it is yours though i was just wondering if you have heard of anything on this?

And now a request for the future. So you have the one head that has a blindfold and i was wondering if said blindfold could be applied to the Alt head (exculding hairband)?

I've been told there are some visual glitches with the Hudmenu that happen in the process of exporting it. Lazyradly has been looking into that. No guarantee there will fixes for stuff like that until it gets replaces with custom animations. Lazyradly did manage to get the perkchart to show controller buttons again. That will eventually be updated in the mod. I can add blindfolded Vault Girl as options for the status screen in a future update.