If you were the Wanderer IRL, who would you have sided with?

LordElfa

I'd side with the Minutemen, bring a bit of sanity to the Railroad. The BoS is toast though.

Once you start on the "for your own good" kinda thing, my hackles rise.

Institute..... all that tech and med facilities could be put to good use. Have to pound some sense into them too.

If that fails, well, then they get the boot as well. Save as much as possible to use in rebuilding.

After that, just take care of the pure badguys. Ferals, mutants, raiders, gunners, and bugs.

(I would of course encourage a red light district though. Have to have a place to go to unwind and relax after a

hard day) :P

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First thing exiting the pod anyone would do is choke, spit their lungs, choke more, crawl, freeze and cry. You've just been awaken abruptly from a process that might as well be imperfect (bunch of other people died without reason if I recall right).

Yeah no doubt. All of these games sort of down play the exiting of the vault. It was one thing for previous games where you were born in the vault and didn't know what life before the war was like, but in FO4 I feel like the lone survivor would have a mental breakdown as soon as they got to the top of that lift. When you think about real life and how people must feel when a bad tornado or hurricane rips through their town, imagine how you'd feel if the entire world was like that. The only real sign of shock is the voiced dialog that says something like "giant roaches, what's going on here" or whatever they say. If I woke up and found everyone I knew was dead, and I find some roaches that are the size of small dogs, and then I exit out into a destroyed world, and then go back to my old neighborhood and find that it's in ruins...PLUS my wife/husband were just murdered right in front of me, AND my son is missing....I mean damn. Is there any more legit reason for a person to curl up in the fetal position and cry?

First thing exiting the pod anyone would do is choke, spit their lungs, choke more, crawl, freeze and cry. You've just been awaken abruptly from a process that might as well be imperfect (bunch of other people died without reason if I recall right).

Yeah no doubt. All of these games sort of down play the exiting of the vault. It was one thing for previous games where you were born in the vault and didn't know what life before the war was like, but in FO4 I feel like the lone survivor would have a mental breakdown as soon as they got to the top of that lift. When you think about real life and how people must feel when a bad tornado or hurricane rips through their town, imagine how you'd feel if the entire world was like that. The only real sign of shock is the voiced dialog that says something like "giant roaches, what's going on here" or whatever they say. If I woke up and found everyone I knew was dead, and I find some roaches that are the size of small dogs, and then I exit out into a destroyed world, and then go back to my old neighborhood and find that it's in ruins...PLUS my wife/husband were just murdered right in front of me, AND my son is missing....I mean damn. Is there any more legit reason for a person to curl up in the fetal position and cry?

That's only a matter of how quickly a person's mind accepts new things.

Ok that's true, but realistically do you think you'd just stroll out of the vault and go off jogging through the woods? The military background might help but I dunno. That's a lot for anyone to process all at once. I think most people would still be in shock just from watching their spouse get shot in the face.

Ok that's true, but realistically do you think you'd just stroll out of the vault and go off jogging through the woods? The military background might help but I dunno. That's a lot for anyone to process all at once. I think most people would still be in shock just from watching their spouse get shot in the face.

It would be alot to handle but I'd be so full of rage after seeing my wife murdered and son stolen, that I'd just run off into the freshly cleansed world for vengeance... with my 10mm pistol! :D

It would be a lot to handle but I'd be so full of rage after seeing my wife murdered and son stolen, that I'd just run off into the freshly cleansed world for vengeance... with my 10mm pistol! :D

And instantly get trashed by the highly adapted flora and fauna, as well as the random radiation pockets..

It would be a lot to handle but I'd be so full of rage after seeing my wife murdered and son stolen, that I'd just run off into the freshly cleansed world for vengeance... with my 10mm pistol! :D

And instantly get trashed by the highly adapted flora and fauna, as well as the random radiation pockets..

What do you mean trashed? I didn't notice any trashing by flora and fauna. You don't have to change the rules of this just for me :cool:

It´s not an easy question..but my take on things considered,I´d probably join the BoS..I don´t give a rats ass for Settlers or Minutemen anymore.. Preston Garvey can go hang himself for all i care and the Settlers??..Holy maloney! Do they do anything?? besides lounging,scrounging and bein lazy gits with no more incentive to work than an average hipster?? I mean, come-on!.. wash yourselves,clean your freaking houses and get rid of the crap in the streets!.. lazy,goodfornuthing bums!..the Institute gives me the creeps..Humans as the Masters and Slave-labour galore... yuks!..Science is fine Scientists with power is a recipe for disaster or total regulation of your life.. I mean i live in a world now thats being so regulated by arsewipes who think they are in their right to tell me how to live..(don´t smoke,don´t drink,don´t eat meat,don´t hurt anybodys feeeeelingzzzes)...If the world as we know it ended i´d light up a cigar,open a bottle of Vodka and just say "Thank God!!"... moving on... The Railroad??.. I know i´m supposed to feel all gooey and warm when they save the poor synths and yap about all lives matter.."*ban me*!!"..I hate the creepy Synths,i murder Raiders and obliterate any Ghoul i come across..and the Super-Mutants?.. I gladly make a detour from my planned route just to kill the sumb*thces..I absolutely hate the dumbass F*cks...so I´m left with the Brotherhood..Like an Errant Knight in medieval Europe I´d sign up with the Strongest leader and thereby advance my self and my familys future..sure they have the rattiest uniforms in the world..who in their right mind would think a shitcoloured jumpsuit is just the ticket??..clearly it was not an European who designed that piece of "ohmyGod"...So Brotherhood it is.. after killing Marcy Long,kicking her husbands ass for being a p*ssy and telling Garvey to stuff it...only one of that crew worth his salt is Sturges.. and mama Murphy?..i+d leave her to her junkie-heaven..."Life's a b*tch and if you don't die now ...you will,I guarantee it "

You sound more like a guy who would build a shack somewhere, barrack it walls and will shoot anything coming close while getting high of jet.

first thing to do.. except the Jet ..drugs are for pussies..I'd probably round up a few good men and women and start my own Fief..allied with the BoS ..just like the old days before democracy and all that crap...

What do you mean trashed? I didn't notice any trashing by flora and fauna. You don't have to change the rules of this just for me :cool:

I'm applying real life to the question asked. If we're only allowing game logic, then yea, I'd go out, round up the minutemen (I'm still pissed at the BoS for sending me to that glowing hole in the ground as a joke...), start taking raiders down, loot everything, sell what we don't need, gear up, stealthy take on the BoS fortress, then take on Diamond City (or have it join us peacefully if they want to). Once all is settled, time to find out where the institute is, take it out and claim it's structures and tech for my kingdom.

but in real life I'd die first 5 minutes most likely, since I'm not super soldier like some of you seem to :P

Btw, meds in game are pretty much the drugs in real life renamed for censorship purposes. Thus, taking them would quickly end with me as a fiendish apparition begging for a cap or two. Nah, I'm good.