Fallout 4 1.3 Steam Beta Update Live

SirSalami

In response to post #33485500. #33489495, #33492560 are all replies on the same post.

bladexdsl wrote:

In response to post #33458975.

bladexdsl wrote:

Does this patch make it a RPG?

LOL WAT?

Yeah it's no real RPG. Just because you get levels, doesn't make it an RPG. ^^
But it's more RPG than Fallout 1-2 ever was, if you ask me.

so because it doesn't have magic and spells, anime characters in tight skimpy clothing and little girl characters with big tits it's not an rpg?! :laugh:

Evilken42 wrote: More like the pacing and the perk system is completely antithesis of common Western RPG's. Say what you want, but the perk system is completely against any common logic of RPG's.
Darg727 wrote: Sorry, but RPG's only follow one rule: you play a role in a story with player character development/progression. FO4 has that in spades. Just because the story or character development is nonlinear does not mean a game is not an RPG. There are no strict guidelines.

So Witcher 3 isn't a RPG? As far as I knew, it was one of the best RPGs around. However, it has a perk-like system and I disagree with them calling it skills. Then again, maybe my definition is different. They can call it a Talent tree, a perk tree, so on and so on, but you don't get better in anything except through unlocking the perks and setting them as active. Edited by Camonna Tong

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They just updated the update lol today, apparently addressing the redic load times.

Quote:

An incremental update is now live on Steam.

Beta Update 1.3.47

Fixed texture threading issue causing unusually long load times

In response to post #33485500. #33489495, #33492560, #33508545 are all replies on the same post.

bladexdsl wrote:

In response to post #33458975.

bladexdsl wrote:

Does this patch make it a RPG?

LOL WAT?

Yeah it's no real RPG. Just because you get levels, doesn't make it an RPG. ^^
But it's more RPG than Fallout 1-2 ever was, if you ask me.

so because it doesn't have magic and spells, anime characters in tight skimpy clothing and little girl characters with big tits it's not an rpg?! :laugh:

Evilken42 wrote: More like the pacing and the perk system is completely antithesis of common Western RPG's. Say what you want, but the perk system is completely against any common logic of RPG's.
Darg727 wrote: Sorry, but RPG's only follow one rule: you play a role in a story with player character development/progression. FO4 has that in spades. Just because the story or character development is nonlinear does not mean a game is not an RPG. There are no strict guidelines.
Camonna Tong wrote: So Witcher 3 isn't a RPG? As far as I knew, it was one of the best RPGs around. However, it has a perk-like system and I disagree with them calling it skills. Then again, maybe my definition is different. They can call it a Talent tree, a perk tree, so on and so on, but you don't get better in anything except through unlocking the perks and setting them as active.

Well in my opinion it's not an RPG because your choices mostly don't matter and they watered it down by removing the skill check and karma. I don't care that much about the perk system. Remember in New Vegas where you could finish the main quest just by using Speech or Barter? Well that was a proper RPG

RPG stands for Role-Playing Game. You can play the role of whatever you want in Fallout 4. You can be a thief, you can be a stealth assassin, a soldier, a diplomat/merchant, a walking tank, a sane scientist, a mad scientist, a drug addict, a hacker, a ninja, a barbarian or anything that you can possibly imagine to be.

It is an RPG. Just not a strategic RPG, as the perk system just hands over everything you need so you don't have to think too much before you do. That's the reason why it is often said that Fallout 4 was heavily dumbed down, which is unquestionably true.

Edited by TravelFreely

In response to post #33332225. #33343595, #33345565, #33399980, #33405770, #33411000 are all replies on the same post.

Teo265 wrote: The changelog is indeed quite impressive. I'll hold out of the beta patch but will certainly enjoy the changes once the stable patch rolls out.
RaffTheSweetling wrote: Same with me. Seems like some great changes, but nothing major, and no fix for the invisible weapon bug makes it hardly worth-while for me at all. Will wait for the Official patch.
Lyrael07 wrote: The invisible weapon bug is indeed quite annoying...
Jessymut wrote: Entering VATS fixes the invisible weapon for me.
MindfulDroid wrote: what specs do you have, for the weapon bug?

I got low specs and I thought that was the reason, as in it just taking time to load the weapons...
Arkngt wrote: It seems to be connected to the framerate somehow. First, I don't have the issue at all if using the iFPSClamp=61 (or 60 or 59) tweak, but I get other issues with it so that's no solution. Also, I get it much more often outdoors with lower framerates than indoors where I have higher framerates. But it's not just that it takes a little bit longer - it can take 20-30 seconds, the weapon is invisible and can't be used.

I switch to a scoped weapon and that fixes the invisible weapon issue for me. Well not a fix a workaround. Then I go back to my weapon of choice.

In response to post #33508410.

bladexdsl wrote:

why don't they fix stuff that actually needs fixing like

• the settlers on the roof
  • settlers not able to walk up a tiny little ledge
  • settlers falling through the floors
  • settlers not going to their damn stores (not just the weapon store)
  • Looping thank god you were here text after an attack and not being able to use shops
  • Missile launchers killing provisioners and than having the town they came from pissed at you forcing a reload of old save...

Settlers not assigning to tasks. This makes me crazy. They say "Got it" and then the item still says needs a person. Arghhhhh.