⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Fallout 4 1.3 Steam Beta Update Live

SirSalami

In response to post #33374230. #33396750 is also a reply to the same post.

jdb1776 wrote: Don't know why, but whatever they did with 1.3 caused ridiculous loading times. I have some of the fastest OCZ SSD's available, and I never had the 5 minute loading times everyone was complaining about on release. It would be like 5 or 10 seconds tops, with two dozen mods even! Now suddenly it's up near a minute or two. That doesn't make any sense.
printerkop wrote: same here.. 2 minutes with SSD, instead of 20 seconds what it was before.

Yup, there is something wrong with that patch. Maybe it´s called beta1.3 couse of 1-3 mins loading times? Anyway, rolling back to previous version seems to make FO4 fast and familiar once again.

Keeping this release on hold for now.

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #33332225. #33343595, #33345565 are all replies on the same post.

Teo265 wrote: The changelog is indeed quite impressive. I'll hold out of the beta patch but will certainly enjoy the changes once the stable patch rolls out.
RaffTheSweetling wrote: Same with me. Seems like some great changes, but nothing major, and no fix for the invisible weapon bug makes it hardly worth-while for me at all. Will wait for the Official patch.
Lyrael07 wrote: The invisible weapon bug is indeed quite annoying...

Entering VATS fixes the invisible weapon for me.

In response to post #33353870.

Onihikage wrote: Hearing from others that it has much longer load times kind of terrifies me as I've found the load times to be extremely long already compared to literally every other game in my library, but...

> Added status menu for settlers in your settlements

Decisions, decisions...

Agreed, the loading times were almost unbearable already, for me around 1.5-2 minutes each time I had to load the Commonwealth. I'll pass on this update.

In response to post #33399680.

sandmangray wrote:

need help just installed the new beta update and i lost all my mods and to be honest i feel as though it really hasnt done much to the game still lots of glitches etc. can some one tell me how to uninstall this update and revert back to my old game . i backed everything up before hand. dont want to do something wrong and loose everything.. thanks in advance

go in steam, your fallout 4 game right click it and on preferences u see a part with betas, there u can switch back.

In response to post #33332225. #33343595, #33345565, #33399980 are all replies on the same post.

Teo265 wrote: The changelog is indeed quite impressive. I'll hold out of the beta patch but will certainly enjoy the changes once the stable patch rolls out.
RaffTheSweetling wrote: Same with me. Seems like some great changes, but nothing major, and no fix for the invisible weapon bug makes it hardly worth-while for me at all. Will wait for the Official patch.
Jessymut wrote: Entering VATS fixes the invisible weapon for me.

what specs do you have, for the weapon bug?

I got low specs and I thought that was the reason, as in it just taking time to load the weapons...

In response to post #33332225. #33343595, #33345565, #33399980, #33405770 are all replies on the same post.

Jessymut wrote: Entering VATS fixes the invisible weapon for me.
MindfulDroid wrote: what specs do you have, for the weapon bug?

I got low specs and I thought that was the reason, as in it just taking time to load the weapons...

It seems to be connected to the framerate somehow. First, I don't have the issue at all if using the iFPSClamp=61 (or 60 or 59) tweak, but I get other issues with it so that's no solution. Also, I get it much more often outdoors with lower framerates than indoors where I have higher framerates. But it's not just that it takes a little bit longer - it can take 20-30 seconds, the weapon is invisible and can't be used. Edited by Arkngt