Crashes reminiscent of skyrim 3.1gb limit

Nazgren

Sorry totally missed the second post where you said you tried loot, You aren't using the beta update by chance are you?

Looking at your latest plugins post your missing homemaker.esm did you uninstall it too?

Also Darkernights and truestorms need to be re ordered to look like this

DarkerNights.esp
TrueStormsFO4.esp
DarkerNights-TrueStorms.esp
DarkerNightsDetection.esp
man load orders are such a pain in the butt.... You have the latest version of LOOT too right?
Are you using a mod manager at all? or just installing manually?

Not using the beta patch. I Can't imagine a broken save is the issue as it is basically just the commons that I crash in and I have nothing aside from graphics mods that affects the commons. I'm out an about today but will try making a new character and going to the commons later on today. Loot is afaik up to date and am using NMM.

Edited by Nazgren

Looks like you have some old versions of mods and with 1.3 hitting the mainstream not too long ago that could be your issue. Alternate Settlements immediately jumps out at me as one you need to update.

Also very well could be the same old Skyrim issue of saves just corrupting themselves and dying. Wouldn't surprise me since save game crashes were more prevalent before the CK for Skyrim so no doubt they'll be more prevalent before the GECK for FO4.

Start a new game and see if it crashes.

Edit: Can't read and 1.3 is still a beta patch. I recommend it since I'm currently using it though. It works great for me.

Edited by Arethiel

Looks like you have some old versions of mods and with 1.3 hitting the mainstream not too long ago that could be your issue. Alternate Settlements immediately jumps out at me as one you need to update.

Also very well could be the same old Skyrim issue of saves just corrupting themselves and dying. Wouldn't surprise me since save game crashes were more prevalent before the CK for Skyrim so no doubt they'll be more prevalent before the GECK for FO4.

Start a new game and see if it crashes.

Edit: Can't read and 1.3 is still a beta patch. I recommend it since I'm currently using it though. It works great for me.

No.Please do not recommend the new patch for anyone until it's out of beta. There are plenty of issues remaining, and lots of mods seems to break due to it.

Tried making a new save. New game, followed the course as normal, sprinted through the vault and as soon as I got control after taking the elevator back up I COC'd to the same hall that I was crashing at before. Crashed about 3-4 seconds later, so its definitely not a dead save. I'm not using the beta patch either. I updated Alternate settlements when I fixed my load order, however I have just noticed that I installed 1.2 over 1.1 when I updated, I have now corrected this and will try another new save tomorrow and see what happens.

Edited by Nazgren

It's possibly a bug somewhere, can't really point it out. Only thing you can do is to disable all mods, load new save you created (or make new), then coc to the CTD-ing place and save. Then start testing mods..