DDoS attack on sites [Updated]

Dark0ne

Okay I might be an idiot, but let me be one if I must. Site went on n off for me yesterday night. Now I know why. Thank You for not giving in to ***Wholes, He sounds like he is from Blizzard.net/ Diablo or StarCraft player, as they do use those Threats.

Thank You For Keeping This Site Going, :D

PS - ( Stupid Question ) what is DDoS ? Never heard of it.

Edited by Death102

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Much love to all the Dragon Age Nexus community who respect and appreciate all the hard work people do here...Thank you EVERYONE!! This is a site I hit up every day. I can't understand how someone can be so stupid to get banned from any type of online community like this when we are all fans. To all the haters/trolls/warlocks/baby momma's: Stop drinking the extra strength HATERADE. One love to all my normal peeps out there.

Okay I might be an idiot, but let me be one if I must. Site went on n off for me yesterday night. Now I know why. Thank You for not giving in to ***Wholes, He sounds like he is from Blizzard.net/ Diablo or StarCraft player, as they do use those Threats.

Thank You For Keeping This Site Going, :D

PS - ( Stupid Question ) what is DDoS ? Never heard of it.

A DDoS attack is one in which the attacker sends a massive number of requests (Searches or information, etc.) to the host, which then overwhelms the site because it can't process that much. That tends to bring the site down if you send enough requests.

That's my basic understanding of it anyways.

DDoS = Distributed Denial of Service attack. Use a network of computers to hit a site with so much traffic it can't respond. You use a network because a single machine can't generate enough load to cause a problem for a site. Edited by AndalayBay

It takes admirable integrity to not yield to terrorists.

Where I live it is consituted as admitting his crime of cyber-terror.

Please, lets not casually throw around the word "terror" or "terrorist". Ultimately it's a game mod website, which people were briefly delayed from viewing. A minor and temporary inconvenience shouldn't bring us to threat level orange. :wallbash:

It takes admirable integrity to not yield to terrorists.

Where I live it is consituted as admitting his crime of cyber-terror.

Please, lets not casually throw around the word "terror" or "terrorist". Ultimately it's a game mod website, which people were briefly delayed from viewing. A minor and temporary inconvenience shouldn't bring us to threat level orange. :wallbash:

The reality is that botnets are a REAL threat even if the places they target aren't important. They can still compromise individual systems and bog down internet pipelines. How do you think real terrorists figure out their methods? They experiment with sites of little interest which would go unnoticed. A DDos attack also costs the site being targeted money in data transfers, so even if it is not some key government agency, it is still a crime against the owners of the site. Botnets by small time peons like this guy are also often sold or absorbed into other botnets largely due to the person either being stupid or freaking out because local law is beating down their door.

Yes, the whole "terrorists" phrase has been thrown around a bit too much in the past 10 years, but do not dismiss the serious nature of what was done.

i think the brat just needs to be arrested and put into juvenal for like a year that oughta teach em either that or have him put into boot camp anyways if he does it once hes gonna do it again and i would hate to see nexus shut down because of some little 10 year old who got banned Edited by FallenHeroX

I hope this pest get's a taste of his/her own medicine! This site is a free/loyal subscriber site that is dedicated in expanding joy and any who attack are scum! What is wrong with people that have technical skills and use them for such childish things instead of using them for good...

I hope this pest get's a taste of his/her own medicine! This site is a free/loyal subscriber site that is dedicated in expanding joy and any who attack are scum! What is wrong with people that have technical skills and use them for such childish things instead of using them for good...

amen to that well said

Edited by FallenHeroX