imagine being able to use some vehicles

maybemeandyou

Whenever you suggest more destructible environment, I suggest you use tcl and then move thru the ground. Then think that most surface is made of tiny, separate parts (rubble is not alone, it's actually a rubble pile with bits of ground mesh/textures). So .. difficult.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whenever you suggest more destructible environment, I suggest you use tcl and then move thru the ground. Then think that most surface is made of tiny, separate parts (rubble is not alone, it's actually a rubble pile with bits of ground mesh/textures). So .. difficult.

When a game company has around several million budget for a game, it will happen.

When a game company has around several million budget for a game, it will happen.

Game lacks other things more important. DEST is hardly important.

personally ... disable fast travel as standard until a vehicle is found and repaired

make them level based &/or perk based &/or location based &/or faction based just to keep it interesting ... just like BoS has vertibirds and the Institute has teleporters

that would make exploring more engaging and fun

FONV had a cool mod with a van you could use as a mobile base ... might be a good use of the APC

Not driving around like gta or anything but i mean we got tanks, vertiberds, apcs and construction equipment. imagine the uses if you could fire one of these bad boys up. power armor magically still works even when underwater, im sure other machines could too. thoughts?

The suits are HEnV suits, seems.

Well, they should be at least.

So this would be normal, IF not found in the open.

The bombs would have fried the techology to drive these, if left in the open, but for some weird reason the creators said: "Meh... screw that."

Vehicles left outside would have this very same issue.

Vehicles found inside bunkers or similar buildings shielding technology should have functioning vehicles.

I believe though, since there aren't even horses left, just cows, which you can't saddle up, they REFUSE any form of transport means BUT fast hop around the land.

Reason why: likely because:

1) EVERYTHING is a weapon. A car or other vehicle can be used to run over an enemy, or would a too good system to avoid/escape encounters like the Behemoths.

2) You'd be hopping too fast around, and not see half the world they created. ESPECAILLY random placed annoyances like Mole Rats and the like. We can't have that, now can we?

3) the very danger this vehicle might prove to be, not for you the player, they WANT you to die!, but the opponents: drive into a heap, run and shoot car: fun guaranteed. And we HATE fun.

4) Fill in any other nonsensical but humourous ideology in the same form, one cannot run out of ideas in the matter. :)

But no matter how, there aren't any, and unless someone provides a mod for this, i fear we will not ever have a ride, in whatever form.

Save for elevators, f**k know why THEY still work...

I toyed with the idea of making remote controlled models of some of the vehicles in the game. Vertibirds and Mr Handies are doable but the Rocket 69 has a design flaw that would make it hard to steer. The enclosed fender wells do not leave room for the front wheels to steer very much. The cars and the Lone Wanderer do not have moving parts. The physics in the game does not accurately depict the flight model of a tilt rotor aircraft and I suspect they are just animations not flight simulator graphics, I don't know if the game engine can handle all the stuff you would need to add a flight or driving simulation to the game. Designing a flight simulator for the vertibird would be a monumental task and I think it would not be much easier to make a driving simulator. If you really want to fly a vertbird I suggest starting here.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__85123__Canadair_CL_84_Dynavert_Tilt_Wing_VTOL_PNF.html